Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 3:12 PM
Default So my game just spawned a new person in my household...
I come back from vacation to find this:

Seems to be the child of the parent sims, which is weird cuz they've only had one child so far, and the female is pregnant still. Wth? Did she adopt someone while I was away? XD
Advertisement
Site Helper
#3 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 4:03 PM
If you've ever had woohoo in a time machine, it sometimes produces a sim who shows up as a child of your sims. The Past seems to produce an Elder while the Future produces a child or a teen.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 5:48 PM
It's the other way round: the past gets you child and/or teen, rarely a young adult, while the future can get you an elder "child".

But back to the original issue: you said you came back from vacation while the female Sim was pregnant. Who travelled? Did the pregnant Sim travel, too?
Also, do you use Traveler and/or NRaas Story Progression?

I find it odd that the child is already child age. This usually happens sometimes when you travel to a vacation destination and at the vacation destination, not back home, but to me it seems that the scenarios have been reversed in your case.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
But back to the original issue: you said you came back from vacation while the female Sim was pregnant. Who travelled? Did the pregnant Sim travel, too?
Also, do you use Traveler and/or NRaas Story Progression?

I find it odd that the child is already child age. This usually happens sometimes when you travel to a vacation destination and at the vacation destination, not back home, but to me it seems that the scenarios have been reversed in your case.

Yes, the female is pregnant so I left her behind and took the rest of the family. I checked the Pregnancy Control options and the baby is male, which is the same as the child that spawned. Not sure if that's related, but like you said, if it was related to her pregnancy, why a child? A baby would have made more logical sense lol.

I do have Traveler, but not Story Progression. I like having Traveler so I can take my kids/dogs too. (one so that they can work on skills while away from school, the other so that they can get rid of those dog dig spots lol)

So sometimes children spawn when traveling to adventure locations? Is this related to the female being pregnant, or just a random occurrence?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 7:24 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 10th Jul 2017 at 7:40 PM.
There are two scenarios in vacation worlds with regard to spawning children: the first one is when a foreign elder dies the game creates a replacement; the replacement is always a child and is usually added to the deceased elder's family. An annoying "feature" with regard to this is that the parents of this child are the deceased Sim and some random Sim they know, probably the one with the highest relationship level, and if that Sim is yours the second parent will be your Sim.
The second scenario is when you get a foreigner pregnant; once you return the child is born and already child age. There are no babies or toddlers in vacation worlds.

That's why I thought your issue odd. The game seems to have treated your vacation like the homeworld and the pregnant Sim at home like a foreigner in a vacation world and got that child to the foreigner age, too.

I guess the family tree for that new child is correct? Did you travel to France, btw?

Maybe this is an issue with Traveler?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
There are two scenarios in vacation worlds with regard to spawning children: the first one is when a foreign elder dies the game creates a replacement; the replacement is always a child and is usually added to the deceased elder's family. An annoying "feature" with regard to this is that the parents of this child are the deceased Sim and some random Sim they know, probably the one with the highest relationship level, and if that Sim is yours the second parent will be your Sim.
The second scenario is when you get a foreigner pregnant; once you return the child is born and already child age. There are no babies or toddlers in vacation worlds.

That's why I thought your issue odd. The game seems to have treated your vacation like the homeworld and the pregnant Sim at home like a foreigner in a vacation world and got that child to the foreigner age, too.

I guess the family tree for that new child is correct? Did you travel to France, btw?

Maybe this is an issue with Traveler?

Interesting thing to keep in mind. Sounds like something fun to exploit tbh.

Yes, family tree shows the female sim (Tiffany) and male sim (Eric) as the parents.

It was China, actually.

It's entirely possible the game somehow got confused. Traveler does allow you to switch and play in an adventure world, IIRC. But the weirdest thing with that train of thought is that the female sim was still pregnant. So either it did the foreigner child thing and then went "wait a second...this is the homeworld" and didn't end her pregnancy, or something else went wrong lol.

Either way, I used NRAAS to Total Annihilation the child since it technically shouldn't exist in the first place. Still a strange occurrence to happen though.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:04 AM
There is an issue with Traveler v86 and the very early beta testing updates of v87 through which pregnancies of sims left behind in homeworlds might attempt to resolve to children (not babies or toddlers) with the pregnant sim still pregnant on re-entry into the homeworld. The glitch has something to do with the homeworld suddenly attempting to take on the demographics of France, which typically does not allow for pregnancies and sims younger than children. This sounds pretty close.

It's fixed in the current v87, still in beta testing but available to all who wish to try it.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+Testing
(Link will only make sense while v87 remains in beta testing, when it's fully released it will lead to no page or to the wrong place)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
So it's propably a mod related bug that would'nt happen in a modless game.

Right, in a modless game sims end up having children appear in the WA worlds, after apparently having mated with sims whom they have never even met as you previously mentioned. Traveler prevents that. Not sure I can say that the original setup is any better. Unless you want your sims to propagate like that.