Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 12:30 AM Last edited by badwolf145 : 15th Jun 2014 at 3:25 AM.
The Sims 3 Immortality Challenge
The Sims 3 Immortality Challenge

BACKSTORY: Every once in a while the forces of nature come together to create a chosen one. A certain Sim with the power to live forever. Trapped for all eternity inside the young adult life stage everyone they know and love slowly passes them by leaving them on their own. What does one do with this gift? Achieve greatness.

CREATE A SIM: You begin with your founder, this sim may have any traits you want and look however you want them to look. They may be female or male. You may only create one sim, and they must be a young adult. This is your sim that is blessed with immortality so take your time making them because you'll be playing with them for a while.

YOUR GOAL: With so much time on your hands, your sim has a lot on their agenda.

1. FAMILY Just because they will outlive them, doesn't mean your sim doesn't want to start a family. You will keep ageing turned on for the world and set the lifespan to normal and whenever your sim is within a day of ageing into an adult you can use NRAAS Master Controller to reset their age or use testingcheatsenabled true and right click on your sim after they have aged into an adult to take them into create-a-sim and reset their age back to YA. Your sim wants to get married and start a family, except unlike in the original legacy challenge a child does not become the heir. You can choose whether to keep your children in your house until they die or move them out when they become adults. Either way your sim must watch their children slowly outlive them. Also, unfortunately their spouse will eventually die. You must wait at least until the mourning moodlet goes away before you attempt to dull the pain by finding a new love and doing it all over again. This cycle continues until ten generations have gone by.

2. CAREERS With an unlimited amount of time your sim wants to try their hand at everything. Your goal is to try and reach level 10 of all branches of all careers Though with 34 careers in total (if you have all expansion packs) this may not seem possible, just fit in as many as you can.

3. SKILLS Not only does your sim want to manage a large career path and family they want to be the best in all their skills as well. Your goal is to reach level 10 in as many skills as possible. Again, including expansion packs there are a total of 28 skills and store content can add even more, so pick and choose which ones you want most.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
- You can do this challenge for more or less than ten generations, it's up to you!
-As well as maxing all of the sills you can attempt to max all hidden skills as well. (i.e. chess, skating etc.)
-As well as reaching the top of all career paths you can attempt to reach the top of all part-time jobs as well.

SCORING
This is optional and you don't have to keep score :D
10pts for every generation
10pts for every career maxed
10pts for every skill maxed
5pts for ever part-time job maxed
5pts for every hidden skill maxed
5pts for every child
20pts for every university degree

Good luck

Please reply if you feel like trying the challenge, you have any questions,or if you want to compare scores. I'd love to hear what you think of it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2014 at 5:17 AM
Oh, and no money cheats or cheats of any other kind (unless mentioned in the rules) allowed. :D
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 4:12 PM
This is an interesting challenge. You can also get the life fruit if you have Adventures or make a forever young potion from the chemistry table you get from Generations
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 8:54 PM
This challenge is neat. I actually have the absolute perfect character for it. She's a Sims version of a character from a TV show who has basically this exact issue; sort of. She technically gave the longevity to herself, but none the less. Living for over 200 years watching the majority of the people she cares about (excluding like, two people) and keeping to herself a lot; she fits the character of this challenge perfectly.

Thank you for this. Finally gives me a use for her other than playing God with her and her male friend. Once I get finished building Heavenly Host, I'll get right to this. Might change a couple of things to fit the character; namely, one career but maxing all skills and making the challenge of adopting a bunch of supernatural children and taking care of them to adulthood (simply due to her character profile), but none the less. I'm excited to play this one.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OkamiFukuro
This challenge is neat. I actually have the absolute perfect character for it. She's a Sims version of a character from a TV show who has basically this exact issue; sort of. She technically gave the longevity to herself, but none the less. Living for over 200 years watching the majority of the people she cares about (excluding like, two people) and keeping to herself a lot; she fits the character of this challenge perfectly.

Thank you for this. Finally gives me a use for her other than playing God with her and her male friend. Once I get finished building Heavenly Host, I'll get right to this. Might change a couple of things to fit the character; namely, one career but maxing all skills and making the challenge of adopting a bunch of supernatural children and taking care of them to adulthood (simply due to her character profile), but none the less. I'm excited to play this one.

Great! I'd love to hear how it goes for you! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 10:47 AM
Actually, if you create your sim, save the game, go to main menu, and use testingcheatsenabled true from the main menu, you can go back into the game, go into your sim's lifetime happiness, and (either shift or ctrl) + left click in the box that has the points to get tons of lifetime points so you can get the age freeze potion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tenshi29
Actually, if you create your sim, save the game, go to main menu, and use testingcheatsenabled true from the main menu, you can go back into the game, go into your sim's lifetime happiness, and (either shift or ctrl) + left click in the box that has the points to get tons of lifetime points so you can get the age freeze potion.

That's cool! I didn't know you could do that!
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by badwolf145
That's cool! I didn't know you could do that!

Not sure how I found out about it, but it makes this challenge easier to start.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 12:24 AM
This challenge seems really cool! I don't really do many Legacy challenges. But this one caught my eye XD
Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 2:30 AM
I might do this challenge, make a new save and see what happens. Perhaps as an interesting touch, create her or him as a vampire, but with a soul so they are suffering forever. I might cheat to get like the martial arts thing, just because going to World Adventures places can still glitch up, aleast the last time I remember it.

Another touch is maybe after a while, they live in the future (And watch their last descendant, their last line die)

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Instructor
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 3:02 PM
Why have I only found this now? Will definitely be trying it!
Instructor
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2014 at 3:54 PM
Yes, I think I'll give this a go with the Overstuff challenge... which means I need to get that Stone Hearted reward FAST! ; A ;
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th May 2015 at 11:26 AM
Default Scoring
Can the children earn the points too?