Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 6:53 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 27th Sep 2020 at 2:12 AM. Reason: This is not an actual problem
Default Husband always near Wife, so annoying
Hello everybody who is reading this

I have something in my game, or it could just be part of the game but my male sim is always around my female sim, if his bladder, hunger etc. is low, he will ignore his needs just to be with that sim, you probably think that's so sweet, yes at first it is, but then it gets really annoying, I even give him loads of attention but he still follows her around. Like for example: She's in a bathroom, he is in another bathroom like upstairs he comes down to do his business in the toilet that she is on and if she is preparing some food, he will come and do a sponge bath in the sink and shoo everyone off and it's so anoying.
Thanks for reading my post.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:05 PM
Haha, I remember that from vanilla game. She was peeing in toilet at second floor and he went wash dishes in that toilet rather than in kitchen sink. He is probably family sim and has with her triple-bolt chemistry. Family sims are that kind of bitches.

I will recommend you Self Preservation mod so he will take care of his needs if needed.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:30 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 6th Jul 2017 at 11:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Haha, I remember that from vanilla game. She was peeing in toilet at second floor and he went wash dishes in that toilet rather than in kitchen sink. He is probably family sim and has with her triple-bolt chemistry. Family sims are that kind of bitches.

I will recommend you Self Preservation mod so he will take care of his needs if needed.

Thanks Anna, I thought it was a bug, how annoying that EA made the game like that

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 9:51 PM
Those extreme three-bolters are awful, I try to avoid them, but if they're already married, changing their chemistry helps.

You can do it manually (if her turn-off is glasses, let him wear glasses, and so on).

Or, because maxis chemistry doesn't work so well, Cyjon's pizza box is the best tool available to put their chemistry at the lowest possible level. It lets you know exactly what the score is, from him to her and her to him, [Information... My chemistry with...], so you can check whether any changes you made were effective.
If I don't succeed manually, I hit "Randomize my TO's" a few times for both sims, each time checking what the scores are, until they're set as low as possible, low enough that the suicidal behaviour will stop.

Couples with the same personality, especially if they also share the same aspiration, will always be a pain to play, whatever their aspiration is, especially in a small household where you can't ignore them and focus on others sims, but giving them the worst possible chemistry definitely helps, good luck!
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 10:55 AM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 27th Sep 2020 at 2:15 AM. Reason: ehem, my language wasn't great at 12...
Thanks I forgot to tell you but my sims both have two bolters, but I think they both have the same personality, dang when he or she is near I feel like kicking their butt to the ocean, yes that's probably a mean thing to do but it just brings anger to me lol

Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 11:27 AM
Same here, it's sooooo annoying!

Chemistry being handled by the game like that completely annihilates what made the success of the Sims games: artificial intelligence and free will. You have to constantly command those sims to do everything, otherwise they'll never do anything else than stalk the other sim. The stalker also ruins his victim's free will, I realised with a favourite sim of mine while he lived in a dorm: I would always find him standing somewhere, and in his queue was "be talked to", "be played with" or "be told joke" by the stupid zombie of a dormie who had an obsession with my sim. I got tired of constantly cancelling those harassment interactions, and got rid of the dormie instead.
Theorist
#7 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 3:21 AM
I had a santa and mrs. claus once and she followed him around like a puppy. I sent her to study skills and she would go get a book and read in the kitchen, where he was. So I sent him to the living room to do something and she got another book and study in that room. I found it kinda sweet. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 4:30 AM
This is a game play topic not an actual problem, would you like your thread moved to chat? @TheSweetToddler

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Hello everybody who is reading this

I have something in my game, or it could just be part of the game but my male sim is always around my female sim, if his bladder, hunger etc. is low, he will ignore his needs just to be with that sim, ya'll probably think that's so sweet, yes at first it is, but then it gets really annoying, I even give him loads of attention but he still follows her around. Like for example: She's in a bathroom, he is in another bathroom like upstairs he comes down to do his business in the toilet that she is on and if she is preparing some food, he will come and do a sponge bath in the sink and shoo everyone off and it's so anoying.
Thanks for reading my post.

That sounds like Triple Bolt Love Voodoo. Or its cousin the "I'm sooooooo into youuuuuuu" effect, which strikes couples of any boltage.

The latter affects Stella Terrano Gieke like woah in my Strangetown. She's hot hot hot for her double-bolt husband Chester and wherever he is, she is. He's on the phone? She's cleaning every nearby surface in a lust-fueled tizzy. He's taking a bath? STELLA WANTS TO HELP. (Seriously, she will not be swayed from wanting to clean the bathtub he's in. I finally had to give up and install communal showers so she could stare at him all she wants. She even cleans the tiles while she gawks.) The "I'm sooooo into youuuuuuu" effect made her pregnancies rough: she'd only sleep in the bed when he was there; otherwise, she'd nap on the couch while the tv was on. Repeatedly. I had to maxmotive her a few times so she wouldn't pass out or heartfart herself to death.

There's no stopping it. All you can do is work around its effects and enjoy the ensuing ridiculousness

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:13 PM
This is another of those things I've never had a problem with. I don't think I hacked it out; it just never happened. Oh, sure, my lovebirds hang around each other a lot, and do a lot of canoodling, but they don't neglect their needs or their children or interfere with each other's autonomous behavior. Instead they get cute little consistent character bits, like Ted Ottomas wandering into the bathroom to admire the deco items while his wife Harriet is in the shower. Yeah, Ted, everyone believes it's the towel's rack you're admiring! It's a logical thing to have programmed in, since people in love do find excuses to be close to each other.

The fact that some of us have a problem with this and other don't is no doubt partly due to different people finding different things annoying, but even Aegagropilon gets it more than I do, so I suspect it's a function of the randomizer, which is affected by play style in ways that are difficult to test. There may also be a personality element. Shy sims prefer to quietly hang around the person they feel safe with, while outgoing sims are more likely to pester their loved ones for attention.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:35 PM
I'm the same as Peni. Never had a problem with triple bolt couples.

Or perhaps I really just don't notice these details and probably should more often

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Forum Resident
#12 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 4:00 PM
This just sounds like a lovesick and/or possessive husband to me. *shrugs* Sims are weird.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:55 PM
I have several "triple's", and they're not quite as annoying as the OP's-but they do present challenges to playing the game. Most interesting of all, is when there are several matchups for the same bolt combination and they start seeing one another. Elden Hick and 2 of Nina Caliente's daughters for example. He's in love with one (Kellie) and just met her sister Holly, who's wondering what Kellie sees in such a massive jerk. (Being teen and playful, Elden loves to noogie the girls. It's not appreciated..)

If it wasn't part of the drama in my Bellefleur, I'd change their TO's and their aspirations-the only sure-fire way to neutralize the problem.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:04 PM
Sorry for a silly question but what does "TO" refer too?
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:12 PM
TO is short for Turn On/Turn off. The Sim's Turn Ons/ Turn Off plus aspiration plus Astrological sign are what determines the chemistry one sim has for another. When the chemistry adds up to three bolts, the Sims autonomous behavior can be a pain in the ass.
Scholar
#16 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 10:03 PM
It might be mods (I don’t recall downloading anything to stop it, but I have so many that one of them could affect it), but I’ve never noticed that behaviour. Almost all of my couples are 3-bolters, and sometimes they do try to be next to each other (for example when one sim was painting, the other one went to view a decoration close to the easel), but it isn’t extreme at all, eve in my experimental household in which I have 4 couples (all of them are 3-bolters) and I don’t control anyone.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 2:51 AM
It is probably romancemod what calms them down. Or any other Pescado mod. They have romantic times with each other but romancemod is giving more freedom.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 4:48 AM
I don't have Romancemod, so, no. Statistical clusters are the way to bet.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:40 AM
Other things could be playing a role, too, such as the sim's personality or what other objects there are on the lot to attract the sim's attention. I haven't paid too much attention to which of my sims are the ones following their spouses about, but I did have one very outgoing child that could not seem to be in a room by herself. Even if she was just going to read a book, she'd get one off the shelf and read in the chair nearest a parent (best friends, 100/100 relationship).
Inventor
#20 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:41 AM
I don't find this behavior to be a problem, whenever a Sim becomes so intrigued to stalk another to be cute. In fact, I wish I can go back to when I was much more ignorant thus curious about why my own Sim(s) ran into this situation. The same predicament that had me scratching my head over why the one Sim I want paired with my Simsona was only mildly interested in her (knowledge/fortune, Virgo/Aries). Overall, this sure was a fun experience.

There are some occasions in which I found this annoying. For example, I've witnessed a female Sim serve a plate of food at not the kitchen or the dining room, but the master bathroom at the other side of the house. She always did it whenever her husband was there and refused to place the darn meals anywhere closer to the kitchen. Either I'll have to wait until he's not present in the bathroom, or force the woman to set the food down on the floor so I can put it at a more reasonable spot (before any the house pets get to it XD ).
Mad Poster
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:15 AM
Checo Ramirez suddenly developed an unprecedented interest in art and began examining the towel rack when his wife, Lisa, was showering.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
TO is short for Turn On/Turn off. The Sim's Turn Ons/ Turn Off plus aspiration plus Astrological sign are what determines the chemistry one sim has for another. When the chemistry adds up to three bolts, the Sims autonomous behavior can be a pain in the ass.

Right, turn off, of course, thanks Orilon. Don't know what was wrong with me, I should have known that.
Anyway this is exactly what the patriarchs of my current family are like. Its not so bad now that they are elders since their chemistry dropped (down to three bolts) after they both aged up. But as adults they were four bolters. So of course they had to constantly be in the same room together.
I have to say that I do genially like these little behaviors. They make the sims feel more lifelike and makes them stand out from one another. Unfortunately like so many other interactions in the Sims 2 there doesn't seem to be any middle ground. Either these cute little behavers end up being way over done to the point there not cute any more, or you have to mod it out completely and that runs the risk of making the sims feel robotic.
With my couple it did workout because it fit my characters that they were based off of really well as the characters are extremely devoted to each other. Lets say Damicon was in the greenhouse tending to the garden and I told Martin to study cleaning. Despite the bookshelf being in the study right next to an expansive sofa, Martain would grab a book, ignore the sofa walk through the entire house and sit down to study on the far less comfortable patio chair in the middle of winter. Or when ever one of them was in the bathroom while the other on wasn't doing anything they would barge into the bathroom to view the towel rack or to clean the exact object they were using. And of course they spent every single spare moment they had wooing each other. I only got to my breaking point once children came into play, as they would continually interact with one another while completely ignore the kids unless I intervened. It got to the point I started to switch off their ACR autonomy at times so that they would actually spend time being good fathers to their five children not just good husbands to each other.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:50 PM
It does not bother me - I think some sims are simply "worse" than others when it comes to hanging around the beloved spouse. Could have something to do with personality points imo, because I am not convinced this is limited to sims with high bolts. I doubt if romancemod does anything to it - I have it and use it and cannot see any difference in my game when it comes to these sims.

I simply keep him busy - send him gardening/painting/dancing or something so that she can get the bathing/cooking/whatever done - that works the best in my game The game gives the player plenty of options to handle situations - even most of those that have been modded out by modders.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 10:38 PM
I like to believe that it's partly based on their personality-an introverted pixel will cling to their other half because they're going to 'protect' them (or so they think) and they're scared to meet others by herself-so they stick close by to make sure that they're not going to be ignored.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keyqueen
Anyway this is exactly what the patriarchs of my current family are like. Its not so bad now that they are elders since their chemistry dropped (down to three bolts) after they both aged up. But as adults they were four bolters.

You can get FOUR bolt chemistry? O_o
Page 1 of 2