Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:58 PM
Default Second hand games and registrations
I need some advice, guys. I'm currently tracking down disc version of the ep's and sp's that I only have digital versions of. What I was wondering about is... if I buy second hand games and most likely those are already once registered, how does that affect to the registration rewards I already have from the store and the store + my store account in general? Or does the store react to that at all, especially if origin is not involved in the installation? All thoughts are appreciated.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:33 PM
You have a legally registered copy of the EP, so you are legally entitled to the registration rewards. I'm not going to guarantee that the Store does not check to see if your EP is still the digital version or if you've gotten a disc replacement but when I was reinstalling Sims 3 on my computer I couldn't find my base game disc so I used a digital replacement. Then the disc turned up. The only way this ended up biting me in the butt was when I was patching to 1.67 and forgot that I needed the digital download version of the patch, not the disc version, and my connection was so slow that I spent 20 minutes downloading the wrong patch.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 9:31 PM
Well, my base game is the original first release version on disc. I guess I was afraid that if I mixed second hand versions of the EP's and SP's on my computer on top of the ones I already have registered, the store would somehow go wonky on me. But maybe it doesn't really notice such things, as long as the player has a valid account there.
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
I need some advice, guys. I'm currently tracking down disc version of the ep's and sp's that I only have digital versions of. What I was wondering about is... if I buy second hand games and most likely those are already once registered, how does that affect to the registration rewards I already have from the store and the store + my store account in general? Or does the store react to that at all, especially if origin is not involved in the installation? All thoughts are appreciated.

I bought one expansion pack on ebay once and found I had to use the name registered originally along with the numbers on the pack. I contacted the person about that and she gave it to me. It worked.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 4:01 PM
I may be a complete fool here, but I take my chances anyway. Do you really need to register the second hand game? You already have registered the original one, so you should already have it.