Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#101 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 8:31 PM Last edited by Emerald1234 : 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:58 PM.
If my images seem small it is because i can only run my game on a small resolution and making them bigger isn't possible.

i decided to makeover this house for the singles because i'm sure this house was meant for them.

i decided to give most of the girls double beds because...single girls need loving too right?

Rooms For each girl:
-Leopard print bed-is chloe's because she's a romance sim.
-small single bed room-is kristens because she doesn't plan on staying in strangetown long.
-room with desk and stripey bed-loas because i'd envisage her as wanting a bland workable room being more serious than chloe.
-room with orangish bedding-is erins,if you look close enough you can see a picture of loki and circe on her wall

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Default Entry Round 1 - The Beaker Family
I have chosen the Beaker family. I picture them as a very clean and neat family who live in a sterile, modern house. So that is what I build. I added another level for the Beakers which includes their bedroom and private bathroom as well a doorway to the flat roof where they can stargaze. I kept the basement and turned it into Nervous's room and place where Circe can perform her experiments. To access the basement, I made a secret staircase. The door to these stairs and so the basement can only be entered by the Beakers. On the ground floor I turned the small rooms at the front in two lab's; one for Circe and one for Loki. For the kitchen and living room I deleted the walls to integrate both and have a sense of an open space. Finally, I surrounded the house with a chain mail fence to fend off unwanted visitors. The Beakers don't do very ethical experiments after all.

More pictures behind the spoiler.

Mad Poster
#103 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:45 PM
@emerald1234 - the house is pretty.

Your screenshots are a bit small - can you take bigger ones? (I know you are new to this, and I can see them well enough, but they should really be bigger).

Also - you should get rid of the gridlines.
That can be done by: go into cameramanmode (press tab) - or (easier for me) - press F10 and they should mostly go away.
Don't worry if they are not perfect immediately, by the end of this contest you will have learned how to take nice ones You can edit your screenshots and your entry until the deadline and there is still one day left. Strongs
Scholar
#104 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@emerald1234 - the house is pretty.

Your screenshots are a bit small - can you take bigger ones? (I know you are new to this, and I can see them well enough, but they should really be bigger).

Also - you should get rid of the gridlines.
That can be done by: go into cameramanmode (press tab) - or (easier for me) - press F10 and they should mostly go away.
Don't worry if they are not perfect immediately, by the end of this contest you will have learned how to take nice ones You can edit your screenshots and your entry until the deadline and there is still one day left. Strongs

the reason that the pictures aren't bigger is because my game window is pretty small and its the only window i can play the game on,if i can't make the pictures bigger will i be disqualified?

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#105 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 10:06 PM
I doubt that, @Emerald1234 - I can see your pics well enough. I think you should just explain that in your entry so that the other judges will know why they are smaller - that should be fine then
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM
I'm here, still not well -but I think with the one I missed we have 10?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#107 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:40 PM Last edited by yavannatw : 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:55 PM.
Get well soon, Jo. We have 12. I logged on this morning to see five new entries! Great job everyone.

@Kukamuukaanmuka I hope you can get the rest of your pics in.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 11:52 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM.
Thank you! Karen counted 12 as well.

Guys ignore what I said above, there is one day left on the clock.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#109 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:46 AM
@yavannatw , just did , all the pics and the story also Just took some time as I got carried away as usual, It was supposed to be just few words story

So yep, updated my entry

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#110 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:14 AM
Default Spectre Family 73 Road to Nowhere

Hi, I'm Ophelia Nigmos (or so it says in my underpants; I can't really remember for sure). I just moved into this place with my elderly relative, Olive, and we've done the place up a bit, so I thought I would show you.

I hope you liked my tour! If you live in Strangetown, maybe you could fill me in on some details. Like, where are my parents? And why am I wearing a tie?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:30 AM
@simsample Great to see you here!

Also can everyone make sure that the family you choose is easy for the judges to see.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 4:43 AM
Sim Sample, Where did you get the Mini Nervous from??? Love all your cc. I can't wait to see where your story leads whether it is official or a play-along.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:57 AM
Mini Nervous? Hunts for mini Nervous... Where?

Going to check the table and start on judging sheets. It's 8pm here so I won't close the application round until the morning-my morning.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:31 AM
@Emerald1234 I just noticed your pictures, did you use a screenshot program? Fraps, Gadwin there are others. Make sure to use Tab to remove the UI and if you can at the least make your floor plan shots as large as the front shot. Judges have a big task and having as large a picture as possible helps them out. By the way, the one time I made over this house, I made it over for the Singles.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#115 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:34 AM
I also want a mini Nervous :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:41 AM
Table updated, we have 13, maybe somebody will make it lucky 14? Also, you will now see all the family names in the table rather than 'entry' this will help us all keep track.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#117 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Emerald1234 I just noticed your pictures, did you use a screenshot program? Fraps, Gadwin there are others. Make sure to use Tab to remove the UI and if you can at the least make your floor plan shots as large as the front shot. Judges have a big task and having as large a picture as possible helps them out. By the way, the one time I made over this house, I made it over for the Singles.

i'll try to make the improvements now.

My Tumblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#118 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 2:42 PM
Mini Nervous Subject (pictured in Olive's room) is by a creator called MimiX5 or Mimiextra5 but doesn't seem to be available any more. I uploaded it here:
http://simfileshare.net/download/566153/
Field Researcher
#119 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:04 PM Last edited by Aysarth : 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:38 PM. Reason: Damn laptop
Default Round 1 Entry - The Spectre Household
Strangetown council decided that this little house would be suitable for a two person household, with a little redevelopment. So, the Spectre household was selected as owners.

The Council has decided that the landscaping should stay true to the desert environment, and developed the grounds accordingly. Olive was unimpressed. She seemed to think too little space had been left for her own outdoor interests.

The new open plan upper floor allowed plenty of entertaining space for the outgoing and sociable Sim the council assumed a professional party guest must be! The ground floor was converted into two reasonably sized bedrooms, each with its own bathroom.

Ophelia was rather surprised to get the larger of the bedrooms, but Olive explained that this was so she had space to study. Actually, a secret door in Olive's room leads down to the old basement.

What do you do down there, Olive? Grow mushrooms?

N.B. The book case in Olive's room is a functional 1 tile secret door. The cooker hood is a smoke detector.
Mad Poster
#120 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:08 PM
Jo, I think you'd better make me a play-along. I'm not going to finish my house by the deadline -- Real Life and that basement have combined to make it impossible. If I'm not mistaken that basement floor is 20 clicks below the main ground floor level, which explains why the ladder I was trying to use isn't long enough to reach! So, to save Ajay having to jump when he reaches the top rung of the ladder, I'm going to have to raise the basement floor level. Which might need CFE, which I've only used once before. Also, as it is just now, I can't place walls on that floor. I'm sure I can work it out eventually. But what I can't do is fix that floor, finish furnishing and decorating the house, arrange the garden, load the no-red-lines mod, start FRAPS, take and post all the pictures and write up my post in the next four and a half hours, while simultaneously attending to all my Real Life tasks!

Anyway you've got 14 contestants now without me -- 15 if HugeLunatic (or anyone else) submits an entry. Which looked very unlikely only a few days ago! I put my name down because I was afraid of the contest not going ahead -- I certainly didn't want to keep anyone else out of it. I think I'll enjoy the contest more as a play-along -- I can be a bit free-er if I don't have to worry about scoring.

And besides, all the entries so far are much better than my house!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#121 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:29 PM
Ajay should just learn to teleport
Instructor
#122 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 11:49 PM
Default Round One - Loner

A small, modern home for Ajay, based all around his favorite color, black. It has an office for him to work from (and make money), and a telescope for counting the grains of sand in his backyard (instead of stars in the sky).

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:09 AM
Oh ya, entries 14 and 15 just as I came on to close application round. Congratulations @Aysarth and @Mordant17

I will be getting the judges sheets together today.

@AndrewGloria Sorry you missed out. :/ Please do.

Applications are now closed. Any more applications will now go on the play along table.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 2:39 AM
Judges can you check in.
@gdayars
@Justpetro
@yavannatw
I have the judging sheet ready. Can everyone open Word documents? I tried changing it to .txt but it said it would not keep the cells or clickable text. If you can PM me and let me know thanks.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#125 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:42 AM
Checking in, @joaandsarah77 - Yes, I can open Word documents

Page 5 of 25