Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
Shadowy sims?
Good afternoon guys,

Upon launching the sim 4 I found if in my graphic settings, I set 'sims detail' to more than 'low' it results in a shadowed sim.... like the lights don't work on them, outdoors is fine, indoors is silly. I'm kind of a 'ULTRA graphics' type of a person so having to run with my sis in low quality is killing me.

COMP SPECS:
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
Video Card AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5800 Series
Memory 8.1 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Has anyone else had this issue? or know how to fix it?

I believe my graphics card is up to date as well, just spent an hour making sure of it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:18 PM
UPDATE: awkward update only a few minutes later.... So when I turned on 'uncompressed sims textures' it solves my problem.

However... it makes the game run like crap.

So, help and suggestions are still appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:27 PM
Your GPU seems fairly slow. Are you using a laptop or an old computer? If the latter, I suggest grabbing a better graphics card within a $250-$350 price range. That should guarantee you could run most games at about 60 frames and eliminated 95% of that kind of graphical glitch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 4:39 AM
I'm running it on a laptop, asus g73, Any recommendations for that? I'm definitely up for an upgrade.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 5:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jaclyn
I'm running it on a laptop, asus g73, Any recommendations for that? I'm definitely up for an upgrade.

I searched up your laptop, seems like it is optimized for gaming. Are you using laptop mode? It worked for my laptop when I enabled it. May fix many of the issues.

If you are already and still experience problems, maybe lower the settings and ask someone on a tech forum or something with hardware advice.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by airaron32
I searched up your laptop, seems like it is optimized for gaming. Are you using laptop mode? It worked for my laptop when I enabled it. May fix many of the issues.

If you are already and still experience problems, maybe lower the settings and ask someone on a tech forum or something with hardware advice.

hmmm, ya my problem was if I took it off laptop mode everything was great looking but VERY slow, when I put on laptop mode it's amazing but the sims quality sucks lol... I'll keep trying combinations and then try the tech forum if nothing works out. Thanks for your help!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:13 AM
the problem lies on laptop mode, I accidentally ticked on, and I had shadowy sims indoors, and it fixed itself as soon as I ticked it off. Maybe if you set every graphic setting to low, and leave laptop mode unchecked? I know it's not a solution...but still it could work. of course, leave turned off uncompressed textures.

"Ride to live, live to ride...wheels of fire, forever!!!!!!!!!"
Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf