Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 3:59 PM Last edited by leefish : 4th Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM.
Default Tutorial: how to change genetics after home plastic surgery *FREETIME update* 06/11/2008
All pictures are gone so tutorial hidden but we have new threads out there to take this one's place.

Here is a good replacement thread http://modthesims.info/t/494394

This space intentionally left blank...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 4:33 PM
Thanks, dont suppose you know how to change their skin tone?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Nukael : 12th Apr 2005 at 6:19 PM.
It depends on which you want to change, if you just want to change the appearance skintone, you can use Sim Surgery, but it's still a bit messed up because of University.

If you want to change the genetics you can find them in the neighbourhood file under Sim dna. What every line is you can find on the forum, search for Sims Dna and you should find a thread: mystery of Sims Dna revieled or something like that.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 6:33 PM
Awesome! Thanks for this, I will be using it!
Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 7:15 PM
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 7:28 PM
This is very helpful. Thanks for posting!
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 7:30 PM Last edited by Motoki : 12th Apr 2005 at 8:12 PM.
Oh thank you, I was wondering how to do this and I knew there must be a way. Now my newly beautiful sims don't have to be childless or else have little monsters lol.
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#8 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 8:08 PM
Awesome. Thank you. I'm going to move this to the tutorials section where it will be easier to find.

RG
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Apr 2005 at 8:13 PM
OH MY GOD, THANK YOU!! I worship you!! :bow:

Silk stockings, What bliss they recall,
When love promised all, Forever more . . .
Cole Porter - 1954
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 1:23 PM
You're welcome I tried posting this thing first in the tutorial section, but hey! I'm not allowed, oh well, it's found its way there anyhow
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 2:00 PM
YAY! Now my newly beautiful sims can have beautiful offspring instead of spawns from hell. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 12:58 AM
OMG :wow: This is cool, thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:06 AM
:bow:

You rule.
Instructor
#14 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 6:21 PM
Thank you so much!
Instructor
#15 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 5:38 PM
Thank you tons. Now I can finally apply eugenics to the ugly townies!
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 9:05 AM
Why does my sim have only 1 line? Not 2?
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 12:19 PM
Right clicking on that line isn't available in my SimPe. However, I can always pull up the file by going to the file location first and clicking on the file number which will in turn pull up SimPe.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butt3rfly
Why does my sim have only 1 line? Not 2?

butt3rfly do you have the university expansion? Because if not then your sim will only have line 1 and that is normal.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 3:20 PM
I don't have the facility to right-click either - my grey line stops when it gets to the Neighbourhood part, it doesn't mention the file (I have the latest edition of SimPE - version 35). I opened the file from the Character Files and did it that way (which is awkward as nowhere in SimPE can I find any mention of the character number) ... anyway, I changed it, but the file names didn't alter, the two lines still show as different and I don't know if they are meant to because there is no picture of how it is supposed to look once it's done. In other words, I have no idea if I will be passing on the new genes or the old ones! Only one way to find out, I suppose ...

Anyway, if it works, brilliant ... if it doesn't, I'm gonna have one ugly kid born because this Sim was one I made and it sort of went wrong!

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Instructor
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 3:25 PM
If you look at the hex code and compare it between the two entries it should look exactly the same if the change took. I know it will look like gibberish, but it should be exactly the same gibberish lol.
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motoki
butt3rfly do you have the university expansion? Because if not then your sim will only have line 1 and that is normal.

I have the university expansion, but my sim still has only line 1..
Field Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Apr 2005 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by butt3rfly
I have the university expansion, but my sim still has only line 1..
So do mine unless I use the plastic surgery object, then another one appears. They'll only have one if you haven't altered their facial appearance as far as I can see.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th May 2005 at 3:07 PM
Thanks for posting this. It's interesting to know.

For some reason I have a hard time playing god with my townie and ugly sims' genes lol but if I ever feel like it I'll definitely use this.
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th May 2005 at 4:13 PM
This is so great! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 9th May 2005 at 7:59 PM Last edited by Lpfan : 9th May 2005 at 8:00 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
WOOHOO!! Now Goopy can have some beautiful kids with his new face ::Sorry Goopy fans, but the face had to go:: :smash:
Page 1 of 4