Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:32 PM
UI gone?
Did anyone else get this problem with this new patch? I read that someone had an issue with the UI disappearing because of the move objects-mod, but I removed that before starting up my newly patched game.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:34 PM
It's because of another mod, the one that made it so you could look at your sims panels while at work or school I think
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 10:32 PM
I had a disappearing UI thanks to the fogity menu enabler mod. Once I took that out, it worked like normal again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 12:14 AM
With the new patch you can view everything while they're at work so that mod is now obsolete.
Instructor
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 4:35 AM
This.
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
I had a disappearing UI thanks to the fogity menu enabler mod. Once I took that out, it worked like normal again.

Nailed it.

To be clear, Fogity Menu Enabler Mod. I guess Fogity should be proud because it seems that A LOT of people were using his mod based on the number of posts I'm seeing around the forums regarding this issue.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 3:05 PM
Yes, I have now retired my mod and it should be removed.

The reason the UI disappears is probably due them changing parts of the integration between different UI elements leading to an error when trying to call "my" code. Or it could be something else, I don't really care to investigate.

But this is not the first of my mod that has influenced new features (the highlight hiding cheat was added after my mod), so I guess you should ask me to make a mod if you want them to add something to the game.
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fogity

But this is not the first of my mod that has influenced new features (the highlight hiding cheat was added after my mod), so I guess you should ask me to make a mod if you want them to add something to the game.

Fogity is 100% right, once I asked HIM about the possibility to add age to the sim's nameplate and... they did it LOL.
Theorist
#8 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 5:26 PM

In that case, can you make a seasons mod, toddler mod, vacations mod, story progression mod, world editor mod, nightlife mod, apartment mod, mortgage mod, career mod that includes six new professions, a school mod, a town hall mod, a mod for a mod, etc...ya know the whole shabang.
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 8:27 PM
All Hail Fogity.
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
In that case, can you make a seasons mod, toddler mod, vacations mod, story progression mod, world editor mod, nightlife mod, apartment mod, mortgage mod, career mod that includes six new professions, a school mod, a town hall mod, a mod for a mod, etc...ya know the whole shabang.

Fogity is going to be busy for a while.

Please add an open-neighborhoods mod too while your at it
Sockpuppet
#10 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:05 AM

pls add a m-preg mod
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
With the new patch you can view everything while they're at work so that mod is now obsolete.

I thought so! I was getting a bit lost in what I had already added and removed when I was trying to figure out what mod was messing my game up and then noticed this afterwards.

I dunno why EA didn't make the menus viewable at work straight from the off, but hey, better late than never.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:24 PM
Yeah. Fogity's menu enabler was a necessity before they enabled it in the patch. It made no sense to not be able to see motives or anything while at work.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:44 PM
I guess you should ask me to make a mod if you want them to add something to the game.

Oh, and to add to the long list of requests, a mod to stop time at one lot while playing another....

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 3:58 PM
Many thanks!
I was having the same problem
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 3:59 PM
I actually noticed this thread after I deleted the mod, I noticed this issue minutes ago
#16 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Crystalline~
pls add a m-preg mod

I know of this one.