Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 11th May 2005 at 3:13 PM
Thank you for posting this tutorial. I just got to the stage of game play where I need to do something permanent with the looks of sims that use the plastic surgery kit. Thanks again.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 14th May 2005 at 1:50 AM
I always have the problem of my actrative sims having such God awful ugly childern so this I see. Thank you when I get Uni on monday I will give this a shot.
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd May 2005 at 10:34 AM
I was also wondering about the same thing someone else mentioned, the two lines stay the same as they were before; the first line doesn't appear to be changed at all. Is it supposed to stay the same or should it look the same as the second line? :dolt:
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#29 Old 23rd May 2005 at 11:34 PM
The line staying the same... do you mean the group, instance and subtype numbers? If so, those should NOT change, so you're doing it right.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Jun 2005 at 12:35 AM
Awesome. I can actually let Komei have kids now? It's amazing how just 4 clicks of a mouse made him handsome
Test Subject
#31 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 5:56 PM
Here's a question. I was just changing some sim facial structure files per instructions in this tutorial. I do that with NPC townies and University Secret Society members with the aid of the Merola mirror and the plastic surgery machine. As I looked at the files of these sims, however, ones that I KNOW I sent to the plastic surgery machine, I noted that they had only one facial structure file. No second line!

It's hard to tell whether this is the original face file or the changed one. Would this have to do with the fact that these are NPCs or is everyone else as mystified as I am?

Also, last time I was having a plastic surgery party at the Volauvent Society, I noticed a very high failure rate. I had to run the machine five or six times to get a good result on some sims regardless of their motives. There was one sim that always failed no matter how many times she used the machine, so I had to let the cow plant eat her. Sigh.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 4:31 AM
I've got the same problem as Anachronista.

I know for a fact that I've used plastic surgery on a sim, and there's only one facial structure line. I'm using the newest version of SimPE...so...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 4th Aug 2005 at 5:10 AM
I also only have one facial structure line. This sim was modified using sim surgery. It is not an NPC sim, it is a second generation sim. Was an alien impregnation and she was hideous so I changed her. I'm also using the newest version of SimPE version .44
#34 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 5:38 PM
When i did your tut there was only one line in the character facial lol,
Forum Resident
#35 Old 15th Aug 2005 at 6:01 PM
awww thank you for the tutorial. It may come really handy
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#36 Old 18th Aug 2005 at 8:12 AM
I'm only getting one Facial line in my Sims after surgery. Could SimPE be doing it differently nowadays?
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 4:02 AM
Default Genetics Help with Makeover, not facelift?
Have tried your tutorial and it works great. Just wondering if you can make the changes you do in a makeover (hair style, hair color, color for eyebrows, stubble, beard, etc) genetic. These don't appear to be part of the facial structure that gets changed through the process you describe.

Thanks for your help!

Aloha!
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Sep 2005 at 9:21 PM
Oh dear, I've been out of the scene for quite a while, haven't I? The last version I used of SimPE was something like .32 or so... From what I gather from the comments is that SimPE has changed a bit.
Now I got the new lay-out of Simpe, and Nightlife, I'm back in the game! Once the new Nightlife compatible version of SimPE comes out, I'll check and do some more testing to see what's exactly changed.

DLDuncanHI: the changes made in makeover aren't stored in the seperate user files (for Uni and the base game that is, don't know for Nightlife), these changes are kept in the main neighbourhood file. You should be able to open their genetics in SimPE now by clicking a button (am not sure, typing off the top of my head), you have to change the genetics there. Lists for what is exactly what can be found on this site (a thread "Mysteries of Sim Dna reveiled" helped me a lot on writing this tutorial

If you haven't used plastic surgery your Sims only have one line. The line you change DOES NOT change its appearance, but what's inside is definetly different.

BUT, as I seem to have fallen behind a bit on the scene I cannot guarantee recent changes in SimPE (especially the new user interface) have altered some stuff. I'll look into it

This space intentionally left blank...
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Sep 2005 at 1:36 AM
ack.... Too many sims....:gonemad:

I tried this with my copy of Sims2 Nightlife and the newest version of SimPE (first nightlife friendly version, not fully nightlife campatible though) and it seems to have worked. I had two lines for a sim that had gone through plastic surgery and changed the file. I have not tried producing offspring afterwards yet though. Thank you very much for this info.

Unfortunatly, I have far too many sims that need this little DNA splice do try and get them all done at once. I will have to wait untill a couple is ready to reproduce and then fix their DNA if needed. It still beats trying to improve the gene pool over several generations through controlled breeding though... :twisted:
Instructor
#40 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 3:52 PM
Default One point to Remember, but a very good one to know...
If you have Sim parents with prominent and/or vastly differing facial features, you may want to consider turning off the Facial blend limits used by the game when creating the baby. This way instead of the game trying to blend dramatically different facial structures, which programming can only take so far, it will 'borrow' parts from each parent.

Even the most beautiful parents will have 'half-baked', ugly Sim children if their facial features can't be blended to an adequate degree.

The command for this can be entered in the Neighborhood view of the cheat window, sometime after conception and before the actual birth of the baby or prior to using CAS: faceBlendLimits off

Just a thought for those with pleasing asthetics high on their list for NL.

HeartDeco
Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 3:44 AM
Here's a question, is it possible to take the genetics of another sim and do the same thing? Basically giving the facial structure of Sim A to Sim B. Because the patient sims are too young they haven't had home plastic surgery, just Sim Surgey via SimPE; so, they don't have the second line. Any help would be appreciated.
Banned
#42 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 2:32 PM
Thanks! How did you find out about htis if I may ask? Just trial and error or...?
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 12:46 PM
People, if you have the latest version of the InSimenator, you can do surgery on your younger sims. Now, as of yet I have tested to see if you can changed the genetics in SimPE like you do adults but I will later one. Just wanted everyone to know that.

Let he who is without Sim, cast the first stone.
#44 Old 2nd Nov 2005 at 1:34 PM
Why don't I understand how I install it?? Please help me, I want to use simPE! (...)
Field Researcher
#45 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:12 AM
Where can I find SMIPE that can recolor, nightlife objects?
please post some link, because I cant find it under downloads at SimPE site...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#46 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 9:18 AM
I think you can only get SimPE at the SimPE site. SMIPE probably has its own site. Or are you thinking of CEP?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 3:33 PM
Thank you all for answering some of the people's questions. I am without my own internet connection for the moment so I'm not able to review this thread that much. Thanks for the understanding :D

This space intentionally left blank...
Field Researcher
#48 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 9:09 AM Last edited by amberandcarlos33 : 15th Nov 2005 at 9:20 AM.
I have exported a NPC Sim for surgery and have changed her look then saved her under Saved Sims. How do I import her in to SimPE in order to replace the original NPC with her face? Or am I going about this all wrong? Just curious. Actually all I really want to do is give my NPC's make-up. They are all pale and make-up-less. So if there is a way to do this, if anybody can be of assistance. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Amber

"Hold fast to dreams for dreams die. Life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly." ~ Langston Hughes. :banghead:
Field Researcher
#49 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 9:38 PM
Thank you for the tut! I will follow it as soon as I exit the game.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 18th Nov 2005 at 10:06 PM
Gracias! I will try that after I get my neighbourhood Browser to work. For some reason it won`t let me open a neighbourhood.

Rascal Flatts *heart*
Page 2 of 4