Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:26 PM
Default CC Question: How to update mods for new patch?
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this kind of question. But can someone tell me how to update mods for the new patch? I made custom traits and after I updated my game they no longer work correctly. Is there an easy way that I can update them rather than having to completely remake them?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 2:49 PM
I am also having this problem. I have thousands of CC. Surely is there a better way than placing them all back five at a time to find the ones that crash the game?

"Son, you've got a panty on yo haid..." Raisin' Arizona
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chahtah1899
I am also having this problem. I have thousands of CC. Surely is there a better way than placing them all back five at a time to find the ones that crash the game?

There is. Divide your mods in half - pile A and pile B. Load your game with pile A. If the issue persists, the problem is in pile A. If not, it's in pile B. Put the mods you know are safe into a "new mods" folder, and then divide the problematic pile into two more piles, repeating the process until you've narrowed it down to the single mod that's the issue. If you have 1000 mods that could potentially be the issue(and often you can narrow it down further than that, especially if you have a well-organized mods folder), you will find the culprit in 11 tests.

My sims blog
Currently playing: Katran Random Legacy