Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:06 AM
Default Mods trouble PLEASE HELP ME
So I've been playing The Sims on my boyfriends computer with no problem, mods included, recently I switched all my stuff onto my computer but for some unknown reason my game will not load if I have mods in my mods folder. It crashed at the Sims 4 loading point and I have to close the program. I deleted them all and it worked just fine. I don't understand what's going on and I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I love playing sims with my mods and would really like to solve this issue. PLEASE HELP ME!! Below I've posted everything you hopefully need to know to possibly help me resolve this frustrating issue.
Bf's computer info:
Edition- Windows 10 Home
Version- 1607
OS Build- 14393.1480
Processor- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Installed Ram- 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
System Type- 64- bit operating system
My computer info:
Edition- Windows 8
Processor- AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon(TM) HD graphics 1.50 GHz
Installed Ram- 4.00 GB (3.46 GB usable)
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 10:13 AM
Hi you might find this page helpful: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content especially if you scroll down to the 50% method suggestion. It could be that you just have one item in your mods folder causing the problem and all the rest could be fine. But read the whole page anyway.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:31 PM
If game runs perfectly fine on your bf's comp, and not yours, and depending on the amount of packs and CC you got, you could possibility be running out of RAM which results in desktop crashes, 4gig or your case only 3.5gig usable isn't a lot, of course the TS4 will run with all packs up to fitness with 4gig, but that's a vanilla state, with not too much CC, try taking out half of them, or add more RAM and see what happens.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:40 PM
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 10:45 AM
Default Try Re-Downloading The Mods -
Quote: Originally posted by kirabear1993
So I've been playing The Sims on my boyfriends computer with no problem, mods included, recently I switched all my stuff onto my computer but for some unknown reason my game will not load if I have mods in my mods folder. It crashed at the Sims 4 loading point and I have to close the program. I deleted them all and it worked just fine. I don't understand what's going on and I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I love playing sims with my mods and would really like to solve this issue. PLEASE HELP ME!! Below I've posted everything you hopefully need to know to possibly help me resolve this frustrating issue.
Bf's computer info:
Edition- Windows 10 Home
Version- 1607
OS Build- 14393.1480
Installed Ram- 4.00 GB (3.89 GB usable)
My computer info:
Edition- Windows 8
Installed Ram- 4.00 GB (3.46 GB usable)

Hey, i know this may sound too simple, but have you tried re-downloading the mods on your computer from their original source? (that's if you moved the mods from your BF's PC)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:32 AM
I've tried the 50% method and it STILL doesn't work. I don't understand why everything worked fine on his computer but when I moved it all to mine it wont work.
I have every pack and quite a lot of CC I've organized into folders that I had on his computer. I tried only putting the CC I use for my games in and it still doesn't work. Honestly I wouldn't know how to add more RAM. Otherwise I'd give that a go.
Yes I tried re downloading them and it still doesn't work.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 9:58 AM
Is your game patched to the same level as it was on his computer? Same packs installed?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 1:00 PM
Does your BF's computer have a dedicated graphics card?

I would say the first suspect is the weaker machine cannot load the game, especially with only 4GB RAM and I also suspect an integrated graphics; but then you also wrote
... I deleted them all and it worked just fine...

So, my next question is - "worked just fine" - means you can just load the game, and then immediately Quit without playing? or able to play the game for at least 2 hours? 4 hours before it crashed? OR it never crashed with no mods/CC and the gameplay lasted until you quit the game, however long that gameplay session was?
Scholar
#9 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 1:03 AM
If your game works fine with no mods or CC and when trying the 50/50 method your game still didn't load then i am guessing you have more than 1 mod or cc causing an issue.
I would fully patch/update your game via origin, then re download all the mods you can not live without out (making sure they are updated to work with latest patch).
Then start on your CC slowly adding it back until you find what is crashing your game.

If your game works without anything in your mods folder (apart from resource.cfg) then its a mod or cc making the game crash.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 10:29 AM
So I've found that all my CC works EXCEPT my objects (couches, pictures, plants, ect..) Any idea why that could be??
Scholar
#11 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:46 AM
So I've found that all my CC works EXCEPT my objects (couches, pictures, plants, ect..) Any idea why that could be??

Is this all of your objects in Buy Mode that don't work? What's happening exactly with them? They don't show up? Have you tried putting in one couch or plant at a time and seeing what happens? This is very strange.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 12:22 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking, I haven't tried putting them in one by one but I did try putting all my pictures/wall art in and it loaded up till the sims 4 logo came on then crashed like it was doing originally.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:52 PM
I figured which objects were causing my game to crash, thank you all for the advice and help, very much appreciated!!
Scholar
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:16 PM
I figured which objects were causing my game to crash, thank you all for the advice and help, very much appreciated!!

Glad you got it sorted out!