Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 21
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#126 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 11:06 AM
Aww, thank you F-X! *Kisses F-X back* Glad you like it, Sandy!
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 11:09 AM
Absolutely incredible. I have been playing it for a week and have not even touched any other worlds.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#128 Old 19th Jan 2012 at 12:01 PM
Thanks for downloading, Kindergoat54- I'm glad you like it and are not finding any problems!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 8:48 PM
I waited until I played for a few days before I commented...
This is amazing. The most beautiful world I have played in. Everything is done to perfection.
My only issue is lagging and disappearing sims. I think they may be getting stuck somewhere. Of course, it could just be a conflict in my mods, but I haven't installed anything different since installing Jericho.
The lag I think is to do with weather. Would following that link to modding/removing (I'm loathe to remove it; it's beautiful!) weather?

Thank you thank you thank you for a fantastic and beautiful world!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:01 AM
Am I doing something wrong? Downloaded, extracted everything, everything seemed find, extraction was successful, but it crashed during my loading screen trying to start a game on it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:45 PM
ThePhantomFly---x- Thank you for your nice comments! For the lagging, you could diagnose the problem by using the mods mentioned in the first post, under the 'Performance' heading. For disappearing sims, I've never encountered that before- in what circumstances are they vanishing? For your mods, bear in mind that certain mods- such as Twallan's Story Progression or Awesomemod- can increase the resource overhead of the game somewhat, depending upon the settings. So you might want to check your mod settings and reduce them- for example, in Twallan's Story Progression, increase the time between scoring, impose a maximum number of sims, reduce homeless. I also have used Overwatch to reduce the number of wild horses, as they do stupid things and get stuck in all worlds! There are also some tips in the first post for increasing performance. The weather should not have any impact on performance- EA worlds (Sunset, Bridgeport, Twinbrook, the vacation worlds) have weather parameters too, and in fact the files I've used for my world are extracted from Bridgeport/ France and modified to give different colours and clouds. If you really want to remove the weather, please see my comments in post#131. I hope this helps!

Moddingisfun124- A number of possibilities spring to mind, the most obvious would be that you don't have the right game version or EPs. What is your basegame version, and which EPs do you have?

Thank you both for downloading!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:35 PM
is there people in each house or do I have to add my own? and Is the pet spaners?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#133 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:04 PM
s3fan- As mentioned in the first post:

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Jericho is unpopulated. As you play, sims will be moved into the neighbourhood, or you can move your own sims in.

There are small animal/ bird spawners on some of the lots; also the basegame metal/seed spawners will spawn small animals and birds, too.
Test Subject
#134 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 10:00 PM Last edited by simsample : 21st Jan 2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Merged posts
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
s3fan- As mentioned in the first post:

There are small animal/ bird spawners on some of the lots; also the basegame metal/seed spawners will spawn small animals and birds, too.

So will there be stray dogs and cats running around and the people who live in Jericho have dogs/cats/horses?

And also can you make a youtube video showing the town around?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#135 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by s3fan
So will there be stray dogs and cats running around and the people who live in Jericho have dogs/cats/horses?

By default, the game will spawn stray dogs, cats and wild horses, and one unicorn. Depending upon your population and how fast your computer is, you might have to wait for a few days for these to start showing up.

There are no spawner objects for cats, dogs, deer and horses- these are controlled by the game engine. So I have no control over where or how these appear in your game, but you can control it by mods if you wish. In my game, I use Twallan's Register mod to limit the number of wild horses and increase the number of deer, so you could do the same if you wanted. The spawners I mentioned earlier are for the small animals (turtles, snakes, rodents, birds).

How many horses, cats and dogs your playable sims choose to own is up to you, and how many of these your non-playable sims have is dependant upon your computer specs and which Story Progression you use.

Quote: Originally posted by s3fan
And also can you make a youtube video showing the town around?

No, but there are links in the main post to a movie of the world flyover, as well as links to around a thousand images of the world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:33 AM
I would translate this neighbourhood to french, but I dont know the way to do it.
Would you contact me to do that?
Obviously, thank you for this great upload
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#137 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 1:13 PM
Beautiful! Thank you and also thanks for the alternate download.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#138 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:15 PM
sismik- I'm glad you like Jericho, thank you for commenting! If you wanted to translate Jericho into French it would be a very time-consuming project. You would need to download the CAW files from the first post, and change the world description, lot names, lot addresses, lot descriptions and each of the many, many readable plaques that are in the world. The only written Latin script in the world is Ayrton Senna's signature on a billboard- the rest is in Simlish font- so you wouldn't need to retexture, but still I think translation would be difficult to do! Are you planning to do this?

Garambola- Thanks for the great comment! I'm glad that you like it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:38 PM
Finally this world is featured. This world shows AMAZING talent and attention to detail. 5 stars!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#140 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:40 PM
Awesome job

I tried creating an 18th century world once with CAW cherry-blossom ridge was the name. I got like 20% done and said forget this, it was so hard! Ill stick to 2D design and meshing XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#141 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 1:17 AM
hmm..... reminds me of a show back in 2007. It was called Jericho. It was about how the us was bombed or something and this little town in Kansas was not hit and stuff. Anyways awesome town. Will download when i find out how and if my computer wont get any slower.
Test Subject
#142 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:27 AM
This world looks amazing, but while trying to extract it with 7-zip, I get an error stating: "CRC failed in 'Jericho.Sims3Pack'. File is broken." Help with this would be awesome.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#143 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scamander14
Finally this world is featured. This world shows AMAZING talent and attention to detail. 5 stars!!!

Yes, all Featured Items are game tested by the moderators before featuring - testing this one took a while.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#144 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:42 AM
I had already fixed the stuck check to true/false, but I'll try diagnosing the problem!
The sims disappearing is like what was happening in Bridgeport. They're more stuck. I have Overwatch installed and it constantly comes up with 10-20 stuck sims/horses a night and about 50 stuck cars. And every few sim hours I get major lag that clears up when I do a cleanup or reset town. Again, this could just be my mods.
I'm using my boyfriend's high-end gaming computer, so it shouldn't be freezing.
I run the homeless out every few nights, but I'll definitely try restricting populations or sims and horses!
I wont touch the weather, since it's so lovely.

I'll try some things tonight and get back to you.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#145 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 8:49 AM
I'm so glad it is finally featured - congratulations! It is well deserved!
Once again, you've done an amazing job!
BTW, I've exported your weather to one of my small worlds, since I can't play Jericho due Pets higher requirements (I've tried, but still get memory errors and freezes) and I must say it does not only look great but changes in the most convenient pace.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 12:34 PM
Thanks all for your lovely comments!

scamander14- thank you, I hope you grabbed the CAW files after all!

TDC95- Don't give up, creating worlds is fun!

redfoxlala- Never seen that one, although it sounds good! There have been a couple of other TV shows called 'Jericho' that I can think of, too. I actually got the idea for the name from an organisation in a sci-fi show.

espmh50- Try clearing your browser cache and redownloading, if that fails try the alternative download link.

leesester- Thanks for testing it, I appreciate the feature! :D

ThePhantomFly---x- Stuck horses seems to happen in all worlds I've played, EA or custom. I think their routing is just flawed. Cars- that's an EA bug too, Overwatch is just cleaning them up. For stuck sims- where are they getting stuck? Turn off the auto reset and install SecondImage, and then you will be able to click on the sim's portrait in the warning panel to find them. Stuck aging checks and stationary sims are normal if they are behind registers/ bars- the game is just reporting that it can't move or age the sim due to it being assigned to a role. I've played through three generations so far with 200+ sims in the world, with no routing problems so I'd be interested to know if you are finding a glitch.

Miuki- I'm glad you like the weather! I'm working on a tutorial based on the information gathered in the CAW forum thread, so hopefully I'll get that up soon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 1:01 PM
I would honestly buy Generations and Pets JUST for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:41 PM
I dislike being repetitive since many people above have already said so, but still, I have to say that the amount of work (and very well made work) you put into this is amazing. I have not played with it yet, but loaded it after intalling and spent a couple of hours just going through most of the lots. Everything, homes, venues, public areas is so carefully and creatively done. And also, your attention to detail, such as changing the colors of lights or the clutter in the rooms. Thank you and our greatest congratulations.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:06 PM
Thank you for your great comments, Darkspectar and Man1968!

Man1968, I must say I'm a stickler for detail; I had to learn how to do a lot of things (import layers from EA worlds, sea/sky parameters, water planes) to make this world how I wanted it. Sometimes though I get too fixated on the detail, which is why it took me almost two years to make this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#150 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 5:35 PM
A shame true Jericho doesn't resemble yours
Page 6 of 21