Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2018 at 3:21 PM
Default Is it safe to delete towns?
Talking about the menu option:

As someone who've played Sims 2 for ages i know it's a no-no to delete neighbourhoods in Sims 2 but what about in Sims 3?

Cheers, Maggie
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 28th May 2018 at 3:26 PM
You're not deleting the town, basically - you're deleting a savegame created for this town. And yes, it is safe. The town will still be available to start a new savegame in when you click on the "+" in main menu screen.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2018 at 3:33 PM
Yes, that is why the button is there. To actually delete towns entirely you have to uninstall the world. As said, those are just saves.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th May 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Yes, that is why the button is there.

As it was in Sims 2 but caused the game to corrupt Just want the save gone, not the map/world hehe, thanks for the fast replies everyone! :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th May 2018 at 5:00 PM Last edited by SusannaG : 28th May 2018 at 9:15 PM.
Yeah, the rule with Sims 2 was "just because you *can* doesn't mean you *should*." In more places than one.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th May 2018 at 5:25 PM Last edited by daisylee : 28th May 2018 at 6:05 PM.
I just delete the worlds I do not want in the launcher and then make sure they are gone in the docs. I also clear my caches almost every time before I open the game.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:03 PM
*Gulp* Delete town sound so ... final.

Poor sims!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th May 2018 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magicslippers
As someone who've played Sims 2 for ages i know it's a no-no to delete neighbourhoods in Sims 2 but what about in Sims 3?

It's perfectly okay to delete neighborhoods in Sims 2. It's the SIMS THEMSELVES (including graves) that must never ever be deleted.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:41 PM
it'f fine each world is basically a save so it's the same as deleting a save.

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.