Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 10:59 AM
Default Annoying pop-ups when starting a new game
Hi all

With all expansion packs installed, whenever we start a new game we get a ton of irritating popups. First is the game notification that "There are new social groups! Check out your cellphone!" Then it's the university mascot. A short while after that, the time portal appears and at some point the weatherstone spawns as well.

I want to disable these "helpful" events . So far, I've found a way to prevent the camera from zooming into the mascot and the portal (either NRaas' Retuner or bolto7's mods here http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=9902666) but I can't find a way to block the cellphone popup. And I'd really rather the mascot and the portal didn't spawn at all, although I'm happy to merely disable notifications for the weatherstone. Has anyone got a better solution that my googling has failed to uncover?

I just want to be able to start a new game in peace!

Cheers in advance
CrazySheep808

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:37 AM
I believe bluegenjutsu has a mod to stop the mascot from spawning over at The Sims Asylum.

“You don’t need religion to have morals. If you can’t determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.”
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 6:51 AM
Thanks, I'll go check that out. Any ideas about the cellphone popup?

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.