Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 9:30 PM
Default Classic Dance Fix for Elder and Adult to Dance Together
I could swear I recently saw a mod that fixed the bug where an Elder and Adult have no option to Classic Dance together. Now I want it, since Bella keeps rolling wants to Classic Dance with Mort and it is not in their pie menus for each other. I've searched and DuckDuckGoed and googled and it's refusing to show itself.

Does that mod actually exist, and does anybody know where it is?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 9:57 PM
There's apparently one by AncientHighway (http://www.insimenator.org/index.php?topic=103124.0) but I can't find a link.

EDIT: Found it. ah_ClassicDance.rar at http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8104.0

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 10:07 PM
There's a bug in that one if you let relatives classic dance - it counts as cheating. I had a Sim get angry with his wife and son for having an affair after they danced. The wife was the boy's biological mother.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 9:39 PM
Well, you could call that a bug, but not in the mod but in the game as the classic dance is always considered a romantic interaction. It's an annoying thing, as there are certainly some occasions where relatives dance together, like a big sister teaching her brother or the father daughter dance at a wedding, or other scenarios where people not romanticaly involved dance in a different way than that crazy way maxis calls dance together, but I never found a mod that would take the romance out of the classic dance.
Alchemist
#5 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:54 PM
The whole point of the mod is to let relatives classic dance, though. So, while it's entirely possible, I don't think the modder intended to remove the familial restriction, but leave in the romance. IIRC, it was released before Sims 2 was finished being updated, so I assume an expansion broke it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:59 PM
Hi, I know this thread has been 6 months old. But just want to inform that I try to make mod to enable non romantic classic dance for family, while let classic dance with non family member as it is (still has romantic attribute). Please check here : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=606587
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 10:52 PM
Is it possible for children and teens to use this mod? I always thought it would be cute if they were taking 'dance lessons', for those of you who learn the dancing in school 'a few years back' for those upcoming school dances. (: I've never seen the option for classical on any of my sims.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Mar 2023 at 7:56 PM
Has there never been a fix which simply makes the regular classic dance available between an adult and an elder, and doesn't extend it to family members or make it no longer romantic? I think kiss dance is another interaction which suffers from the same problem, but I don't use it often so I'm not certain.