Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop won't open
I have UC. I've never messed with body shop because every time I tried to open it, my game crashed. I just now found out I can't have BS and the game open at the same time.

Armed with the new knowledge, I was eager to open it and play. But it won't open. Don't know why. Is it like the game where I can just take out all the files, launch and new folders will generate? Maybe that would help.

Personally, I think all modding tools hate me.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 9:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Jun 2018 at 11:33 PM.
Have you tried (the #1 solution) deleting the cache files (all 2-4 of them)? That's usually the reason BS or the game won't open for me (I tend to delete them before startup, but occasionally forget).

Also, you need to use the Bodyshop file found in the Fun With Pets folder (I think? I don't have the UC, but you need the one for the latest EP which is M&G).

You can't have Bodyshop and the game open at the same time (they access the same files), but you can have SimPE and Bodyshop open (if SimPE is opened first).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM
make sure to also delete the cigen and content registry files as well. Try right clicking and running as Admin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#4 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:42 AM
Just wanting to add, BS opens very slowly to me, many times I tought it won't open at all, but if waited long enough it suddenly appeared. No matter on what folder, the one with highest amount of CC or the one with allmost zero. But that is just me, not the best gaming compu here.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:45 AM
You can tell by looking task manager under processes. It will show up in there for a long time before the loading screen shows up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#6 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can tell by looking task manager under processes. It will show up in there for a long time before the loading screen shows up.

yes I know, but the very rare times I open bodyshop , I am too lazy to look there, just doing something else for a while and maybe then , if it is not still showing up

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 1:11 AM
On my old pc to took 40 minutes to load, now it's only about 10. About the only time I open it is to delete a recolour. Otherwise I never use it, not now I have a heap of custom CAS sliders. A watched pot never boils, I always go and do some laundry or something.

~Call me Jo~