Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:49 AM
Default Seeking Help with 3 Issues in Custom World
I'm hoping that someone might be able to offer assistance with the following three issues which have cropped up in my new world, Simburbia:

1. The map tag for the observatory works but is quite a ways away from the observatory. As attuned says, it doesn't seem to be "stuck" to the observatory. I tried deleting the rabbit hole building and replacing it, but it did not help. Does anyone know what causes this or, more importantly, how to fix it? It doesn't really affect game play but distracts from the looks of the world.

2. The lot name / info box for a community lot created by attuned placed in Simburbia stays in the upper left corner of the screen if the player places their cursor on the lot during edit in game or game play, I believe. I've found no way to get rid of the dialog box. It covers the sims action queue. Does anyone know how to stop this annoying behavior? I tried deleting and replacing the lot, but it didn't make any difference.

3. attuned posted about problems that can be caused for NPCs who man registers, the coffee bar, etc., which are supposed to be continually manned on a lot with operating hours. She quoted some information from Don Babilon but has not had the opportunity to respond to my request for more information or a link. I could find no information about this issue. I want to note it under "Known Issues" for Simburbia rather than changing other peoples' lots that I am using in the world.

I'd appreciate any assistance or guidance about any of these issues. Thank you so much for your help!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 9:27 PM
Regarding #1. Sometimes the lot can be set to the rabbit hole state as well as the building. You can remove the lot type in CAW->Edit In Game.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:12 PM
I had no 2 with a lot in a custom world, too. But that lot had two rabbitholes hidden in the basement, was utterly cluttered and used a lot type from a future world (the world in questions was a standard home world). In my case it helped to change the lot type and to remove some of the objects (and one rabbithole). I don't think any of this applies to attuned's lot, so I'm afraid this post doesn't help much, sorry.

I'll see if I can test your latest version this week. During my tests with previous versions this problem didn't pop up.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 20th Feb 2017 at 11:28 PM.
I had issues with Stranda on no 3, but it's more than 3 years ago now, and I fixed the issues since the lots were mine. I remember on a market lot with the witch ring or whatever, one of the NPC's couldn't take a brake or something. Sorry I can't be more helpful. I could seach my own blog I guess, but it's like 955 posts and I don't know what to search for. Should teach me a lesson perhaps.

Google is good for anything. I found this:

Quote:
I also tested the Dyrsku’n consignment store outside. It didn’t seem to be a problem at all. The people working outside didn’t seem to complain. The consignment store register was closed part of the day, but the food register kept open and was still working.

Source

I seem to remember something about the cashier standing there like forever, but it may have been in a later beta. I made so many of the betas, it was tested to distruction before release.