Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Parenthood Hamper

by Athena Apollos Posted 25th Jan 2018 at 3:45 PM - Updated 29th Sep 2021 at 7:41 PM by Athena Apollos : Both versions work with 1.80

55 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jamee
The same thing happened to mine too. I got the same message as the other person. I have updated all mods I have and have all the games and stuff packs. I removed the mod and the game ran fine. Not sure what happened. I hope it gets fixed because I would love to use this hamper in my game.

I'm not sure what happened, either. I have this in my game and my game works fine. Did you receive a LastException.txt file??? If you did, please post a link to your error file here so I can take a look at it. Also, which version did you try??? Have you tried running your game with just my hamper??
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
There was no last exception notice because the game wouldn't open. I had put in some new CC at the same time but I removed them too. In fact I had removed them before I removed the laundry hamper, because they were in folder I had designated for new mods, and I had dropped the laundry hamper into the folder named "furniture."

I had also added the functional cake platter at the same time and 2 of Neia's career mods and a mod to prevent the autonomous putting away of toys. Those I also removed, and removing those did not open the game until I took out the laundry hamper.

These are the other mods in my game: No Mosaic, No highlights for selected objects, janitors on community lots, "don't wash dishes where you angry poop," the functional cotton candy machine, and cupcakes in a regular oven. Those are in their own folder of game mods and I have MC Command center not buried in a separate folder because it seems to work best not buried. All are updated to the best of my knowledge. My other CC consists of new meshes for clothes and furniture and recolors of clothes and furniture.

I did not try to run the game with all CC removed except for the hamper, because to honest, I never thought of it, since I was relieved that I didn't have to reinstall and start over. I don't know if this information helps you. Making the hamper functional was a great idea, so thank you.

I'm wondering if my hamper is conflicting with one of your other mods. Please try running your game with only my mod and MCCC. Also, which version of the hamper did you download???
Field Researcher
#28 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
I'm wondering if my hamper is conflicting with one of your other mods. Please try running your game with only my mod and MCCC. Also, which version of the hamper did you download???

I had downloaded the default replacement, and removed all mods except for MCCommand and still received a pop up screen instead of any game opening as before.

The popup screen started with a red x. Unable to start
Cannot start because the below file appears to be corrupted.
If this file is a mod please remove it and try again. If not,
please repair or reinstall the game via Origin.
C:\Users\Kathleen\Documents\electronicArts\TheSims4\Mods\quarantine\_MACOSX\,_AA_Functional_PH_LaundryBasket_DO.package
[60c399f9:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]
Ended with an "OK" option at the bottom.

Not sure if this helps you and I apologize for being a bother.
Test Subject
#29 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:42 AM
I took all mods out except the default hamper mod and still have the same error. It can't be any other mods but that one. Game is up to date with all the stuff packs. Hope that helps.
Instructor
#30 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 3:47 AM
I originally had the same "cannot start"error and Like @ksstrek I removed the Folder "__MACOSX" with the file "._AA_Functional_PH_LaundryBasket_DO" and that worked....NOTE the file starts with a "dot" I wonder if that's the issue?

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimJymm
I originally had the same "cannot start"error and Like @ksstrek I removed the Folder "__MACOSX" with the file "._AA_Functional_PH_LaundryBasket_DO" and that worked....NOTE the file starts with a "dot" I wonder if that's the issue?

Same mistake up. Can you help?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Athena Apollos : 1st Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Cidsan
Same mistake up. Can you help?

For everyone receiving the Cannot Start Error: Take out the MACOSX file. I created this mod on a Mac and for some reason that file is included. I have updated the download documentation and the post text. Thanks to all who pointed this out to me!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:19 AM
I just added the file and left out the folder and it worked. Thank you so much for fixing it. I really like having this hamper in my game as well as some of your other mods.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jamee
I just added the file and left out the folder and it worked. Thank you so much for fixing it. I really like having this hamper in my game as well as some of your other mods.

Awesome!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:31 PM
Good to know. Looking forward to trying it again.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
For everyone receiving the Cannot Start Error: Take out the MACOSX file. I created this mod on a Mac and for some reason that file is included. I have updated the download documentation and the post text. Thanks to all who pointed this out to me!!!

Thank you, wonderful, it's working.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2018 at 3:55 AM
Working great now. :-)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#38 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 6:03 AM
Read the responses about removing the mac file and/or folder. Thanks for this mod! Thanks also for letting us know once you figured it out that it was due to you being on a mac and it creates a mac file. Not everyone goes into detail. I appreciate you adding the details. I'm going to see if you have, since the last post, offered the mod with the file removed (if you knew a way to remove it). Otherwise, I'll remove it as mentioned. I'm not worried about that, I'm just really happy to have this mod.

*cheers!*

xts
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 8:31 AM
You a hero :o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:47 AM
@XTS - So far, I have not figured out a way to remove the file from the zip. If anyone posts a way for me to do that, then I will fix the file and re-upload it.

@Kolikokoli - Thank you!!! *Blushes*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:05 AM
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 3:56 PM
Was Hoping someone could do this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 1:38 PM
Thanks I love it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 10th May 2018 at 7:17 PM
Oh wow! I was hoping someone would make this functional! Awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:17 PM
I love this mod! Does it work with this latest update though?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catagast
I love this mod! Does it work with this latest update though?

Yes!!! This laundry hamper DOES work with the latest patch 1.47.51.1X20!!!
Forum Resident
#47 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Starry Might : 14th Jun 2019 at 3:07 AM.
I just downloaded this because I bought Parenthood, but I don't see a MACOSX file in the one I downloaded (which leaves the original decorative one intact). Am I good?

UPDATE: Yep, I'm good, I'm using it with no such issues. Thanks for doing this!

~*~ Star light, star bright, I am Starry Might! ~*~
Forum Resident
#48 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 6:37 PM
Does this still work with the Island Living pre-patch?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 19th Jun 2019 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Starry Might
Does this still work with the Island Living pre-patch?

I have not updated my game yet and my testers have not yet reported back to me. I will update the main part of the mod post once I receive word from my testers that this mod still works.

I run a Discord server dedicated to assisting Mac Simmers. Come join me here: https://discord.gg/6sjegZD

"It wasn't long ago that I was just like you." -- "Emenius Sleepus" by Michael Ryan Pritchard
Forum Resident
#50 Old 25th Jun 2019 at 1:32 AM
I have not updated my game yet and my testers have not yet reported back to me. I will update the main part of the mod post once I receive word from my testers that this mod still works.

Okay, gotcha. Looking forward to that.

Page 2 of 3