Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Moria : 25th Jan 2011 at 12:16 AM.
Default Road Signs for CAW with Ambitions
Greetings.

Updated 24th Jan 2011 as I forgot the STOP sign in Simlish from the .rar Sorry Updated file is 5.97 meg

I decided that the range of road signs in Sims3 was not enough for me and so built pretty much a full set to match the Sims3 ones. A couple of signs, the pedestrian crossing and the stop sign needed new models, but I have tried to make them match as close as possible to the existing signs available.

The require Ambitions to work as the origional objects were cloned from ambitions.

They are for CAW to sit on the pavements rather than in lots and can be added using the following framework for CAW

In all cases where there is wording or lettering on the sign, there is an English version and a Simlish version.

These packages can go in normal game and in a CAW framework as defined here :-

Sims3Wiki CAW framework

USE this CAREFULLY.. this is not a replace but an append in the cfg.. you have been warned.

In order for them to show up in game, it needs them added, as well, to your normal package installation folder.

As with the ambitions signs, they are only available in CAW.

I hope you like them and find a use for them.

Regards

Graham

Additional Credits: S3OC and S3PE for the main work and TSRW for sunshadow generation on the new models.

Milkshape for the modelling and Paint.net for the graphic work and all the creators on MTS for their help, encouragement and tutorials
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Road Signs.rar (5.97 MB, 9440 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 10:09 AM
Excellent work- I'm glad you've done them in simlish, too! These will be very useful, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Mar 2011 at 7:25 AM
Thanks I can use them
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th May 2011 at 1:41 PM
thank you for sharing, this is really great for use in CAW
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 1:09 PM
Thank you, these are PERFECT for my city world! Especially the ones in simlish, thank you very much for great work!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 1:25 PM
Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Just to make sure: I can use these and share my world anyway (of course, I`ll give credit)?
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:31 AM
thanks for sharing ♥_♥
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 6:16 PM
i can't get this to work. i did the steps. I got this to work before but idk how. help

KISS ROCKS
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 9:15 PM
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Black Cat:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework

i followed that. stuck on step 2b; Create a Symbolic Link to Packages folder in The Sims 3 Framework

KISS ROCKS
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
You may choose between these two methods to create Packages folder for CAW.

The key word is 'choose'- you either need to create a packages folder, or else create a symbolic link. So just do the first part (make a Packages folder), that will make your mods work. I reworded it slightly, as it was a bit confusing! I hope it's clearer now.
Test Subject
#12 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 10:25 PM
Comes up as a sims 2 file????????

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by benzbuddies
Comes up as a sims 2 file????????

That would depend upon what you have .package files associated with on your computer. If you put them in your CAW framework, they will work just fine.
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Jun 2013 at 10:09 PM
hey thanks for this mod im am so i sick of Ea signs so im replace them now
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That would depend upon what you have .package files associated with on your computer. If you put them in your CAW framework, they will work just fine.

I just downloaded the signs. Still nothing. I couldn't find it on edit world or on the build/buy mode either. :/
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 8:05 PM
How do I download this!?
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 2:21 AM
Already found out how to get them working!!
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 3:45 PM
I would love to see more street signs on the sims 3!
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 12:36 AM
These did not work for me. Don't know if I did something wrong or what. I created my own world and added these signs, but got "the sims 3 has stopped working" message once I exported and tried to load my world in game. Once I removed the signs it loaded just fine.
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:15 PM
If I'm just downloading these along with another world, and not using them to make my own, do I need to do the CAW framework thing? I don't even have CAW on my laptop so I don't know how I would do the framework thing without having to install the CAW thing from the sims resource. Sorry if I sound really dumb right now