Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 9:59 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 6th Jan 2016 at 10:31 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is this the Blue Lot issue
Is this the blue lot issue or could it be something else?

Lot is green not blue, and building and people and objects are still there, but it is sunken. ( I do have a lighting mod that might be why the color difference)

I took this picture when it happened as I thought it was the blue lot bug and wanted a photo of what objects where on the lot.

I have tried to duplicate the glitch with the save I had before it happened and have not have not been able to duplicate. the Save however was from quite a bit before. Dashboard does not detect any corrupt packages.

I did get a lot of error trap messages before it happened and have narrowed down that I get them when I put jinx rabbit hole rug on my residential lot and not when I do not.

World is Build Town II v2 - I was setting up a photo shot. I exited the lot to town edit to delete the only other family in the Hood. When I "Returned to Game" this is what greeted me.

And the only objects on the lot you can't see is Jinks Grocery Rug, and Mutske_Dive_Window_1x1.
There is only one other lot in the hood and it is just a shell with the same store door, and a different window from the mutske set.

It if is blue lot does the object causing it have to be one used on the Lot effected?

Does it have to be a build or buy object? Or can it be a pattern, or where they made with other tools? I ask because had also edited a Sim in CAS and placed with patterns before this happened.

from Game help: The cause of this issue is custom content objects made with a version of S3OC released prior to 13 Dec 2009.... This issue only affects objects made with that particular program - other content such as patterns and sim content made with other tools do not appear to cause any problems.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 8:35 AM
Hi Lowrisim, yes, I think that it is the blue lot issue (even if I don't exactly remember). Probably you have added some corrupted cc to your lot after your last normal save. If you can remember what you have done just before the corrupted save, you could easily find the culprit. Use the Dashboard.

Don't forget that Sims3packs can be corrupted. Convert them to packages (with the Sims3pack multiinstaller) before checking them with Delphy's Dashboard. And just in case: Never install Sims 3 cc before making sure that it is OK (cf blue lot issue + pets patch).

Good luck!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 8:25 PM Last edited by lowrisim : 7th Jan 2016 at 10:26 PM.
Thanks Mehrlict: Still at a loss.

1. Dash board shows no corrupted CC packages. but could have been ones converted to packs as you point out.

2. I am pretty sure I know everything that was on the lot. Most were store items or thing I have used often or TSR items that were likely made with their tool but I still tested everything even the store stuff to see if I could get it to do it again.

3. I can NOT duplicte the error. And I have tried.
I put every item back on the lot, went to town edit, the other lot, Create a Sim. Tired deleting the other family when they were in the rabbit hole rug to see if that was it, then back to lot, but never went "blue"

4. Since my game is post pet patched I normally check all CC to make sure it is post that patch or updated for it which would be long after items that caused the blue lot would have been updated.

So I am left scratching my head.

ideas?
1. Could it be a pattern or Clothing (I was under the impress that NO it can not be as they were made with other tools)

2. Does it have to be an item on that lot at the time the lot went blue? I know bad CC can cause problems even when not in use but I thought this one was a issue when items on that lot was read on return to the lot.

3. Could Error Trap be working to keep it from happening and why it does not repeat?

Could this just be a graphic glitch were the LOT land doesn't load but comes back and not a true blue lot and I just panicked? Because the building and people are there. And don't they also disappear with the blue lot. Not sure you get the sink in with that glitch though.

again HELP!
Scholar
#4 Old 7th Jan 2016 at 9:47 PM
I am not an expert and hope that more advanced people will help you. If it is not the blue lot issue, I can't help...Sorry. If it is the blue lot issue, it means that one or more files on your lot are corrupted. You tell that before your corrupted save you had a normal one, without any issue (if I well understand). Well, maybe you have added one or several items that were corrupted: Packages or Sims3packs.If you remember what you have added, you have just to test it. If not, you should convert your sims3packs to packages and check them carefully. If you find corrupted files, you have to uninstall them with the launcher before replacing them with the fixed files.
Maybe it is not the blue lot.

What I would do if I were you: Carefully keep the last normal save.
Be patient until an expert player rescues you....!
P.S. I have tons of cc, but just a few mods and hacks. I don't have Error trap.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 12:31 AM
Hmm.. and the big question how do I figure out what caused it when I can't duplicate it?
Alchemist
#6 Old 8th Jan 2016 at 9:43 PM
How old is the world itself? Are you sure it doesn't come with CC of its own? Some worlds have CC bundled into them, which will show up in the Launcher and which you cannot uninstall unless you uninstall the world first.

I haven't had issues with Jynx or Mutske's CC before... Make sure the store content you installed isn't corrupt in some way.

Or it could just be a once-in-a-lifetime glitch. I once got blue lots when returning from a vacation, having changed absolutely nothing in terms of installed content. Reloaded the save, returned home, no blue lots.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#7 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 7:34 PM
A true "blue lot" can be caused by anything, even if it's not in the current lot, but they were all created with a version of S3OC that was released well before Pets, and was not available once it was discovered that it caused a problem. (Although some people misunderstood the nature of the problem and thought it was possible to fix the issue by converting packages to Sims3packs. So there are still sims3packs with bad CC in them.) Inge and Peter discovered that the blue color was actually a hole in the world where the lot used to be, and you are seeing the sky through the hole. With the lot being green rather than blue, it seems more likely that you are seeing the water table.

If Dashboard doesn't show anything that causes blue-lots, you are sure that everything is updated at least for Pets, and you cannot reproduce the issue, I would just start making sure that each time you play that game you "Save As" every 15 minutes or so, and keep rotating between GameA, GameB, Game C, and possibly GameD. As long as the problem doesn't reproduce, it's nothing you can really do much about. If it ever does, you haven't lost much because you have a save from a few minutes ago. (It's also not a bad idea to have Dashboard check your DCBackup folder. If it finds something in there that is corrupt, it means that one or more of your Sims3Packs has a problem file in it. Determining which one is a long process of installing one sims3pack, checking the dccache and dcbackup to see if all is still good, and then getting rid of what you just installed if it turns out to be bad, or deciding that you can live with it if it's something that is a non-issue. )

I have Build Town 2. It is an older world, but she doesn't have CC in it, although I believe version 2 does have spawners. I am fairly certain that she remembered not to put spawners on a lot, though. I know she was part of the discussion where we determined that spawners did, indeed, duplicate when a lot is rotated and having 12 spawners on a lot gets problematic very quickly.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 1:43 AM
Thank You, Ghost, very helpful. I did not know about dash board being able to check my DCBackup folder. Will have to work on that.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jan 2016 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lowrisim
Thank You, Ghost, very helpful. I did not know about dash board being able to check my DCBackup folder. Will have to work on that.

Just a suggestion if I may. If you are considering using the dashboard for monitoring files other than those in the Mods/Packages folder please take a look at Nona Mena's Understanding Mod and CC Conflicts with Delphy's Dashboard specifically the section Using and Understanding Delphy's Dashboard. It is an excellent read with illustrations and she also explains mods and cc conflicts and how to read them.