Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Broken family thumbnails on Linux
Hi. I've managed to make The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection run quite on Linux well thanks for the tips from wine bug report and made an easy to use installer for Lutris too. It runs almost perfectly except for one single annoying issue - family previews are completely broken. Please throw any suggestion you might have, I will try and attach anything you want. See pictures:

My assumption is that this has something to do with shaders? I know some will say it's a wine issue but WineHQ team is not going to do anything about this as the game is too old and it doesn't even run properly in vanilla build. This is a far as it gets and it would be so awesome to find a workaround for the issue and add it to the installer for everyone to use.