Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 2:42 AM Last edited by alexpilgrim : 15th Dec 2012 at 3:13 AM.
Default Monte Vista city wall problem(s)
I feel like I'm being super annoying asking so many questions, but I just got back to creating worlds in CAW and I'm a bit hyper, so please bear with me...

Has anybody tried to use the Monte Vista big city wall? I keep having trouble with it, and I'm really bugged because it's so pretty and I wanted to make a small island with a walled city (MV is lovely but too big for me to play). First of all it disappears when I reload my world in CAW, the "box" is still there but the object becomes invisible. If I move it to a different position it shows up, but I can't put it back in position using the pullers, and if I do using the x-y-z parameters it vanishes again. Obviously my first thought was the road under the main gate, but EA's world has one too and it works for them, but it's true that when I move the gate sideways (so the gate is not over the road) it shows up again... I also added a sidewalk path under one of the side gates, so maybe? Otherwise it's not overlapping anything else, although there are lots inside the wall (because it's a walled city, right?). Same thing when I test it in game, the wall is there in the beginning but vanishes after a while... (even with draw distance set on high and hiding objects disabled)

A second weirdish thing is that when I export my world it includes the whole MV world (including all the CC), so that even a small world end up weighing like 100+ MB. Not a big issue because I just need to unpack it, locate my actual world and place it the "world" folder, but still it's strange...
Screenshots

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th Dec 2012 at 9:40 PM
I tried testing the wall with a new, empty world last night, but when I went into EIG, I crashed to desktop several times. I did not have time to test if it crashed without the object, but I will tonight when I get back to my pc.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:31 PM
I know the problem. Had the same issue. When you place a lot on the x z y line of the wall. The wall dissapear