Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#17476 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:30 AM
It's that Peggy Hair! I changed Beatrice Monty to it, and the game immediately crashed. It may be ok for older Sims, but it clearly doesn't work for little girls. Now I just have to identify which files go with it.

At least I know what the problem is. And I assume that, when I fix it, my game will still be playable.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#17477 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 1:16 AM
Which Peggy hair is it? I'd like to avoid putting it in my game.
Mad Poster
#17478 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 1:36 AM
Peggy used different numbers for the same hair, and seemed to change her numbering system over the years. But it seems to be the one named PeggyFreeMeshHair0029-female-07506-black.package and 7 other colours. The mesh is peggyhairmesh0029-070506.package. I'm pretty sure I got it from SimsCave after Peggy's site stopped working. It is in archive 2007-3.rar and inside the archive it is in subfolder Free - ID #003101.

All that I know at present is that the black child version doesn't work in my game. It is possible that my disk problems have corrupted the file. I'll try to make further tests.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#17479 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:09 AM
What were the pre-written stories that are supposed to happen when you play the premades the first time? I remember Cassandra being left on the altar.
Instructor
#17480 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MeowMixPls
What were the pre-written stories that are supposed to happen when you play the premades the first time? I remember Cassandra being left on the altar.

Mary-sue gets a chance card that, no matter what, makes her lose her job so she can catch Daniel cheating with Kaylinn;
The Caleintes always receive the burglar visit on the first night of game;
Don is supposed to hire the maid because the house is fully of rubbish (so he can invite Kaylinn over);

Can't think about anything else that heavily influences the game-play - aside from existing relationships and so.
Mad Poster
#17481 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 9:28 AM

If Cassandra asks Don to marry her, she gets left at the altar. If she kisses him a couple of times first, the marriage goes through successfully.
Mad Poster
#17482 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:08 AM
Somebody starts with roaches. I can't remember who.
Mad Poster
#17483 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:56 AM Last edited by marka93 : 17th Feb 2019 at 2:46 PM.

There in the eGuides and you can pick up a copy of them here: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/8226/

ADD: Had the folder linked and not the download, its fixed now.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Forum Resident
#17484 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:57 AM
The Caliente sisters get robbed, and Dina is set up to marry Mortimer with wants and everything. When she does, Nina gets a want and a note to move out.
Dustin gets called by Angela to sneak out, and it will always get him arrested. Also Brandi will lecture him when he comes home from school.
Mary-Sue has a rigged chance card, and if Daniel has a want to woohoo with Mary-Sue when Kaylynn arrives, it will change to her instead. Also Angela always brings home Dustin.
Nervous is the one with the roaches, he gets 51364761 actions to go to the fridge and roaches just appear.
General Buzz will always come over if Olive calls him.
Tank will always come over when you play the Smiths.
Tank will always only have the Military appear when he searches for a job.
Vidcund always gets abducted.
Tybalt always comes over when you play the Monty's.
The Summerdreams are having a party when you play them, and Puck's supposedly scripted to have his first kiss, even if he's already kissed someone before.
Field Researcher
#17485 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:09 PM
cool, I remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be an order.

@marka93 How do I acess the eGuides from that link? it is asking for a username and password
Mad Poster
#17486 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:16 PM
Okay I'm going to throw this in this thread because I SWEAR I am not going crazy...

A few days ago (maybe a week? two weeks?) I swear someone posted the extracted files of Sims 3 TV shows to put into Sims 2? I can't seem to find it in any thread now... apologies if it's been deleted for whatever reason.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Theorist
#17487 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:29 PM
@Bigsimsfan12
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...993#post5494993
http://earlypleasantview.tumblr.com...from-sims-3-for

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#17488 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 12:34 PM
Thank you Orphalesion! I was starting to go insane, I swear I checked that thread about 10 times

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#17489 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Peggy used different numbers for the same hair, and seemed to change her numbering system over the years. But it seems to be the one named PeggyFreeMeshHair0029-female-07506-black.package and 7 other colours. The mesh is peggyhairmesh0029-070506.package. I'm pretty sure I got it from SimsCave after Peggy's site stopped working. It is in archive 2007-3.rar and inside the archive it is in subfolder Free - ID #003101.

All that I know at present is that the black child version doesn't work in my game. It is possible that my disk problems have corrupted the file. I'll try to make further tests.
I replaced my files for that hair with newly extracted ones, and it still caused the game to crash when Beatrice Monty changed her hair to it. It also crashed if I gave her coffee-coloured hair instead of black. So that hair really doesn't work for child-age Sims. At least it doesn't work in my game. I've now removed it from my game. When I have the time, I'll try testing it in my base-game AGS, and see if it works for other ages. I wonder if it's fixable. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else cares to test it, how you get on. I suspect the hair is fixable.

With that hair removed Amy (with a slightly different Peggy hair) and her teenage brother Donald have now moved into the downtown Changing Hut. I'll let them stay there for the day, so they can meet some of the locals, and then change them into townies, as was my original intention. Here they are:

Being able to fix Amy, contrary to my earlier expectation, means that I can go on playing the 'hood instead of reverting to backup. While I thought I was going to have to revert to backup, I moved all my other Bin families into adjacent houses that I hurriedly built for them in Greaves Avenue in downtown. This was really just to test that there were no more problems, but they're there now. I won't make them go back to the Bin. Some I'll probably leave there long term; others might move to other parts of the neighbourhood. It's an unexpected development as far as I am concerned, but I'm sure it will add a bit of interest
Screenshots

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#17490 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 2:43 PM
cool, I remember reading somewhere that there is supposed to be an order.

@marka93 How do I acess the eGuides from that link? it is asking for a username and password

Sorry wrong link, here you go: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/8226/

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Theorist
#17491 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 6:56 PM
Two random mod questions:
1. Does anyone know what mod might be giving me this "Be Farmer" option under the Business phone menu?
2. The visitor controller (I'm using Midge's updated version) is dressing my sims in their everyday outfits when they visit community lots (example: I dress my sims in formal to go to dinner and they arrive in their everyday clothes). Is that by design and what is supposed to happen? If it is it's not a deal breaker (I'll just put a changing booth on my lots) but if it's not I'd like to let Midge/Radium know.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#17492 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
1. Does anyone know what mod might be giving me this "Be Farmer" option under the Business phone menu?

Probably Macrotastics and/or Business Runs You. I used to have a family who ran a gardening/grocery shop, and I'm pretty sure that option was there on the sim and/or object menu. I don't remember it being on the phone menu, but it's been a long time. I could be mis-remembering.
Instructor
#17493 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:07 PM
2. The visitor controller (I'm using Midge's updated version) is dressing my sims in their everyday outfits when they visit community lots (example: I dress my sims in formal to go to dinner and they arrive in their everyday clothes). Is that by design and what is supposed to happen? If it is it's not a deal breaker (I'll just put a changing booth on my lots) but if it's not I'd like to let Midge/Radium know.

2. I think that's designed by the game mechanics. You can use the visitor controller to change your sims to formal wear. However, every sim that visits the lot will be in formal wear

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#17494 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 9:55 PM
(I'll just put a changing booth on my lots)
I don't think that's necessary. ChristianLov's Christianlov_PlugIn_Closet_ChangeClothes.package, a companion to his Gussy Up, adds a "Change into" option to every Sim's menu. I don't think it does Outerwear as I think it pre-dates Seasons but it does everything else. (My own highest EP is OFB). I use it all the time. I think the mod must be much less well known than his Gussy Up, because no one else ever seems to mention it.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Alchemist
#17495 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:11 PM
That should work (I actually use Christianlov's PlugIn Closet Change Clothes quite a bit), but there's also a sign that makes you change clothes. Yeah--Inge has some at simlogical under dressing: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...s2_Dressing.htm, and there's one that makes all sims in the room change into formal.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#17496 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:54 PM
Thank you rousseau, it is Macrotastics giving me the Be Farmer option.
monijt1, in an unmodded game your Sims will arrive on community lots in the same clothes they left the home lot in - it's the visitor controller that's changing their clothes to everyday which sounds like it's by design.
AndrewGloria, Phantomknight Thanks for the mod suggestions - very nice of you.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17497 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 10:58 PM
@Honeywell did you know that Midge the Tree fixed that VC problem?! I'm loving it, now my police officers come home in uniform, go to friends houses in uniform and are just generally seen more around in uniform.

@AndrewGloria and she also fixed the outerwear issues.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#17498 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:10 PM
Thank you rousseau, it is Macrotastics giving me the Be Farmer option.
monijt1, in an unmodded game your Sims will arrive on community lots in the same clothes they left the home lot in - it's the visitor controller that's changing their clothes to everyday which sounds like it's by design.
AndrewGloria, Phantomknight Thanks for the mod suggestions - very nice of you.

Oh, ok. It's been YEARS since I took a sim to a community lot, without VC, or dressed in other than Everday clothes.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Honeywell did you know that Midge the Tree fixed that VC problem?! I'm loving it, now my police officers come home in uniform, go to friends houses in uniform and are just generally seen more around in uniform.

@AndrewGloria and she also fixed the outerwear issues.

I like new VC by Midge, but I wished she kept the annoying NPCs banned by default. That's ok, though because I edited the BCONs and re-banned the NPCs

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#17499 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 11:11 PM
Yes, Jo. Very happy to have midge's updated version - seeing my sims leave in one outfit and come home in another every single day was a deal breaker for me. Having the sims forced into their everyday clothes for community lot visits I can deal with - very rarely do I want my sims to wear something besides their everyday clothes out anyway. I just wanted to double check the vc was working as intended and not something that was unintentionally changed with the latest update and going by the mod suggestions I'm assuming it is working correctly.
Alchemist
#17500 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 12:01 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 18th Feb 2019 at 12:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
I like new VC by Midge, but I wished she kept the annoying NPCs banned by default. That's ok, though because I edited the BCONs and re-banned the NPCs

That was the point. We get to choose what's defaulted. <3 Personally, I had to be sure to change every VC to ban head witches, but didn't want it banning my matchmaker. Now it works the way I want. Huge fan!

Actually, I think it's worth asking that, if you know it's happening, because my impression is that the fix is intended to stop VC doing things behind the scenes that we don't want. The original VC defaulted to everyday, but I would have thought the intent now is to leave sims as they are unless there is a flag to change it.
Page 700 of 1345