Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:30 PM
Default The Doomsword.
Right so here's the thing, I've recently acquired the Doomsword and the book, not the hilt tho, (if anyone know's how to get it ..appreciated :P)

But i've acquired it all with my King, now obviously it needs to be forged by a blacksmith. I've tried every interaction at the blacksmith there is to get him to forge it, yet i've got no clue how to do it.

So if anyone could shed some more light on this, cheers !
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 11:42 PM
The hilt and blade can both be found in the monster pit at least that was the case in my game. I haven't found an easy way to transfer stuff if there is one nor have i found a way to comission your blacksmith to make something while on another hero. However what i've been doing is opening an item like the blacksmiths forge and dumping items inside it with one hero and retrieving it with another.

I'll be honest the doom sword after making it is questionable in its use. The thing gives you a -50 focus buff anytime you have it out which of course makes your sim worse at sword fighting.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:52 AM
To give the Blacksmith the Hilt and Blade:
1) Go to Blacksmith's house
2) Check Forge inventory
3) Place Blade and Hilt in Forge inventory

To give the Blacksmith the book:
2) Buy bookshelf
3) Open bookshelf
4) Place book in bookshelf

Now both items will be accessable by the Blacksmith. Good luck!
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 8:34 AM
Default blacksmith shop
While I haven't tried it, I assume both book, blade and hilt can be dropped into the little shop the blacksmith has on the side of their house. I've dumped meat and seeds there at one point across heroes, so assume everything should be fine.

Having acquired the blade and the hilt with a somewhat suicidal Knight from the pit of the beast, where does the book come from?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 8:45 AM
You can drag and drop things to the blacksmith sim if you happen to have them on screen.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:51 AM
how do you get the pieces from the pit without a sim dying?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 12:33 PM
Cheers for the reply !
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:11 PM
I threw my knight in the pit and she died so I don't know if there's an easier way to retrieve the items without dying. At this point, I'd say, just throw a lvl 1 sim in there that you can replace easily.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:20 PM
The higher the XP level, the less chance of dying. So my level five Sim would have a better chance than my level one Sim is surviving. There's always the possibility of dying no matter what the level, though.
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 9:52 PM
If you give the beast some meat before fighting it, then you can easily defeat it (well, most of the time).
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaIME
You can drag and drop things to the blacksmith sim if you happen to have them on screen.

You can also look him up in the relationships panel and set a marking on him. With right-click on the blue mark, the camera will focus on the blacksmith. Then simply open the king's inventory and drag-drop the book on the blacksmith.
Dragging and dropping works mostly all over the game, e.g. the merchant/blaksmith can drop goods for sale on their market stand without going to it.
Or you can forge some good equiment and give it to your knight, spy, monarch or sorcerer.
You can also exchange herbs, metals and stuff between your sims.
Test Subject
#12 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 2:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LoonehWannabe
To give the Blacksmith the Hilt and Blade:
2) Check Forge inventory
3) Place Blade and Hilt in Forge inventory

To give the Blacksmith the book:
2) Buy bookshelf
3) Open bookshelf
4) Place book in bookshelf

Now both items will be accessable by the Blacksmith. Good luck!

It worked with the blade, but once i place the books in the bookshelf they disappear. T_T
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:28 AM
Really? It worked for me...

It might have been because I was doing freeplay. Did you open the bookshelf first? If you try to drag them they go back to your inventory. Check your current Sim's inventory to see if it's still there.