Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14426 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 10:13 AM
You can try rerolling the wants but it will probably stick. I know its quite annoying since nearly every date gets that want and only about 1/4 of mine have any plans to go out and eat.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#14427 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Two questions:
2. Sometimes when using the batbox's Smite option, it turns the Sim crispy and burnt. Other times it doesn't. Any idea why?

It depends on the weather, if it has been a hail-storm or not.

Due to the coding there is a call to Weather - Object Being Hailed On? (StackObject ID) if that return false then it follows of Run Tree By Name ( CT - Do Lightning Strike).
Otherwise it checks for an object Controller - Climate if found it runs a Push Interaction which triggers a storm, if not it again Run Tree By Name ( CT - Do Lightning Strike).
( It is the Lightning Strike that burns and crisps the sim.)
Mad Poster
#14428 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
Is there a way to remove the want go out for dinner with the Sim they are having a date? I don't plan to make them dine out, never did in all my 10 years of Sims 2, and I probably never will.

If you date with the testingcheats on, you can fill the want by clicking on it. (Or is it right-clicking? I think just clicking.) Or you can send them to a place with a table and podium, ask to be seated, and then cancel the action as soon as the want fills (when the sim in question sits down), if time is the issue. And then the higher level late date wants will kick in.
You're missing some sweet interactions if you never let them eat out, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#14429 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Is there a way to organize the lot catalog? While adding some lots to my new hood, I notice that I have a few of the same lots, and my custom lots are mixed with Maxis lots. I can't tell which is what. I would clean out the Lot Catalog folder, but I don't want to lose my custom lots.

There is now.
You'll need the latest Bodyshape Organization Kit.zip (417.1 kB) for the icons and the latest LotCompressor.zip (113kb).
The LotCompressor goes into your SimPE folder and gets run from there (it requires SimPE .dlls), if you don't have SimPE then download Mootilda's original version and replace the executable.
When you run the LotCompressor on a lot in the lot catalogue it'll give you an option to set a Product ID, the Product ID will determine the display order and icon if available.
Mad Poster
#14430 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Type dxdiag into the start menu, press enter. It'll be listed under the Display tab.

Thanks Monijt1 and Bulbizarre! Everybody cross your fingers for me as I try to do this. We all know how good I am with technical stuff. But I want to get it moved to the new computer because I bought Sims 1 and want to use it on the computer that doesn't hit the net or have as much storage space.

Now, all together...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

[QUOTE=Bulbizarre]Two questions:

1. Is there a way to force a Sim to get a bad makeover? The reactions and crappy makeup are both pretty funny.

I modded bad ones out of my game, but IIRC, once you have achieved the bronze hobby level, you can select how you want the makeover to look. You get the same "change appearance" options you get when you go to the mirror. Try just picking the clown makeup one and, like the spiky or bald head. Use a weird color for the spiky hair, and see if that works.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Instructor
#14431 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:09 PM
I've had boolprop lotSkirtSizeIncrease set to 120 in my userstartup.cheat for a while now. I've been wondering if it would be possible to increase it even further, allowing me to see the whole neighbourhood at once.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Instructor
#14432 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:24 AM
So I want to build more floor-plans (levels - floors) whatever you call it. But I have reached the in-game limit. I once knew a trick for this without any cheat.. but I can't remember it!
The disadvantage of not playing for a while..

Help me out pls.
Lab Assistant
#14433 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:47 AM
Is it setHighestAllowedLevel ? Haven't used it in awhile, but I think this is it, you just add the highest number after the cheat.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14434 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:50 AM
The trick is to place a dormer on top, which is good enough if you only need one more level.
More info on the cheat. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Isn%27t_Working

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#14435 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:57 AM
@pannisim
Thanks but I already know the cheat-code - but not what I was looking for

@joandsarah77
Yeah a dormer it was! Thank you!
Instructor
#14436 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:14 AM
@joandsarah77
That's exactly the reason I want it out. It doesn't fit in short dates.

@Peni Griffin
That did it! Or the Ctrl+click did it.
I also tried the eating out, and liked it, so thanks for advising just to try it. But it's more for two Sims who aren't in a rush or for someone who doesn't want their spouse to find out about their date with someone else.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14437 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:17 AM
I tend to only eat out when a couple are already at a high level because it's easy to lengthen the date long enough for a leisurely dinner. If the relationship is new, waiting around and eating uses up too much of the silly date time. I wish there was no timer at all.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14438 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:30 AM
There is a mod that can make dates last longer (or shorter, depending on which file you use). I haven't tried this one myself.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345125
Top Secret Researcher
#14439 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There is a mod that can make dates last longer (or shorter, depending on which file you use). I haven't tried this one myself.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=345125

I use the Longer Dates one, works well for me. I don't usually have my Sims eat out though.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#14440 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:53 PM
Is anyone else using the UC and UC Inteen having trouble with sims made as adults-either premades or CAS-with their biological clocks spawned and in inventory being told they can't get a job due to poor grades? Can be fixed by aging down to teens and back to adults or by going into SimPE and manually setting their grades.

Is it Inteen or is it my mods, in other words?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#14441 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:26 PM
I ask on here as I only wanted rough/quick opinions:

Out of the options Acer AMD A-10 9600 R5 and Intel I7-3820, but other specs very similar, which processor seems generally better for gaming?

My friend are willing to give his old Intel i7 to me,but unless its a BIT better, Im not sure if I would need it, as its much a older type processor. But I also heard i7 are more superior in general but 3820 sounds like an old one.
Field Researcher
#14442 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Is anyone else using the UC and UC Inteen having trouble with sims made as adults-either premades or CAS-with their biological clocks spawned and in inventory being told they can't get a job due to poor grades? Can be fixed by aging down to teens and back to adults or by going into SimPE and manually setting their grades.

Is it Inteen or is it my mods, in other words?

I don't use InTeen myself... I do remember it being unsupported nowadays tho... so I'm not sure how much help there's possible to get.
Undead Molten Llama
#14443 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina

Out of the options Acer AMD A-10 9600 R5 and Intel I7-3820, but other specs very similar, which processor seems generally better for gaming?

My friend are willing to give his old Intel i7 to me,but unless its a BIT better, Im not sure if I would need it, as its much a older type processor. But I also heard i7 are more superior in general but 3820 sounds like an old one.

I don't know specifically. However, just for TS2 purposes, older processors (as in, NOT multicore) are actually better, as TS2 doesn't understand how to use multiple cores. The newer multicore processors can actually slow down the game. My Simming machine deliberately has a 3.2GHz Core2Duo processor -- the oldest I could find but still decently-fast, and which was cutting-edge when the game was first produced -- because all I do on this machine is do Sims-related things (playing the game, creating stuff, etc.) and dink around on the internet. For computing in general and for newer games and such, newer-with-more-cores is obviously better, but for TS2 specifically? Not so much, really.

@Sunbee There is now a version of Inteen at its download site on Simbology that says specifically that it's for UC. I don't know if the mod itself is actually updated, though. The install instructions are. (I know this from trying to help someone on another thread ) Whatever the case, it's worth a shot. I don't have the UC, so I can't really help you otherwise.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Undead Molten Llama
#14444 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:26 PM
Double-posting because I has a stupid question and don't want to muddy the waters and tack it onto my reply above.

Other than using two Myne doors on a room, is there a way to make more than one DORMIE be assigned to a dorm room? I know there's this mod that adds "keys" to Myne doors, but I'm A) I'm not sure if it'll still work with all EPs (tho I suspect it will), but more importantly B) I'm pretty sure that'll only affect playables, as in it allows you to assign more than one playable to a room. I would like for more than one dormie to be assigned to a room. In other words, I want to build a 5-bedroom dorm with room for two beds in each room but have a playable or two plus 8 or 9 other dormies show up to live in it. I suspect this isn't possible, but it'd be nice....

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#14445 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina

I have an Intel i7 - 3840QM at 2.8Ghz running UC on a laptop with Windows 7 64bit, 16GB ram. It handles it well, but the 3820 is even a bit faster. It's a lot faster than the AMD you mention. I do think the video card, ram, and OS are also important.
Mad Poster
#14446 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:01 PM
iCad, thanks, but I have that Inteen--that's the problem version. With the old one, spawning the bio-clock made the adults employable. However, teen pregnancies didn't stick past the first hour with the old version with UC, so it's . . . hmm, not Hobson's Choice, but some sort of dilemma.

Which is why I asked before troubleshooting if anyone else using it had the same issue, because if it's inherent to Inteen, then there's no point in doing a 50/50. Born in game (or created younger than adult) no problem . . . well, I haven't actually had anyone graduate college who wasn't born in game so I can't say for sure it won't affect young adults, I guess.

Time to create a testing AGS with no other mods. After munchkin bedtime, that is.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#14447 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:32 AM
Is there an upper limit on the resolution it's possible to play TS2 with? Looking at monitors and wondering if, since Sims games are the most graphically intensive task I expect to use them for, it'd be worth even looking at 4K monitors, or if 1080p is gonna be plenty.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#14448 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Other than using two Myne doors on a room, is there a way to make more than one DORMIE be assigned to a dorm room? I know there's this mod that adds "keys" to Myne doors, but I'm A) I'm not sure if it'll still work with all EPs (tho I suspect it will), but more importantly B) I'm pretty sure that'll only affect playables, as in it allows you to assign more than one playable to a room. I would like for more than one dormie to be assigned to a room. In other words, I want to build a 5-bedroom dorm with room for two beds in each room but have a playable or two plus 8 or 9 other dormies show up to live in it. I suspect this isn't possible, but it'd be nice....

Maybe adding two doors per dormroom? Not ideal, obviously, but it might do the job. Er....that's the only solution I can think of other than trying the key thing. Maybe try that out in a test hood
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14449 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:05 PM
Two Myne doors work, I have that on one of my dorms for couples.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14450 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:20 PM
Looking at the downloads on Affinity Sims, does anyone know if the ones I list below produce custom NPCs like the chickens? I had the chickens. Enjoyed the chickens,except that I also have a couple of naughty mods. At least one of them had a strange relationship with the chickens. My chickens had male appendages and some interesting woohoo menu options, which, of course, corrupted a few hoods (not the mod alone, I'm sure ... many people have used the chickens download with no problems. It was the combo of chickens + naughty mod*.) I may like frisky Sims, but there are some areas where I will not venture, thank you very much!

Anyway, it seems the owl on that site doesn't seem to have the same problem. The owl hoots and turns its head. Period. It does not seem to create a custom NPC like the chickens. I have used the owl for years, and checked on Hoodchecker. No custom NPC. No harm. No foul.

Are these animals of the same sort ... NO custom NPCs?

Animated Swan with Custom Sound
Animated Condor
Animated Canadian Goose with Custom Sound
Animated Mallard with Custom Sound

*When I write that I have found odd ways to corrupt hoods, I can assure you that I am NOT kidding!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 578 of 1347