Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:24 AM
Default Where can I find help
I've been trying to fix my problem of my game only giving my lunch items for my sims to prepare no matter what time it is, but so far this site has been nothing, but crummy. I couldn't make an actually post on the help forum so I went to the nearest forum I could post, then a moderator closed my thread in the most sarcastic way possible. Then after messaging that moderator and getting no response, I tried to contact the closest administrator and it turns out you can't give contact them. This site was useful to me is now just awful. It feels like there's no one I can get a hold of. And this thread better not be closed due to it being in the wrong place, it isn't. I'm in search of help of fixing my game problem or fixing the people who run this site's attitudes.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 7:17 AM
If this refers to your thread in the Modding Discussions then the moderator was correct when she told you to ask the creator of the mod for help (and I don't think that she was sarcastic at all). If it is indeed this particular mod causing your issues.

So your first step is to find out what is causing your troubles. For this it would be best to start with a fresh user folder. Rename your current The Sims 3 folder in Documents to "The Sims 3 old" and start the Launcher. This will create a new The Sims 3 folder. Add the Mods framework to the new folder and add only the ingredients mod. Start a test game and check whether the issue still exists. If it does then the mod is the problem and you'd have to contact the creator. If the issue does not exist in the test game then you have a mod conflict and should go through these steps to find out what is causing the conflict: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title..._Custom_Content

Once you're done you can delete the test user folder and rename your old one to "The Sims 3" and have your regular game back.

And yes, the Help forum would have been the right place for your issue, and I am not sure why you cannot start a thread there.
Maybe the moderators can move your thread there when they see this here.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 2:42 AM
Also try The Sims fourms, there are a lot of helpful people there too.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 2:49 AM
Why haven't you been able to post on the help forum?

The moderator wasn't being sarcastic. Also they are most likely in bed -different country. You were told to post to the download thread, make sure to use 'post feedback/report' when you post to the creators thread. Unless this is on another issue?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:39 AM
This is not a "Where can I find...?" thread, so again it's in the wrong place, and multiple times you've been told *how* to fix your problem.

We (the site and all it's users, including staff) are not here to fix any and all problems you may be having with your game. You also need to take some time and energy to do things yourself. That's why we have FAQs, tutorials, and many other things so that you can help yourself, and many friendly people who can and do post on how to fix the issue yourself.

Please check out one of the many high quality FAQs, or heed the advice and contact the creator of the mod themselves, since it's clear that it's a specific one you are having issues with.

Thread locked.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Not a where can I find.