Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 11:33 PM
I have a bit of problem with this. I proformed plastic surgery on a sim (Tybalt Capp) to make his cheeks less shrunken in, and it turned out well (He really is good looking with a little help). I then followed this method and changed his genetics. However when he had a child her cheeks were HUGE, obviously because I had made his bigger with plastic surgery. Is there anyway to get around this? I just want good looking children!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mourning.glory
I have a bit of problem with this. I proformed plastic surgery on a sim (Tybalt Capp) to make his cheeks less shrunken in, and it turned out well (He really is good looking with a little help). I then followed this method and changed his genetics. However when he had a child her cheeks were HUGE, obviously because I had made his bigger with plastic surgery. Is there anyway to get around this? I just want good looking children!

Ehm, not really, but you can check if you've got FaceBlendLimits on or off (search the forum how to, it's just a cheat function). If it's off, then you're bound to get more extreme features in your children.

This space intentionally left blank...
Field Researcher
#53 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 1:54 AM
I have used this tutorial and the earlier version of it on probably about 100 of the Maxis-ugly sims in my game. I feel sooo much happier now I have learned to change their faces and make it genetic. My game feels like it is full of my own sims now, not full of sims I dislike and avoid.

I cannot thank you enough for teaching me how to do this and for making my game so much more fun and rewarding to play!
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Dec 2005 at 5:32 AM
I could use a similar method to have two sims get the same genetics, correct?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 25th Dec 2005 at 10:21 PM
I am also not getting two facial structure lines, just one =/
Test Subject
#56 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 8:17 PM
ok heres a good link...dont pass this up... its a tutorial on how to make cool zombie
in photoshop....i found it surfing for dawn of the ded pics.. its pretty good.. im scared

http://www.graphics.com/modules.php...ticle&artid=177
#57 Old 24th Feb 2006 at 10:22 AM
Any idea of how to change some of their other genetics, like their eye color?
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 2:19 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to say this, but what is the SimPE
Part-time Hermit
#59 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 6:27 AM
SimPE is a free tool for many different things. You can edit your sims, recolor or clone objects with it, and so on.
Test Subject
#60 Old 1st Apr 2006 at 12:43 PM
thanks so much
Test Subject
#61 Old 1st May 2006 at 10:39 AM
Thanks Nukael!!!

I have some question..
Can I efface extracted file after replaced and save??
Test Subject
#62 Old 18th May 2006 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Gesundheit : 18th May 2006 at 5:40 AM.
I can follow the tutorial just fine until the last step, saving changes. It says Warning: Changes Cannot Be Saved! This has happened before, on other things... what should I do?

[error]This is just a Warning. It is supposed to keep you informed about a Problem. Most of the time this is not a Bug!

"C:\Documents and Settings\Catherine1\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N007\Characters\N007_User00176.package" is write protected.[/error]
Test Subject
#63 Old 23rd May 2006 at 2:27 PM
You are... a legend. Absolute. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Test Subject
#64 Old 27th May 2006 at 2:58 AM
Default Thank you Thank you Thank you
Thank you!
Test Subject
#65 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 7:12 PM
can any 1 help me where can i find sim browser at
Part-time Hermit
#66 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by audio
can any 1 help me where can i find sim browser at

See the tutorial, and the second screenshot. It shows you where to find it.
Test Subject
#67 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 8:55 PM
[error]This is just a Warning. It is supposed to keep you informed about a Problem. Most of the time this is not a Bug!

"C:\Documents and Settings\Casey\MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004\Characters\N004_User00088.package" is write protected.[/error]

same thing as above post.
what do i do?
it was working fine the other day
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by caseysocrazy

"C:\Documents and Settings\Casey\MyDocuments\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004\Characters\N004_User00088.package" is write protected.[/error]

same thing as above post.
what do i do?
it was working fine the other day

Wow, a lot has happened since I've been gone. Sorry about that, but I'm back now, sort of.

I know this is a bit late, but the answer is that your files are set to "read-only" probably. To remedy this go to your "Characters" folder, (but DO NOT open it). Right click, and disable "read-only", click "apply". If this doesn't work, I'm not sure.
Check to see that only SimPE has access to that folder (is every other Sims programma closed? i.e. Sims Bodyshop...)

Happy Simming!

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 10:46 AM
I can't see the images in the first post in this thread.
Test Subject
#70 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 3:23 AM
Yeah, I can't either. The images appear to've been deleted, which makes it a bit harder for newbies to follow this tutorial. :/
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 8:16 AM Last edited by moshi_moshi_suttato : 9th Apr 2007 at 8:18 AM. Reason: a quick note.
thank you, thank you, thank you. I had one HELL of a time trying to fix my sim's genetics. (I was trying to package him to bodyshop as well so I could use him later.)

edit: yes, please do replace those pictures in the first post. I luckily understood the text enough to avoid doing something horribily wrong. owo;
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd May 2007 at 10:19 PM
Hi, this method has always worked for me.. till SEASONS.. i follow all the steps as i've always had...and everything seems normal...but when my modified sims has a kid...the kid has all the old features that the parent had... as if i hadn't modified with simpe... does anyone know what it can be?

Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 5:28 PM
im sorry tht this hasnt got enything to do with this...but wen i save downloads into my download file in the ea games sims 2 file it doesnt show up in bodyshop. can anybody help??

thnx X
Instructor
Original Poster
#74 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:12 PM
Default Screenshots
Hello hello, I'm working on getting back up to date with this tutorial. With screenshots and all.

Hang in there!

Instructor
Original Poster
#75 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 9:34 PM
Default Seasons compatibility
Quote: Originally posted by devil_lush
Hi, this method has always worked for me.. till SEASONS.. i follow all the steps as i've always had...and everything seems normal...but when my modified sims has a kid...the kid has all the old features that the parent had... as if i hadn't modified with simpe... does anyone know what it can be?

There is a bug apparently in SimPE or Seasons so that sometimes the extracted file is named the wrong way. Check my updated tutorial for a fix.

Page 3 of 4