Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 11:52 PM
Default PiQ Magazine
NewType USA has decided to not bother paying for the name of NewType and translating it into English, and has brought us a replacement magazine - titled PiQ.

The first issue, to me, wasn't much to brag about. It's smaller, they have no fanart section, and some of the worst ideas in the 'review' section.

Included are: the new Sweeny Todd movie; The up-coming Speed Racer movie; something about Marvel comics for three pages; five pages of Avatar the Last Airbender; four pages on Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles; two pages of Tin Man (Sci-Fi channel); Tweeny Witches; Battlestar Galactica (Sci-Fi); Frisky Dingo (Adult Swim); Justice Society of America vol2: Thy Kingdom Come Part 1 (a DC Comic); Independence Day; The Ten-Cent Plague (a book about American comics); LARPing for four pages; five pages onLegend Entertainment, interview with the co-founder of Legend Entertainment; and at the end, 16 pages of Shin-Chan comics.

The only truly anime things I see in the issue are Fullmetal Alchemist, Aquarian, Appleseed, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, Dororo, Kite Liberator, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, XXXHolic, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, a Japanese movie based on a manga, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Ohayocon, a page of Con dates, A big article titled "Is Anime Dead?" (to which a friend of mine replied, "try harder, aim for the heart this time"), Naruto games, some other games, and a few advertisements.

Most articles, for anime or not, are only a few paragraphs long, not even one quarter of a page! Bit it seems Apollo Justice and Fullmetal got the longest for anime.
there are no 'reviews' anymore and there is no manga section. Nothing is kept separate anymore. In fact, Independence Day is on the page opposite to Fullmetal, to which I reply "Do not want..."
On the page with Code Geass, I had to search for the title of show within the text.
Given that this is a replacement for one of the largest anime magazines in America, shouldn't it be about anime?