Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:38 PM
Default how to use your CAS demo sims in game! (info thread)
this is for anybody still wondering how to do this. open your CAS demo folder (in my documents) and you will see a folder called 'tray'. copy and paste it over to your ts4 game, and put it in the tray folder. i figured this out last night, i hope it helps.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 6:52 PM
Thank You A Bunch!!!

Sims for for life! My opinion doesn't really matter but I like to share it anyways. :)
simblr
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:23 PM
Default how to move sims from Demo to game
Awesome, and thank you so much!
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:58 PM
Thanks as well, I was wondering.
Instructor
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:39 PM
Did it decrease loading speed for anyone else when they did this? I feel like my game takes an extra 20-30 seconds to load now.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:21 AM
I copied and pasted the contents of the CAS demo tray to the game tray. Now it refuses to load. I have no custom content, or mods in either the demo or the game.

I've noticed what you said, James, about it slowing down, but if it slowed my down it was for a lot more than seconds. I gave up and alt-control-deleted to get out the game while it was frozen.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:41 AM
The game won't load at all? Did it work after you took out the tray files?
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 1:58 AM
Wish I had seen this before I used the upload to community download to game method.:P
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:01 AM
It will load
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
I copied and pasted the contents of the CAS demo tray to the game tray. Now it refuses to load. I have no custom content, or mods in either the demo or the game.

I've noticed what you said, James, about it slowing down, but if it slowed my down it was for a lot more than seconds. I gave up and alt-control-deleted to get out the game while it was frozen.

I'm imaging you likely had a LOT of downloads or custom characters?

Try waiting it out for five or ten minutes, heh. It'll eventually load.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:23 AM
Hi, Captain Obvious here. I moved the tray folder from the CAS Demo to the Sims 4 tray folder and it didn't load my CAS demo households. I went back and removed the CAS demo files from its tray folder into the Sims 4 tray folder. No double folder, just the individual files into the Sims 4 tray. That worked great and all my families showed up in game. Maybe this is something everyone knew but just in case there was another computer dummie out there, thought I'd report on this.

Thanks for the great tip, ChristmasFear! :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:29 AM
Christmas fear, it did load after I took them out. James, yes I had a lot. I found a different method before I read James's post. It only works if you loaded your sims to the community gallery as well. I got this from a thread on the official forums--you click on your name in the community gallery, then download your sims into your library.