Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 18 of 21
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#426 Old 2nd May 2012 at 8:17 PM
^^I've been playing in Jericho and it's very lovely, I love that it has too schools and the dark atmosphere. I've been playing my more sinister sims in Jericho...I'm very excited about the Showtime version. Will it only be available on MTS or will you have a Jericho update version on the official forums? Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#427 Old 3rd May 2012 at 11:11 PM
This world is amazing. When I downloaded it I went through every single lot, and I'm so impressed by the work you've done. To be honest I don't share your taste in interior decorating - which is just me being picky! - but the care you took with landscaping and integrating your lots into the world is too great for words. I'm going to get Showtime only when Jericho is updated for it. There's no point otherwise.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#428 Old 6th May 2012 at 5:30 AM
I love the world it's beautiful but it lags quite a bit. The game's animations are still moving(plum bomb spins, trees still sway) but time freezes along with my Sims! Sometimes for up to 5 minutes! None of the default worlds do this, anyone know how to fix this?
Test Subject
#429 Old 6th May 2012 at 11:31 AM Last edited by Wirrith : 7th May 2012 at 1:58 AM.
I really would like to play this game, but an issue I'm having is it's stuck in the loading screen. I already picked a house and clicked to start with that household, but it never loads in no matter how long I wait. I'm not really sure what my base game is at or how to check, but I should be able to run it.

Edit: Nevermind, it was an issue with one of my mods, I'm able to run it now. I wish you could go into ALL the buildings, but I'm amazed how big this town is, great job, dude.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#430 Old 7th May 2012 at 12:45 PM
Simsdestroyer- Thanks for the compliment! It's not always dark in Jericho, you know... For the Showtime update, it will probably only be on MTS as I can never get worlds uploaded to the exchange. Jericho was uploaded to the exchange by someone else, and EA haven't removed that yet.

Aesshen- Thanks for the great comment! Hey, Jericho is not necessarily decorated to my taste- it's decorated for specific characters I had in mind. So the B&B is decorated to Mrs Dudgeon's style, the trailers are just run down, the French houses are decorated in a country style. One house is a replica of my Grandmother's home, so not my idea of tasteful! It doesn't matter how you decorate a world, you will never get it to everyone's taste, so I decided to decorate Jericho for my sims (since it's easy enough for players to change the decor, anyway). The community lots are based on real places or perhaps decorated to suit the purpose/ neighbourhood, so again they are not how I would decorate my real life house. If you get Showtime now, you could beta test the Showtime update for me. That will help things along, as I can't update until the new version has been bug tested.

Awesomegamer47- Sounds like you have a stuck sim somewhere, take a look at the first page (overview tab). There are some ways to diagnose routing problems under 'Performance'. If you find a stuck sim, you could let me know where, in case it's a world problem.

Wirrith- Glad you got it fixed! What do you mean by 'wish you could go into all buildings'? Are you referring to the rabbitholes? You can go into all of the buildings in Jericho- all rabbitholes and lots are useable, none are 'dummy' or 'decorative'. The only fake buildings are the old station and the barn, but those are just objects.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#431 Old 9th May 2012 at 2:08 AM
Downloading because power windows is one of my favorite Rush albums.

Great work!
Test Subject
#432 Old 11th May 2012 at 9:05 PM
Default Probably a Silly Question...
I have been looking for a good custom world for Sims 3 and haven't found anything yet that I've been happy with. This one looks amazing and after all the good feedback I REALLY wanted to try it.

Unfortunately I seem to be either having trouble or an extreme stupid attack when trying to install it. I downloaded the 12 .rar files to one folder, renamed them but I can't extract any of them...Is this a "me" problem? Am I missing something?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#433 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:05 PM
I've been playing this for two days now. It's exactly the kind of world I'd build for the sims.. (if I could build a world... I can't figure out road placement although I finally made a decent looking map.) It feels gritty and dirty.. which gives it a more realistic feel. I noticed there's a lot called Danforth Care Clinic that has nothing on it. Is there supposed to be something there? Anyway, I think I'm going to stick the Karaoke bar there..or maybe the coffee house. Just so there's something from Showtime in there. Seems like a good place for that to go. Thanks a lot for this world.. Like everyone else said, it is simply amazing.
Test Subject
#434 Old 15th May 2012 at 12:48 AM
What a mess to download and install
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#435 Old 19th May 2012 at 2:01 PM Last edited by odettem : 20th May 2012 at 3:52 AM.
This world has made playing excited again. I have been playing since Sims 1 and I have the same feeling playing this world as when I get an EP. This must have been so hard to make, thank you so much! I love this world, I wanted to download the other world you have on your sims 3 showcase but it says that I am need to update my game which I guess I will need to find a work around
Test Subject
#436 Old 24th May 2012 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vyvexthorne
I've been playing this for two days now. It's exactly the kind of world I'd build for the sims.. (if I could build a world... I can't figure out road placement although I finally made a decent looking map.) It feels gritty and dirty.. which gives it a more realistic feel. I noticed there's a lot called Danforth Care Clinic that has nothing on it. Is there supposed to be something there? Anyway, I think I'm going to stick the Karaoke bar there..or maybe the coffee house. Just so there's something from Showtime in there. Seems like a good place for that to go. Thanks a lot for this world.. Like everyone else said, it is simply amazing.

It seems you didn't have Riverview installed? Cause I used to have this issue last time too. Try installing Riverview, at least that's how I fixed mine. However, it'll only appear if you restart the neighbourhood again.
Lab Assistant
#437 Old 31st May 2012 at 3:37 PM
Just a question...

I was going to download your families from the exchange today and it seems like everything is hidden. Will they ever be back up for download again?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#438 Old 1st Jun 2012 at 6:45 PM
Thank you so much for this beautiful world, i have played with many worlds but Jericho is my favorite. Great job...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#439 Old 6th Jun 2012 at 8:04 PM
Wow! Love it!
Test Subject
#440 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:45 AM Last edited by simsample : 8th Jun 2012 at 1:38 PM. Reason: Removed large quote
Hi. I have downloaded the beta Jericho a few weeks back and have been using it ever since. The city has been running smooth and haven't had any crashes yet unlike others I have tried. The town is laid out well and has plenty of room to expand. One thing I noticed is I have been playing some vampire sims and couldn't find a hospital to raid for blood. Maybe I missed it among all the other buildings.

I would have posted this in the beta thread but that seems kaput since my last visit.

Anyways, I hope to see a finalized version soon and thanks for the upload.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#441 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 1:49 PM
TheNoobAvenger-Thank you, Noob- I'm glad you like Jericho and Power Windows!

lcmarlowe- Follow the instructions on the 'Install Instructions' tab. If you still have problems, try the alternative download on the first post.

vyvexthorne- Yes, the Danforth care clinic is supposed to have a hospital on it. I used the hospital from Riverview, and some people have found that object to be troublesoms (as well as the spa). Perhaps you could place a hospital there yourself, or build one elsewhere. I'm glad you like Jericho, thanks for the nice comment!

Qiph- I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with split archives, we have a 10MB limit for file uploads on this site which is why splitting is necessary. Did you try the alternative link on the first page, or did you not see that?

odettem- Thanks for the lovely comment! I'm glad you like Jericho. Sorry you couldn't get the other worlds to install, I'm going to update those one day so maybe you'll be able to get them working then!

hera19- Thanks for your help!

E-Double- Yes, I removed them as I was trying to get something large uploaded to the exchange. I'll look to reuploading them if I can very soon!

gamemagg- Thank you for the lovely comment, and thanks again for your help on the other site! :lovestruc

Jazzlucy- Wow, thank you- I'm glad you do!

MrDarkSim- Thank you for testing! I've put the Showtime version on hold for a while since I've been caught up in real life things, but I hope to get back to it very soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#442 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Awesomegamer47 : 25th Jun 2012 at 5:19 AM.
Im having the same problem even with Nraas story progression installed. Sometimes the world freezes(Sims freeze - literally freeze whatever their current thing is they're doing the freeze in the animation, this happens to all Sims in the world - but the plumbomb still spins and the trees still sway) Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Do you need a video to see what my problem is? (Also I do not have a bad computer, I'm running a Hex core processor and 8GB's of RAM which is the only places I could see this being a hardware problem.) (p.s.s I also tried the over watch mod method, it also changed nothing.)
Test Subject
#443 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 11:05 PM
This looks like a really nice world and I'm going to download it but does it have Unicorns? lol I am curious because I have Setra by Pyronium3 and there are NO unicorns! Last night I spent 4 sim days, scrolling all around that entire world and there was not a single unicorn. Anyways, I just wanted to know about unicorns and other wildlife in Jericho. Thanks!
Test Subject
#444 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Awesomegamer47
Im having the same problem even with Nraas story progression installed. Sometimes the world freezes(Sims freeze - literally freeze whatever their current thing is they're doing the freeze in the animation, this happens to all Sims in the world - but the plumbomb still spins and the trees still sway) Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Do you need a video to see what my problem is?

This happens to me as well in almost every world I have. When it happens, I can't even click anything or change the view on the screen even though the plumbob and trees and water and other stuff stay in motion ..Sometimes it unfreezes and sometimes it will just stay that way and I have to end the whole game and lose any unsaved progress. I think this has something to do with RAM or something. But my computer is fairly good with 750GB and 3GB RAM straight out the box...I get this problem even more after I installed Story Progression.
Test Subject
#445 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 3:52 AM
When i try extracting the files, my extractor program says the files are corrupted and the folder contains nothing in it. Same thing happened with the Sentra world map too. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#446 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:18 PM
I love the pictures and all the great reviews that I saw about this world. But, when I downloaded it the Launcher said that I needed to update software, but my game is up to date. I updated the game software just last week.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#447 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 11:41 AM
I think, part12 is broken.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#448 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 9:38 AM
FANTASTIC!!! I tried making my own worlds and almost threw my pc out the window in the process, so I've been looking for some unique worlds to download. YAY
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#449 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 3:26 PM
Thank you all for downloading and posting!

Awesomegamer47: Check that you don't have a stuck sim; details in the first post about that.

wpmorris- This world does have unicorns; I believe that Setra does not since it is flagged as a city. However, this world is a suburb. I usually see the Unicorns by the lake in this world. For your system specs, 3GB is probably not enough to run this world or Setra- you really need around 4Gb to make the game work well, especially if you have Custom Content or are using Story Progression mods.

maxitaxi93- Did you try the alternative download in the first post?

kmin123- Make sure you have all of the latest patches and be sure that your EPs and Sps are updated, too. Check out the patch table here for links- click [More info] by 2011 to see the EP patch links.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...elp:Patch_Table

amyleesims- It works fine for me, try clearing your browser caches and redownloading. If you use a download manager, turn it off.

Feralness- Thanks for the lovely comment, I'm glad you like it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#450 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 7:06 PM
Thanks can't wait to try!
Page 18 of 21