Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#801 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:53 PM
Yes, working on both. I should have an update for the patch today, the auto-UV is still in progress but getting there after some false starts and lots of procrastination.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#802 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 5:09 PM
hi Cmar.how are you. for me too CASTOOL dont open packages. with new update sims 4.Great to ear tath.nice day
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#803 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 11:27 AM
Hi, I want to have the tool able to make existing meshes compatible with the gender-neutral update which is taking a bit longer, but on the way.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#804 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 3:27 PM
yes great..... so good luck....
Test Subject
#805 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:15 PM
Thank you,waiting for the update
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#806 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:07 PM
The mesh converter tool doesn't package the mesh - you need to clone a game hair and then replace the meshes with your own. Unfortunately if you've patched up to date and don't already have a cloned hair package you'll need to wait for CAS Tools to be updated to handle the new version of CAS parts and meshes.

Test Subject
#807 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 9:54 PM Last edited by giannisk13 : 9th Jun 2016 at 5:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
The mesh converter tool doesn't package the mesh - you need to clone a game hair and then replace the meshes with your own. Unfortunately if you've patched up to date and don't already have a cloned hair package you'll need to wait for CAS Tools to be updated to handle the new version of CAS parts and meshes.

Ok thank you so much (Nope I haven't updated yet) I fixed my mistake the hair appears perfectly both in sims 4 studio and in milkshape however in game the hair isn't in the proper place...it's more forward which leaves a gap in the head and I can see through it...now what? By the way what if the hair i wanna convert has a hat? for example Katy Perry's Sweet Treats hair has 2 different parts..how do i combine them togeher (Thank you so much-hope i didn't get too annoying)
Lab Assistant
#808 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:43 AM
Sorry I've been gone so long. RL has hit me with health issues that are not serious, but have been painful and debilitating, plus the loss of a pet. Can't promise to be very active for a while, but I'll try.

I know i'm late but...
I'm so sorry!
Hope you get(or got) better!
Test Subject
#809 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 2:04 PM
please update!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#810 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 10:27 PM
Updated at last so at least the basics work. I'll continue to work on the problems I've seen with older meshes updated with this tool and used for the opposite gender.

Test Subject
#811 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 11:38 PM Last edited by SilverMoonSims : 9th Jun 2016 at 11:48 PM.
Hi CmarNYC, I've DL the latest version but impossible to start it. Nothing happens when I click on it. (cursor load indefinitely )
Test Subject
#812 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 5:30 AM
Thank you for the new update!
However, in the Mesh Tools -> Auto Conversion tab, it keeps saying that the file isn't a S4 Reference Mesh, but it is, I think it's a bug!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#813 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 5:27 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Jun 2016 at 5:53 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SilverMoonSims
Hi CmarNYC, I've DL the latest version but impossible to start it. Nothing happens when I click on it. (cursor load indefinitely )

Possibly your antivirus is blocking it - they sometimes do that with software they don't recognize. Have you been able to run previous versions?

Quote: Originally posted by FoFuxx
Thank you for the new update!
However, in the Mesh Tools -> Auto Conversion tab, it keeps saying that the file isn't a S4 Reference Mesh, but it is, I think it's a bug!

You're right, and I'm uploading a fixed version. The GEOM change was unexpected and I have a lot more testing to do on the conversions and how to handle the new seam stitching data, so error reports are appreciated.

Test Subject
#814 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:44 PM Last edited by SilverMoonSims : 10th Jun 2016 at 6:56 PM.
Possibly your antivirus is blocking it - they sometimes do that with software they don't recognize. Have you been able to run previous versions?

Yes, I have never had this problem before :s

But you're right, it's due to my antivirus ! Thank You =D
Test Subject
#815 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 6:50 PM
Hi!
Still in the Auto Conversion tab, now the S3 isn't recognized, only .obj files are.
Test Subject
#816 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 7:04 PM
I downloaded the new version, Using the new mesh but Still gives the same warning...
Screenshots
Test Subject
#817 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 11:27 AM
There is a problem with Opposite Gender Part number. Cas Tool gives an error when I click ''Commit Changes'' button.
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#818 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by darknighttsr
There is a problem with Opposite Gender Part number. Cas Tool gives an error when I click ''Commit Changes'' button.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll upload another fixed version (this problem and a couple of others) in a bit.

Test Subject
#819 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 11:31 AM
Thank you. We're waiting.
Test Subject
#820 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 1:48 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. I'll upload another fixed version (this problem and a couple of others) in a bit.

Hi Cmar! With the new version 1.4.0.2 i have the same problem, when i try to commit changes, a screen says: Please enter a valid instance ID in the Opposite Gender Part box it happen only when i try commit changes in the recolor Manager screen.
Test Subject
#821 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:33 PM
Hi also an error when I try to convert a sims 4 geom to sims 3 geom for conversions

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#822 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brianissa
Hi also an error when I try to convert a sims 4 geom to sims 3 geom for conversions

I believe this was fixed in 1.4.0.2 which which I uploaded this morning. Either way, tomorrow I'll upload a new version with more of these bugs fixed.

Test Subject
#823 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 10:35 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Jun 2016 at 12:16 AM.
Default Problems converting TS3 hair for TS4 tmp
If this is now a discussion of how to make hairs, it belongs in the Create / CAS Parts forum. Please post there or I can split these comments into a new thread.

Yeah sorry...umm i dunno where that thread is can you please split it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#824 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by giannisk13
Yeah sorry...umm i dunno where that thread is can you please split it?

No problem

The new thread is here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578391

@FoFuxx could you take a look? You know more about hair than I do.

Test Subject
#825 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 5:52 AM
No problem

The new thread is here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=578391

@FoFuxx could you take a look? You know more about hair than I do.

Sure!
Locked thread | Locked by: CmarNYC Reason: Tool now in Downloads - comments should go there.
Page 33 of 36