Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:09 AM
Default Childs Homework
Hi, can anyone please help. I have adopted a child in TS4 and she is school age and needs to do homework. The game says it is in her personal inventory but it is not there. Am I doing something wrong? Please help as I cannot fulfil her needs without it.

Many thanks

Cath
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:58 AM
If it isn't already in the personal inventory, you can buy it from the bookcases for 1 simolian, after that it should be in the person who ordered the book inventory, just drag it out of the adults onto a table or the floor then put it in the child inventory

The Whitmore Legacy ~ First Random legacy
The Burris Legacy - Second Random Legacy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kerantli
If it isn't already in the personal inventory, you can buy it from the bookcases for 1 simolian, after that it should be in the person who ordered the book inventory, just drag it out of the adults onto a table or the floor then put it in the child inventory

Thank you so very kindly. I will try that now. Much appreciated for the help
Cath
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ModCat
Thank you so very kindly. I will try that now. Much appreciated for the help
Cath

Hi again, sorry to be pain. I tried what u said and that worked but I cannot get the child to do the homework. I put the homework in the childs inventory and then on the desk and on the floor but it will not let me click on it to 'do homework' all it keeps doing is bringing up that white hand thingy to move the homework. She cannot actually do it. Please help it is doing my head in now.

Thanks Cath
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
I think children and teens can only do homework once a day, at least is what happens in my game. Maybe that's the problem in your game and the option will be available again once the child go to school again.

Thank you for your reply.
I have tried clicking on the homework everyday for a week and it is still not letting me do it. It's so frustrating because I need to do homework for one of her tasks.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:44 PM
This happened to me once... I stole a homework book from another kid and it worked for me (move them into your house from world management.. steal their book.. move them out again.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
This happened to me once... I stole a homework book from another kid and it worked for me (move them into your house from world management.. steal their book.. move them out again.)

Thank you I will try that now. I am getting notifications from Social Services saying if her grades don't go up she will be taken away :-/
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 8:55 AM
Make sure you buy the right homework there are different books for child and teen. Unless you child is a prodigy they won't be able to do the teen homework!
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 1:32 PM
Hi, this was happening to me, my kid was not getting a homework book. I actually found that my kid left it out after completing her homework I found it on the dining table. I just told her to put it into inventory. Each day after completing her homework I had to tell her to put her book away. It was most annoying. Once her grade went up to a B the homework book started going back into the inventory.
Have a good look around your house on all the tables. If your child is a teen then the book will be Blue if they are a child it will be yellow.

I hope this helps you....