Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 2:49 PM
Default Computer crashed now have serious wireless problems
Hi all,

My internet was playing up a little last night (it often does so I'm not sure if it's part of the issue or not) and I ended up playing Sim City which eventually crashed my computer.

Basically what the issue is, after my computer crashed, it seemed to be blind to my wireless connection. It can see my neighbours connections but not mine. I've turned it off and on countless times, tried searching for my router on the computer, tried adding my router manually (it adds, but it only shows up in Manage Wireless Networks in the Control Panel. It doesn't show up in available wireless connections. The wifi on my phone and my mother's laptop is working fine so I know it's nothing to do with my internet provider.

I finally caved in and attached an ethernet cable which has worked but having my desktop physically connected is completely unsuitable as, due to both the location of my phone point and the layout of the flat I'm in, I can't put my computer anywhere closer to physically connect it to my router so right now my router's in the middle of the floor with it's wires stretched as far as they can go just to get it to reach. Obviously, I can't keep it like this long so I need my wireless back.

Help?!
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 4:09 AM
The wireless is a built-in adapter model directly on the motherboard? Or removable?

If it is removable, Go to Device Manager and Uninstall the Wireless Adapter, then unplug it from the PC. May need a reboot. Plug it in again and see if Windows recognize it. It should just require a generic wireless driver, if not you need to visit the manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers from them for your OS.