Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 9 (Who?), Viewed: 1754 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 6:33 AM Last edited by Lyralei : 8th Apr 2018 at 1:59 PM. Reason: Fixed category
Default Sims Can't Clean Their Dishes Anymore
This is has been happening since March-ish I believe, but for some reason the game will not let my Sim use her dishwasher. She'll finish her meal and I click on her dishes to instruct her to clean them, but the option to Clean Up for dishes is greyed out, saying that there's "no dishwasher or sink available", which makes no sense because both her dishwasher and her sink are three feet away. When I try clicking the dishwasher to have her load it that way, it's also greyed out as says there's no dishes to clean. I am able to drag and drop the dishes to the dishwasher/sink and it works (I can tell because the dishwasher's light then goes on and makes it washing noise), but I cannot get my Sim is pick up her own dishes and load it into the dishwasher or wash them in the sink herself. I can get her to do other actions with the sink and other sinks in the hosue (brushing her teeth, washing her hands, getting water, etc), but I can't her to wash the dishes.

I've tried selling and rebuying the dishwasher and sink (even tested it out with different dishwashers/sinks), moving things around, placing the dishwasher literally right beside the table where my Sim eats, rearranging the kitchen and dinning area, making sure their were no cupboards or windows above the dishwasher (I read somewhere that sometimes that can cause problems?), not having them placed inside counters, clearing out my cache, repairing the game through Origin, and I tried downloading this mod to see if that would fix the issue. Nothing I've done has fixed this problem.

This is driving me bonkers, I don't understand why this is happening with my Sim.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 12:13 PM
... wait, sims currently can't automatically clean their dishes allowing me to manually drag them into the nanotrash? If only I still played I'd be happy about this. I hope this never gets fixed. meal time was a nightmare when everyone tried to wash dishes at once.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 1:55 PM
I have this too, but I noticed, that your sim can clean up these dishes when they get up from the table (so they'll stand) and then option to clean dishes is available.
Theorist
#4 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 1:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhaeyn
I have this too, but I noticed, that your sim can clean up these dishes when they get up from the table (so they'll stand) and then option to clean dishes is available.

Anything that stops my family of 9 from all scattering across the house in a mad rush towards every single sink, then complaining in a tantrum that none are available for the next 5 fucking minutes every time they finish a goddamn family meal is a blessing.
LeaderOfTheMantisShrimps
staff: administrator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 1:59 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 7:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
... wait, sims currently can't automatically clean their dishes allowing me to manually drag them into the nanotrash? If only I still played I'd be happy about this. I hope this never gets fixed. meal time was a nightmare when everyone tried to wash dishes at once.

I prefer having my Sims do their own dishes automatically because that means I don't have to do anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 7:25 PM
Update: I went to my other households and saves to see if the problem persisted with them, but all my other households are perfectly capable of loading their own dishes in the dishwasher and the cleanup action isn't greyed out for them. So for some reason, this one household of mine is the only one with this problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 11:51 PM
Update: Okay I don't know what I did but suddenly the problem just ... fixed itself. My Sim remembered that dishwashers and sinks exists and can use them again. I have no idea how it fixed itself, but there you go.

I am entirely convinced that the universe gives me bugs and grievances related to my games and computer, just to have the problem not show itself to other people and make me look crazy.
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegant-Faults
I prefer having my Sims do their own dishes automatically because that means I don't have to do anything. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, it's perfectly convenient if you only have one or two sims, don't have everyone eat at the same time, and/or don't own a nonotrash. Otherwise autonomous dish washing is as big a pain in the ass to me as highchairs :v
Scholar
#10 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:04 PM
I have issues with sims too, and dishes. They go to pick up the plate and put it right back down. This I think is only happening with sims who went through the parenthood pack traits. Something wonky is definitely going on with the dishes.

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.