Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 5:51 PM
Default Sunlit Tides: textures, road, HeightMaps
Sunlit Tides - textures, height maps, road.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Sunlit Tides_Textures.rar (6.32 MB, 4370 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Sunlit Tides_HeightMaps_300.rar (2.18 MB, 2260 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Sunlit Tides_Road.rar (547.5 KB, 2871 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 8:14 PM
Nice.

Thanks for sharing Atakoy.
Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 1:07 AM
Ditto. Thanks for grabbing these. ^_^

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2012 at 2:30 AM
Thank you I am trying to learn how to do that but I get stuck.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 1:47 PM
i'm trying to make the road but it comes out with the corners of intersections being strange squares does this happen with anybody else?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 12:48 PM
@XxXxRozzyxXxX- That's probably the strange EA mapping you are seeing- if you take a look at the EA worlds (Twinbrook for example) you'll see that they have the same issue. When a road or sidewalk has opacity you'll usually have to disguise intersections with a matching terrain paint.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 2:15 AM Last edited by bryannam97 : 7th Oct 2012 at 8:56 PM.
When I go to download the terrain files, which look great by the way, it doesn't save as a .DDS file type like all the original terrain files. It saves as a .RAR file type, which isn't the correct file type to work with CAW im guessing since it wont open. Should I try to convert the file type? Any tips for me?

Thank You So Much!
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bryannam97
When I go to download the terrain files, which look great by the way, it doesn't save as a .DDS file type like all the original terrain files. It saves as a .RAR file type, which isn't the correct file type to work with CAW im guessing since it wont open. Should I try to convert the file type? Any tips for me?

Thank You So Much!

I'm guessing you are very new to modding any sort of anything, bryannam97. That said, I'll explain it to you as easy as I can, rather then flame you and be all "Rawr and some unhelpful sarcasm!" I got that a lot when I was new to editing games. Anyways, a ".RAR" file will not be read by CAW. The .RAR file is a compressed folder, like a .zip folder, and you need a program to open it. I'd suggest 7-Zip or ExtractNow. Both are free, both cover a whole slew of file types. (WinRAR can only unzip .RAR files. 7-Zip and ExtractNow can unzip all kinds, even .ZIP and .RAR)

Once you install one of those, pick an easy place like the Desktop or your documents folder to extract -- the compressed file will be placed there and that folder will have the CAW resources.

I dreamed I was missing... you were so scared, but no one would listen, 'cause no one else cared. After my dreaming, I woke with this fear. What am I leaving when I'm done here?
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Nov 2012 at 11:01 PM
Hi again! And yes I am fairly new to caw but I have learned a lot and getting a grasp on everything. And thank you for the info! Im making a tropical place with coral reeefs and such and these terrains will help alot! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 1:38 PM
Question
How did you get the height-map? Because I want the "Hidden Springs" height-map, but cant find it. Thankyou for the downloads!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:02 PM
simalary44, I just uploaded Hidden Springs' heightmap here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3412889
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
simalary44, I just uploaded Hidden Springs' heightmap here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3412889

Oh, Thank You simsample!

P.S. To the up-loader of this file, the little "land forms/tails" the go out of the main island, i can't see them/find them. So, does anyone have the complete file. Sorry if im just not seeing them - CAW is just soooo... cunfusing
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 4:06 PM
Do you mean the Sunlit Tides Heightmap, or the Hidden Springs one?

Are you giving the world the right height when you create it- it should be 300?
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 9:58 PM Last edited by simalary44 : 29th Dec 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Response
THE BOLD MEANS EDIT!

Do you mean the Sunlit Tides Heightmap, or the Hidden Springs one?

Are you giving the world the right height when you create it- it should be 300?

The Sunlit Tides, I can't see the lloop that circles the lake -. Heres a link to picture:
http://www.sims-3.net/wp-content/ga...t-tides_020.jpg

the tails/loop around the lake.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 10:15 PM
What height is your world? Most of the EA worlds seem to use a 300 height or thereabouts- if you have it too low then the mountains will be flatter.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 10:19 PM Last edited by simsample : 31st Dec 2012 at 1:36 AM. Reason: Merged posts and removed migraine inducing smilies
Again, problem
What height is your world? Most of the EA worlds seem to use a 300 height or thereabouts- if you have it too low then the mountains will be flatter.

Here is the link im talking about:

http://www.sims-3.net/wp-content/ga...t-tides_020.jpg

<<<The size/height is 300>>> i tried like 6 times

The LOOP around the lake

This is SOOOO cunfusing/complicated

I **THINK** I got it. YES - I DID! -----

Ok, how high should i make the water level?
** Thank you:

simsample

and the uploader!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#17 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:37 AM
simalary44- just make the water level and land height at whatever looks best to you. We can only guess at the settings EA used.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 9:03 PM
simalary44- just make the water level and land height at whatever looks best to you. We can only guess at the settings EA used.

I did, i made a world - but its hard "REALLY HARD"
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 11:44 AM
Oké I'm new so I'm not familiar with how this works. I have downloaded the textures and extracted them with a program, I got 2 jpg and 1 png files and two maps with .dds files. I took the .dds files out off the maps they were in and placed it into the: The sims 3 create a world tool-UserToolData-SourceTextures map, I placed the png file (the hightmap) in the map: The sims 3 create a world tool-UserToolData-HeightMaps. But when I start a new world I can't choose the height map and there still are only 4 terainpaints so do I have to do something extra? Or did I totally screw this up because I don't know how all this works..
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 9:21 PM
Sounds like you did it right.

Make sure you put them in your Documents side folders, and not the Program side folders.

The terrain paints you have to add a layer too, to have the option to choose your new ones.
Test Subject
#21 Old 29th Nov 2019 at 7:54 AM
All of the grasses do not match the lighter grass in the world, does anyone have a texture that does?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th Nov 2019 at 2:18 AM
The rar posted in the thread should include it I would think. It doesn't?