Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:28 PM
Default Father of toddler stalking my sims even though he does not live with them??? (constantly inviting self into apartment)
So I have a female sim who split up with her ex-husband and moved out with their toddler. They live in an apartment in the art district now away from the father, but he keeps showing up. Now, that I wouldn't mind so much bc of course he'd want to see his daughter. But the thing is, he just lets himself in. No ringing the bell, no asking, just waltzing on in as if he lives there and spending all hours in the nursery standing creepily next to the toddler. Even better is how my female sim had a one night stand with a neighbour and thanks to risky woohoo now has another toddler (they're at opposite ends of the toddler age). Now the other father keeps doing the same. My toddlers' nursery is full of intruding estranged fathers standing next to the dollhouse all day staring at their children, occasionally talking to them. The only way I can help stop this is by locking the front door to everyone except household, which keeps them out but they just stand and loiter outside the door all day and I can't have any visitors at all. It's so annoying and it's only happening since the new patch. I keep using testingcheats to destroy object on them but within the sim hour they're back like flies around a turd.

tldr: my sim's baby daddies are stalking my sim family, pls stop it
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:32 AM
This is because they're considered caregivers. It appears to be mandatory for both parents to be caregivers of the children, even if they don't live in the same household. I've been able to find no way to take the flag off any unwanted fathers. It's starting to really annoy me. I wanted a deadbeat dad for my story, not a stalker!

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 1:49 AM
Ahhh so it IS a new feature and not a glitch... damn it....
Well every silver lining needs a cloud I guess
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 5:11 AM
It says in the lessons that a caregiver can give up being a caregiver. You might have to play as that sim and give up being a caregiver, then let them go back to being a computer sim. Hope that might help you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
It says in the lessons that a caregiver can give up being a caregiver. You might have to play as that sim and give up being a caregiver, then let them go back to being a computer sim. Hope that might help you.

@Bur1440 thank you how do you do that?? Is there an option in the sim menu or is a debug/cheat thing?
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Staarchild
@Bur1440 thank you how do you do that?? Is there an option in the sim menu or is a debug/cheat thing?

It says that it's in the toddlers care menu.
Instructor
#7 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:36 AM
I know it says that in the lessons, but there's no option in the toddler care menu. I added him to my household, and therefore have two caretakers in my household. Even a game that refuses to let me go below one caretaker should, at this point, allow me to remove him from the list. Alas.

Now that he's in my house I'm just going to murder him. I feel bad about his wife and other child, but dude's really gotta go.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#8 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
I know it says that in the lessons, but there's no option in the toddler care menu. I added him to my household, and therefore have two caretakers in my household. Even a game that refuses to let me go below one caretaker should, at this point, allow me to remove him from the list. Alas

Now that he's in my house I'm just going to murder him. I feel bad about his wife and other child, but dude's really gotta go.

Murder might be the only option, I really don't have a clue. Maybe they left it out for some reason. I might just have to make a kid to try it out. All my sims are married and happy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 11:48 AM
I was starting to think I'd have to go problem CC hunting again in my mods folder... they just left it out it seems... grrr

Thankfully the older of my toddlers has aged up to child so now I only have 1 stalker to deal with
Alchemist
#10 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:57 PM
That really might be a CC problem. My Eliza Pancakes has a toddler with her boyfriend (she's still married to Bob). The BF never showed up uninvited.
Instructor
#11 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
I know it says that in the lessons, but there's no option in the toddler care menu. I added him to my household, and therefore have two caretakers in my household. Even a game that refuses to let me go below one caretaker should, at this point, allow me to remove him from the list. Alas.

Hmm, have you looked under Mean? Could be there.
Test Subject
#12 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 3:45 AM
My toddler grew up and now the kid won't climb steps.. I have removed everything away from steps and even teleported them but they still won't go up or down the steps. Any ideas?