Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#7026 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 4:04 PM
http://www.simbology.com/mods/index...date&order=desc @charity

Jase's misc mods list, including teens noogie siblings fix. It is a stand alone that surprise surprise! conflicts with inteenimater :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#7027 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 4:20 PM
A mod for older sims to help children with homework while they're already doing it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7028 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
A mod which entirely disables the "Die by flies" interaction which can happen by leaving dirty dishes around. I want sloppy Sims for storytelling purposes!

Death by flies is really hard to achieve. I remember years ago following a story where they wanted this death to get points for the challenge they were doing and they ended up needing two parallel fences going about 10 tiles long or longer and every tile had trash and flies on it (place was covered in roaches by this point) and they made the sim run up and down the enclosure. If you left something out and a sim accidentally died you had a 100 to one fluke.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#7029 Old 1st Dec 2017 at 11:09 PM
when a created neighborhood/sub-neighborhood is selected, pressing Enter enters that neighborhood/sub-neighborhood.
when choosing a neighborhood/sub-neighborhood template, pressing Enter picks the selected template.
in the "Learn to Play" section of game, pressing Enter enters the selected tutorial.
something similar apply to lots.
Field Researcher
#7030 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:13 AM
I wish there was a mod out there to enable some kind of negative social interaction between an adult and a child. I just added a boarding school to my 'hood (run by a servo) and I've discovered that the servo has no option to discipline the children in a way that will lower their relationship. "Oh, you were jumping on the bed after lights out? Too bad there's nothing I can do except tell you a joke."

It could be something as simple as "argue" or "yell at"...anything.

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#7031 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
http://www.simbology.com/mods/index...date&order=desc @charity

Jase's misc mods list, including teens noogie siblings fix. It is a stand alone that surprise surprise! conflicts with inteenimater :D

Thanks! Now I just have to work out the fighting one.
Lab Assistant
#7032 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmeraldFalcon
I wish there was a mod out there to enable some kind of negative social interaction between an adult and a child. I just added a boarding school to my 'hood (run by a servo) and I've discovered that the servo has no option to discipline the children in a way that will lower their relationship. "Oh, you were jumping on the bed after lights out? Too bad there's nothing I can do except tell you a joke."

It could be something as simple as "argue" or "yell at"...anything.

Would this "lecture anytime" mod work for your child-discipline requirements?
Mad Poster
#7033 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 11:30 AM
Quote:
I would like some kind of election/voting modded object with tokens. First you create "parties/representants" by for example "Create... Party/Representant" where you name it something like for example "Party 1" and "Party 2". Could also be a sim's name. Next step is to create a token for each sim, the options are for "Party 1", "Party 2" and "Undecided" where the last one is supposed to be randomized. The last step is to hold the election where all the tokens are counted and the party/representant with the most votes wins. Either you handpick every sim's opinion (party 1 or 2) to make sure which party should win or you let the general population have "Undecided" for a more interesting result.

About the elections/voting: what if someone took the 'religions' mod, and recast it as a 'representative' one? Instead of a 'god' you'd have 'your Senator' and that way you could figure out how many people support the candidate.

In doing this kind of change, you could have 'beliefs' turned into 'core values' such as taxes, family, etc.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#7034 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
About the elections/voting: what if someone took the 'religions' mod, and recast it as a 'representative' one? Instead of a 'god' you'd have 'your Senator' and that way you could figure out how many people support the candidate.

In doing this kind of change, you could have 'beliefs' turned into 'core values' such as taxes, family, etc.

I do like that idea actually! I'll have to look into the Religions mod.
Field Researcher
#7035 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cakeninja
Would this "lecture anytime" mod work for your child-discipline requirements?

To be honest, the lecture interaction happens so rarely ingame that I don't remember if there is a relationship loss paired with it. If there is, it would work--except that it's not compatible with Inteen. >.<

http://kahonseecity.livejournal.com/ < - New Prosperity Challenge. Last update: 6/9/14
Mad Poster
#7036 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 1:55 PM
There is also an AL-compatible version of the lecture anytime. Don't use the wrong EP, it will mess up a lot of pie menu options for you because it includes a text list that all sim pie menu options need, so anything introduced by AL (butler door policy, casting spells, buying reagents etc) will be missing if you use EP 7.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Alchemist
#7037 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 2:12 PM
To be honest, the lecture interaction happens so rarely ingame that I don't remember if there is a relationship loss paired with it. If there is, it would work--except that it's not compatible with Inteen. >.<
It does cause a relationship drop.
Forum Resident
#7038 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
There is an existing mod that enables cellphones for children, and gdayars and I will probably release an updated version at some point.
Existing hack by SimmySimSim on MTS

I tried that mod and my Sim children still weren't able to use the cellphone.
Field Researcher
#7039 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 3:13 PM
There is also an AL-compatible version of the lecture anytime. Don't use the wrong EP, it will mess up a lot of pie menu options for you because it includes a text list that all sim pie menu options need, so anything introduced by AL (butler door policy, casting spells, buying reagents etc) will be missing if you use EP 7.

Is that the same reason it's incompatible with Inteen, by any chance?

Alchemist
#7040 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:01 PM
Yes, that's the reason.
Mad Poster
#7041 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 5:13 PM
Is that the same reason it's incompatible with Inteen, by any chance?

Yes Inteen modifies the text list for sim pie menus, so they both need to edit it. It's one of those conflicts that won't be found by HCDU, because it does not check for text lists. You can merge the two, it's not that hard. I'm doing that for my own game, I can talk you through it if you want. (Can't send you my inteen, because I made lots of modifications to it, so better you do it yourself to your own one).

Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
I tried that mod and my Sim children still weren't able to use the cellphone.

Hopefully the updated version will, though I don't think it'll be out for quite some time.

Mad Poster
#7042 Old 2nd Dec 2017 at 10:32 PM
@gummilutt can you add me to the list of folks who would love to have "lecture sims" work with Inteen and needs education when you get to that, please?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#7043 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
@gummilutt can you add me to the list of folks who would love to have "lecture sims" work with Inteen and needs education when you get to that, please?

Sure I was going to do it over chat, but if there's more people I might as well make a tutorial. I'll let you guys know when it's ready

Lab Assistant
#7044 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by salamanderer : 3rd Dec 2017 at 1:59 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Default Hacks/CC Wishes - Set skins/content for hoods and multi-user stairs
Adding to the game mods/hacks wish list (because I really don't want to have to do this for hours using SimPE, only to find it doesn't work).
Disclaimer 1: I browsed through about 100 pages on this list, and did a search, but couldn't find the same request, so forgive me if it's duplicated. Disclaimer 2: I want this for specific reasons only, so don't flame me for asking it.

I would really like to see the option to set certain skins/features for a particular neighborhood. For example, all sims, even NPCs, are aliens or bigfoots. Could even do an island one with only medium skin-tones. This could be useful in so many ways. However, I don't want to alter all the default skins to accomplish this for one neighborhood only.

A related wish: to have certain clothing/items/hair styles for one neighborhood only. For example, if I do a(n) historic 'hood, I don't want a car to show up, but I also don't want horse-drawn carriages in my modern 'hoods. As it is you have to set all styles at a time, which means sorting your downloads folder and temporarily hiding/deleting content, then adding it all back when you switch neighborhoods.

A non-related wish: That more than one sim can use the stairs at the same time. It is super-annoying to have a sim wait, get frustrated, or forget what he/she was doing just because another sim is on the stairs.
Mad Poster
#7045 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 2:52 AM
The solution to that problem is to have multiple copies of your The Sims 2-folder. If you rename it to say "The Sims 2 - Historic", the game will think it's not there and generate a new one. Each one is completely separate from any others, so you can have one where you have a hood that only has skintones of your choice, one that has only historic CC, and one with space aliens. It's quite common, especially for people who play medieval games. When you want to play one, you just change the name back to The Sims 2, and that's the folder read by the game.

Lots of perks, like being able to have different defaults depending on what you want in that specific setup, and cutting down on load times by only having CC relevant to the specific thing you do in that game. The only downside is that you have to go in and rename so you load the right one when you play, and if you want to swap hoods while playing and they are in different folders you have to quit and load the other one. And it won't help if you want to make separations between main hood and subhoods, but it's still pretty handy

And stairs-wise, use modular stairs instead of the fixed staircases. Modular stairs allow two Sims at a time, fixed ones only allow one. Still risks stomping, but it's slightly less common.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7046 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 3:00 AM
As Gummi said a lot of us do that. I have a modern game folder, a medieval one, an old one and a testing one. Right now I am playing my modern one Coral Bay so that folder is called 'The Sims 2' When I want to play my medieval one I will change the name on my modern folder to The Sims 2 Coral bay and I will rename my 'The Sims 2 medieval' back to The Sims 2. The game only reads the game called 'The Sims 2'. Being able to split my cc into modern and medieval also means the folder loads faster since I am not bogging it down with medieval cc and and same for my medieval folder, it isn't bogged down with modern cc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#7047 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 4:51 PM Last edited by salamanderer : 3rd Dec 2017 at 5:00 PM. Reason: typo
Default RE: Hacks/CC Wishes - Set skins/content for hoods and multi-user stairs
The solution to that problem is to have multiple copies of your The Sims 2-folder. If you rename it to say "The Sims 2 - Historic", the game will think it's not there and generate a new one. Each one is completely separate from any others, so you can have one where you have a hood that only has skintones of your choice, one that has only historic CC, and one with space aliens. It's quite common, especially for people who play medieval games. When you want to play one, you just change the name back to The Sims 2, and that's the folder read by the game.

Lots of perks, like being able to have different defaults depending on what you want in that specific setup, and cutting down on load times by only having CC relevant to the specific thing you do in that game. The only downside is that you have to go in and rename so you load the right one when you play, and if you want to swap hoods while playing and they are in different folders you have to quit and load the other one. And it won't help if you want to make separations between main hood and subhoods, but it's still pretty handy

And stairs-wise, use modular stairs instead of the fixed staircases. Modular stairs allow two Sims at a time, fixed ones only allow one. Still risks stomping, but it's slightly less common.

You are a brilliant life saver!! Now, I can really get on with my time-wasting, work-procrastinating gaming!

As for the stairs, I will remember that. Unfortunately, I only had space for a spiral staircase in the building that made me grumble. Good to know for the future, however.

Thanks to you both, Gummi and Jo!
Mad Poster
#7048 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 2:48 PM
Can be proven complex, but a mod that carpool sends your sim to a community lot (If a taxi does that, what should be stopping a carpool from doing that). Not only that, you would having to do a certain following task corresponding to career level to earn work performance points and a promotion. I'm thinking your sim would only arrive to the lot (by that meaning not allowed to choose from a various list) that has the special hacked object presented (in a form/model of a career reward object that is respective to the career track). Of course, it should prompt a player with a choice window to either allow the place to follow their sims to visible workplace or not, like in TS3:Ambitions/TS4:GTW.
Mad Poster
#7049 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 7:49 PM
Modular stairs allow two Sims at a time, fixed ones only allow one. Still risks stomping, but it's slightly less common.

Modular stairs allow one sim per step going in either direction. (I think I read somewhere that this is because each step is a separate object or something?) I've had four or more sims going up or coming down a modular staircase at one time. Stampy feet can still occur if a sim tries to use the stairs before the sim ahead of them has moved on to the next step, but this doesn't happen often.
Mad Poster
#7050 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Modular stairs allow one sim per step going in either direction. (I think I read somewhere that this is because each step is a separate object or something?) I've had four or more sims going up or coming down a modular staircase at one time. Stampy feet can still occur if a sim tries to use the stairs before the sim ahead of them has moved on to the next step, but this doesn't happen often.

That's what I seemed to remember as well, but when I am not sure about my information I stick to what I know and I was absolutely certain it allows two Thank you for confirming my unvoiced suspicion

If one really likes the appearance of the fixed staircases, Raindrop had the idea to make fake stairs which you can place over invisible modular stairs so that it looks like it's the fixed one, but in reality what they are using is a modular one which allows more Sims. It's available on Leefish. Not all fixed staircases are included, but worth knowing about either way

Page 282 of 580