3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#18351 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Can visiting kids (brought home from school, or else) use the activity table ?
I know your child cannot ask them to join, but can they use it...in an un-modded game.

Quoting myself, I got no answers, but I think I found it. No. The game's Activity Table does not let visiting children to use it.
I made a few tests in my current 'Hood, and some more testing tonight in my Test 'Hood.
I needed to know as I made my own activity tables, and I edited TTAB. After that, I noticed that kids brought back from school would go straight to the table and use it. I had never seen that before.
I could not test if it was the same for visiting toddlers, because..they cannot visit! (I don't cheat in my current/main 'Hood)

So I went in my test 'Hood, and teleported a toddler from another household, and his big sister(child)
Having my table on the lot, they both went straight to it. I was happy. See pic 1.
It was funny though..later, when I saw no parent would come get them, I asked them to leave. (click on the child and ask to leave everyone)
She left, and her little bro too...seeing a toddler leaving the lot alone was cute. (pic 2)

Waited for the next morning, I put my table in the mom's inventory, and place the Maxis table instead...
Then I re-teleported the same two neighbors.
Besides the activity table and the pool, there is nothing else interesting for kids there. So, the visiting toddler went to *huggles* his new friends, one by one, and the big sister went for a swim.
(pic 3-4-5)
I sent both my toddlers to the Maxis table, hoping this might encourage the visitors to use it too...but as you can see, toddler neighbor just stood there with nothing to do.
(pic 6)
Time to bring back my edited table...
It didn't take long, before toddler friend went to it! (pic 7-8)
Since it is so much better with fwiends, I sent both my toddlers to that one, too. (pic 9)
The pool is very attractive, so to be sure, I made the mom interact with her, so she gets out of the pool.
Not long after, the visiting child was back at my table! (pic 10-11)

Edits are simple. In TTAB, add checks to visitor and joinable?, for everything except Clean up and Scrap. (pic 12)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#18352 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 3:49 AM
Is creating a new nh with Any game Starter the same as using Jawasa's empty templates? I do not want to play any maxis premades at all, and want to play a custom made hood with all new sims. If they are not could someone explain the difference ? Being away for awhile, and starting all over is rough.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18353 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:13 AM
@Rosebine You can always make them selectable and tell them to use it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#18354 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Rosebine You can always make them selectable and tell them to use it.

I guess, but it's way simpler this way. You edit once, and it is out of the way I much prefer autonomous actions, too.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#18355 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
I interpreted the mod notes differently. This is how I interpreted it.
"Teens and Young Adults can ONLY be experimented on, if Inteen is installed"
I read it that way because of how Inteen treats teen pregnancy - it makes them pseudo-adults for the term of their pregnancy - so this mod won't change teens/YA to be pregnant if Inteen is installed just to avoid having to make the odd changes that Inteen does. My thinking is that without Inteen installed, all aspects of the abduction should work for teens and young adult Sims including pregnancy. So the answer to your question would still be yes, in my opinion.

I don't think so. I think it means that BO has set it up to work with Inteen, so YAs and teens can be impregnated ONLY if you have Inteen. Otherwise, there is no support for teen/YA pregnancy, so it wouldn't work. I'm guessing that it won't work with any other teen pregnancy mods, because it was specifically set up to work with Inteen.
Mad Poster
#18356 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Is creating a new nh with Any game Starter the same as using Jawasa's empty templates? I do not want to play any maxis premades at all, and want to play a custom made hood with all new sims. If they are not could someone explain the difference ? Being away for awhile, and starting all over is rough.

Not quite, but the differences only matter in certain situations. If you're making a neighborhood you intend to turn into a subhood template (for example, a vacation hood you can attach to more than one hood), this is only possible if the neighborhood stands alone, so you want a method that doesn't attach stealth hoods. For most personal uses, which ever method is more convenient and intuitive for you will work.
If your computer setup is one that accommodates AGS without a lot of jumping through hoops, it is far and away the easiest way to make an empty starting environment. You just plug in AGS, tell it to create an empty environment, and there you are - as long as you aren't playing with Freetime, in which case you will still have to suppress the stealth template with the hobby leaders.

If you can't use AGS easily, you can prevent any and all premades by tracking down each of the neighborhood templates in the program files and renaming them, which prevents them from attaching themselves to a new hood; or by moving them elsewhere (we don't recommend deleting them entirely, as no one can predict the future. You may actually want to use the Ottomai once someday, unimaginable as it seems now) and putting Jawusa's templates in their place. The advantage of suppressing the templates entirely is, that you have no extra, invisible subhoods following the neighborhood around. The advantage of replacing the stealth hoods is, that the game will never try to add those stealth hoods again, because you already have a P001 or whatever.

Say, for example, that you have created the empty neighborhood X001 in AGS or by renaming the stealth hoods. After playing it for awhile, an unaccountable urge (brought about by reading somebody's tumblr, perhaps) to play a neighborhood with the Ottomas family in it. So you rename the Seasons stealth hood back to its original form and make X002. If you pop in to X001 during the same game session, you are shocked and surprised to find yourself waiting while the Seasons stealth hood loads, and when you arrive in the hood, the Ottomas family are sitting in the family bin, where you do not want them. If, however, you had made your original empty environment with Jawusa's stealth templates, the game would have seen no reason to attach the newly-available stealth hood, because X001 already has that stealth hood attached. The game doesn't know it's an empty template, it just knows it's there.

This, by the way, is why you back up your saved games, or possibly your entire folder, before making any major changes to your set-up or to an individual hood. If you have a backup of X001 from immediately before re-enabling the stealth hood, all you have to do is delete the neighborhood that got stuck with the Ottomai, and restore your backup that doesn't have them. Step one in any project is: Make a backup Copy!

Think of it like a government form. It has one main part, and lots and lots and lots of places to attach supplementary forms. If you don't need a supplementary form, you can either attach an empty copy of with NA stamped on it, or you can leave it off. Attaching an NA copy wastes paper, but guarantees no bureaucrat will come back and ask you for it. Leaving it off allows you to fit the form into the attached return envelope without having to tape the whole bulging mess shut and pay extra postage. So which you do depends on your preferences and circumstances.

Still confused? Don't feel alone; this is the kind of thing that's easier to see than to envision. Just post again pointing to the part that makes your head spin, and somebody will rephrase it in a way you may grasp better.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#18357 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 4:59 PM
How many simmers have inteen? It's interesting but it seems like it conflicts with everything.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Instructor
#18358 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
How many simmers have inteen? It's interesting but it seems like it conflicts with everything.

I am not using it
Scholar
#18359 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 5:37 PM

I have it and have no problems with it, except for sometimes needing to spawn a Sim's biological clock so the game recognizes their age properly (takes about three seconds, in-game, so really a non-issue once you know about it). Then again, I don't have a whole lot else for it to conflict with; my entire downloads folder is less than 500 Mb.
Theorist
#18360 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 6:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
I am not using it

I don't have it either

I don't have inteen, I don't have ACR, I don't have community lot time.

The most elaborate mods I have are probably the Romance Mod and Inge's configurable aging mod

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#18361 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:07 PM
I used to have Inteen and CLT, but prefer a simpler game. Inteen, if you read the directions and have the right flavor (for the EP's you have) it's all right. I just don't like the idea of teen girls getting pregnant when their lives are ahead of them.
CLT I'd love to have but it's at the disadvantage of not having the Visitor Controller in the same game. They do not get along at all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#18362 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:19 PM
No - as far as Inteen is concerned. It was tried and tested in my game and failed according to my standards.

Community Lot Time - No - the days are too short already in sim world. Without CLT, I can get 3 - 4 days into a Sim day

ACR - I do have and find it a lot of fun. I have fiddled with the settings over time and it is perfect for my game right now (of course, I can always change those settings again too)!
Top Secret Researcher
#18363 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:29 PM
I'm thinking about trying inteen because it would suit very well in my medieval hood. Would make it more historically accurate. (And less waiting time for the next generation )
But I'm afraid it will screw things up as far as compatibility with other hacks O_O
Are there any permanent changes or can you just pluck it in and out as you please? In that case I could just have it in my medieval folder that I take out whenever I'm not playing medieval stuff.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Inventor
#18364 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 8:30 PM
I decided against InTeen for a couple of reasons, myself. One was how many other mods it did or could potentially conflict with. That's more hassle than I wanted to deal with. The second was that I would actually have to add more bits to remove certain features, which didn't seem intuitive to me. I didn't want to bloat with extra code to have less options. The third reason was ACR could do basically everything I wanted, anyway. If I want teen/young adult pregnancy, I believe I just need alternate pregnancy controllers and ACR will handle the fertility and other such stuff. My teens already woohoo, they just don't get pregnant (or actually roll woohoo wants but that's because I can't seem to make sense of what files I need for that).
Lab Assistant
#18365 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
How many Subhoods have you guys ever had attached to your hoods, excluding Downtowns? I'm probably going to be an idiot and have all the original maxis hoods (Veronaville, Strangetown, Pleasantview, Desiderata Valley and so on), Sedona, Mountainside Valley, Bitville and Four Corners attached to my Belladonna Cove. Has anyone ever had this many Subhoods or is there a limit? It will probably explode a lot faster, too. I just like having a lot of Sims to play with and merge together.

I've had about 30 subhoods attached to a megahood (plus 1 downtown, 3 vacation locations, all stealth hoods, no university hoods) with almost 3000 sims and I didn't have any problems playing in that neighborhood with an entry level gaming notebook with many mods, but hardly any other CC. Thus, if there is a limit, it should be high enough that you won't run into it. (The megahood still exists and is playable, but I recently got a new notebook and the megahood still is on an external harddrive.)

The only thing that I've noticed was that the order of the subhoods is not chronological anymore when you have very many subhoods. The first couple of subhoods are added at on the right, but at some point the game shows the newest subhoods on the left (e.g. G, F, E, A, B, C, D). However, this is purely cosmetic and never has affected the playability.
Field Researcher
#18366 Old 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:46 PM
@FranH Assuming you mean Community Lot Time with CLT, I would be really curious to know why you think that it isn't compatible with the Visitor Controller? I've been using both simultaneously in my game for years and do not have noticed any problems with either mod. Am I missing something here? XD

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Scholar
#18367 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ralna
I've had about 30 subhoods attached to a megahood (plus 1 downtown, 3 vacation locations, all stealth hoods, no university hoods) with almost 3000 sims and I didn't have any problems playing in that neighborhood with an entry level gaming notebook with many mods, but hardly any other CC. Thus, if there is a limit, it should be high enough that you won't run into it. (The megahood still exists and is playable, but I recently got a new notebook and the megahood still is on an external harddrive.)

The only thing that I've noticed was that the order of the subhoods is not chronological anymore when you have very many subhoods. The first couple of subhoods are added at on the right, but at some point the game shows the newest subhoods on the left (e.g. G, F, E, A, B, C, D). However, this is purely cosmetic and never has affected the playability.

Awesome! Glad to know I can have many Subhoods as I want. I'm excited to start over with my Uber-Uberhood, haha. Thank you! :D
Alchemist
#18368 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:28 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 4th Apr 2019 at 11:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I don't have it either

I don't have inteen, I don't have ACR, I don't have community lot time.

The most elaborate mods I have are probably the Romance Mod and Inge's configurable aging mod

I don't use inTeen or ACR either. I accomplish as much as I need to in those areas with by occasionally turning a teen into an "independent teen" to get pregnant and nojealousyatall so that sims autonomously form lots of relationships.

I never used inTeen. I typically won't install mods that have a lot of conflicts. Too much work. Making a sim an independent teen with InSim has worked for years without issues. I've tried ACR twice, but just don't care for it.
Mad Poster
#18369 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 12:50 AM
Everyone and their dog used Inteen when I first got on this board, in 2010, and I presume that was the commonest way to have teen pregnancy back when that hack was first released. Fashions in mods have changed a bit.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#18370 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Everyone and their dog used Inteen when I first got on this board, in 2010, and I presume that was the commonest way to have teen pregnancy back when that hack was first released. Fashions in mods have changed a bit.

My dog's not allowed to use inteen. I don't want him gettin pregnant he's only 5yrs old :P

I use inteen and have since I first started playin ....uhhh.. how long have I played... err anyways. I know there are other, newer mods, but this ole funky brain of mine likes to stay with what it knows.

There have been a few various mods that sounded intriguing and I'd of liked to have tried, but tryin to get my mind to understand what it was that was bein said that I had to do to implement it always resulted in failure.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18371 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 1:40 AM
I don't use ACR or Inteen, but by golly, I will clutch onto Community Lot time. I also use the visitor controller with CLT no problems.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#18372 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 3:00 AM
Thank you for this terrific explanation, for the most part it makes sense, the only thing that got me, was this below. So how would you keep the AgS game from ever getting them ? I think I am confused on game session. Also, when you rename what is the best way? I have been down the Jawusa replacing road , and then changing my mind and then wanting empty, so I guess I was looking for the easiest way of having the best of both ways. ☺

Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
So you rename the Seasons stealth hood to its original form and make X002. If you pop in to X001 during the same game session, you are shocked and surprised to find yourself waiting while the Seasons stealth hood loads, and when you arrive in the hood, the Ottomas family are sitting in the family bin, where you do not want them.

Still confused? Don't feel alone; this is the kind of thing that's easier to see than to envision. Just post again pointing to the part that makes your head spin, and somebody will rephrase it in a way you may grasp better.
Forum Resident
#18373 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 5:57 AM
I'm thinking about trying inteen because it would suit very well in my medieval hood. Would make it more historically accurate. (And less waiting time for the next generation )
But I'm afraid it will screw things up as far as compatibility with other hacks O_O
Are there any permanent changes or can you just pluck it in and out as you please? In that case I could just have it in my medieval folder that I take out whenever I'm not playing medieval stuff.

I use InTeen (installed for eons) with Romantic Standards (recently installed but so far they are playing nice together); no ACR.

My understanding is that you can remove InTeen without issues as long as you don't currently have a teen pregnancy in progress as it temporarily changes pregnant teens into a pseudo-adult state for the duration of their pregnancy. If you swapped it in and out for your Medieval hood, you'd need to be careful not to forget to put it back in for that hood if there were teen pregnancies underway.

I particularly like the Silent Pregnancy, Risky Runaway, Risky Sneakout and Risky Honeymoon Flavor Packs of Inteen as well as the ability to enable Birth Control for Teen-Adult through their Biological Clocks. I do wish InTeen's BirthControl failure was a bit higher though, it hasn't failed yet. There's nothing like unexpected pregnancies to create drama.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#18374 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CoffeenSimming
Thank you for this terrific explanation, for the most part it makes sense, the only thing that got me, was this below. So how would you keep the AgS game from ever getting them ? I think I am confused on game session. Also, when you rename what is the best way? I have been down the Jawusa replacing road , and then changing my mind and then wanting empty, so I guess I was looking for the easiest way of having the best of both ways. ☺

By "game session" I generally mean "block of time you have the game loaded." If you open X001 while the stealth hood is available to be loaded, it'll get loaded. If you enable the stealth hood, create X002, close the game, and disable the stealth hood again, it will no longer try to load.

Any new names you give the neighborhood template folders is good if you can recognize it, and the game can't. Even adding a single character should fool the program. The question is, will you recognize it? And will you be able to rename it back to functionality if you want to. I believe the usual approach is just to add NO or something equally unambiguous to the name of the file. Then if you want to re-enable it, all you have to do is erase the NO and you're good to go.

As for AGS without suppressed stealth hoods - you can just keep playing the hood in AGS. If you're using it to develop a hood for sharing or turning into a subhood for personal use, in particular, you should do all your development and playtesting in AGS. People who download the hood will be able to make their own decisions about the kind of environment they want to play it in; and if you're making a subhood template for personal use, you'll put it straight into the program files for the relevant EP and never have it in your full game until you add it to a hood.

One thing I forgot to mention - if you make an empty neighborhood, but do not have No Townie Respawn in your downloads folder, the game will start generating new NPCs and townies as fast as it can. This is fine if you want new ones but don't care about making your own, but if you want to personally create all the sims in your hood, you'll need to suppress spawning during play as well as the stealth hoods during creation.

Mad Poster
#18375 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 8:27 AM
Personally, I just found using Inteen too depressing. Apart from teens falling pregnant, adults have miscarriages as well, and that is followed by depression, and playing with a bunch of sims all in red just was not fun anymore.

I'd rather play with all my twins - and find them a lot more challenging too.
Page 735 of 1345