Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:50 PM
Default Live mode without active quest?
I have only been playing for a while, but it appears to me that there is no way to enter live mode without an active quest. Is that true? Some of the posts on here seemed to suggest otherwise, but I might just have misread. I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:57 PM
If you open the cheat window and enter "showallquests", you should see "Free Time" under there. This is the "quest" you want.

The Free Time quest is intended to let you play Sims without having to quest, or deal with responsibilities, and lets you switch between Sims as well. This is the only way to enter live mode without a proper quest.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:02 AM
From what I understand, (I haven't made it to the end yet), once you run out of QP you have finished this kingdom and it unlocks the free quest. Now if you have enabled the cheat command, how-to here, you can Ctrl + Shift + C and type in "ShowAllQuests" (w/out the quotes) when you're on the kingdom page. Then next time you pull up your quests, you should see ALL the available quests, just choose the free quest (or freetime - can't remember! ). I've seen this, but I haven't done it yet!
ENJOY!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
If you open the cheat window and enter "showallquests", you should see "Free Time" under there. This is the "quest" you want.

The Free Time quest is intended to let you play Sims without having to quest, or deal with responsibilities, and lets you switch between Sims as well. This is the only way to enter live mode without a proper quest.

Ha!Ha!Ha!
We most have been typing at the same time!!! LOL :D

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:38 AM
Yeah, that happens a lot on message boards!

I've actually done the Free Time quest, so I can vouch that the cheat definitely works. I'm doing it in between going on quests, actually, although it's designed to be played at the end of your quests/ambition, as jbeach says.