Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 11th May 2016 at 11:12 PM
Ah, I did not concentrate (it is past midnight here ) - I never had a problem with the taxi not showing up. I do have Sims celebrate promotions by going on outings - and so it really happens regularly in my game. I do not think I have a mod - seems as if I am of no help here!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 12th May 2016 at 12:19 AM
Speaking of this subject, has anyone else had babies show up to outings? One of the other Sims carries them out of the taxi and then dump them on the curb. It had the little plumbob and everything. Not sure if it's a quirk of my heavily-modded game or not.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 12th May 2016 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Speaking of this subject, has anyone else had babies show up to outings? One of the other Sims carries them out of the taxi and then dump them on the curb. It had the little plumbob and everything. Not sure if it's a quirk of my heavily-modded game or not.

My gawd...this was frequent in early days of this game! A patch was made addressing the issue, if I remember correctly. And that is too bad...I miss this.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#29 Old 12th May 2016 at 4:04 AM
In that case, chances are I hadn't patched properly at the time. Maybe someone could make a hack to unfix this.

I once teleported a toddler to an OFB business lot for giggles. He got to his feet, floating in the air, and examined the merchandise. I have a screenshot of this somewhere.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 12th May 2016 at 1:56 PM Last edited by natboopsie : 13th May 2016 at 11:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by natboopsie
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I do not think such a mod exists. I think we all want it to exist!

Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
You may be right, but I feel like I had the mod marka mentions. Sometimes useful things exist without it being widely known, I've come across several in my time.

I do not disagree with you, @gummilutt. In fact, I sort of made my statement for my own sake as well. I'm a believer that some ideas are just really attractive to a lot of people for unknown reasons and thus almost take on a life of their own, and I think this is one of them. I mean, every thread elsewhere (and on this site) that I've found, people want this fix and often wonder if it exists, but no one believes they had it at some point...except here. And I include myself---because I also was thinking, "Oh, didn't I have a fix for that? I don't...but I thought I did!"

So it's an interesting sociological/psychological phenomenon as well---like we're all drinking the same Kool-Aid. Because why would not one of us be able to remember what the fix was, who made it, or most telling, why we would no longer have it? It's just a really interesting phenomenon.

Of course, that's neither here nor there regarding the actual problem, so I'll shut up about it now, lol. Though I remain open to being proven wrong here and would love it if I were.

I had this issue back when i only had Double Deluxe. It was pretty annoying. It stopped happening when I got the rest of the EPs, so I think it was later fixed. (Course, could've also been one of my five million hacks.)

Rats, you had to say it might be one of your hacks. No, I have UC, so there is no version that's more completely patched out there. So it was not fixed.

Wow! Quirk...or glitch/hack conflict? I have not seen my sims in any of my hoods take babies traveling, and my game has not spontaneously generated them as outing members (or otherwise) on community lots. (Striking through because I was an idiot and failed to read Rosebine above me. I suppose I even agree it might be a sight worth missing, though I would probably be equal parts freaked out about what it meant for my game.)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 12th May 2016 at 2:23 PM
In that case, chances are I hadn't patched properly at the time. Maybe someone could make a hack to unfix this.

I once teleported a toddler to an OFB business lot for giggles. He got to his feet, floating in the air, and examined the merchandise. I have a screenshot of this somewhere.

I wish!!! ahah
I had made a..*clerk trap*
I had cloned the cash register and turned it into a pile of children books that sits on the floor. I would build a cute lot, because I was stubborn with playing a daycare center. Then, I would put a few of those clerk traps..
Next time my sim would visit that lot, of course teen clerks were created and spawn right next to the pile of books. Using Vincent's sim modder, I would turn them into toddlers.
here ya go. Teleporting toddlers on community lots was not quite useful, because as soon as they would arrive, they would just leave...But having them as clerks though..they would stay, they were technically *working*
Then I stopped using my hacked pile of books...because I was annoyed when toddlers would spawn at my other community lots behind a cash register...lol
You probably noticed that all teen clerks works at different shops...
Have you ever waited in line, expecting to be served by a toddler?..People get fed up quickly. ahahaha
Now with OFB..I could hire my own clerks, and still use my trap!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 12th May 2016 at 10:53 PM
Found the screenshot, if anyone's still interested:

Mad Poster
#33 Old 13th May 2016 at 5:25 AM
The toddler is funny, but OMG is that Bigfoot's autobiography on sale at the front? XD
Mad Poster
#34 Old 13th May 2016 at 6:15 PM
I think it's supposed to be a children's book. Got it from here.
Page 2 of 2