Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 9:08 AM
I have avoided using a telescope by any sim as I don't want it to come crashing down and ruin my things And so far for me it has worked!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 12:52 AM
A meteor just hit my school and killed my legacys kids it was really sad ):
Test Subject
#53 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 1:48 AM
Default It happens to me too.
I just updated to Seasons and 2 different sims have died from Metors. The first one was talking to a friend outside work (she was in business) and it hit here. I couldn't get her to move after the sky went black. The second was going into her house and a meteor shower landed in her year, then the bushes catch on fire and she wouldn't move away from them and burnt up. Then I downloaded a mod that was supposed to lessen meteors and went to a different town. I loaded my first sim again in this new town, she was in business again. After work she went to the festival, then this happend. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...i-d5m5v8e.png?5
Test Subject
#54 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 10:55 PM
I've had Ambitions since it came out (wich was a long time ago) and there's never been a meteor in my game but now since I installed the master controller mod there are about 3 meteors every day... And even though it never kills my sim it's so annoying that I have to refurnish my house about 3 times a day since the meteors causes such big fires the furniture turns into ash so I can no longer exchange them...

I think I'm gonna try updating master controller to see if it fixes the problem but if not I'll have to uninstall it ):
Test Subject
#55 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 6:28 PM
As I said earlier I thought master controller was the thing that fucked my game up... And it was, I removed it and installed awesomemod instead, now loads of bugs are fixed and I can still use my beloved body sliders! :D
Test Subject
#56 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 9:57 PM
The meteor killed almost my whole family and it pisses me off
#57 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 10:07 PM
How do you folks get so many meteors? I hardly ever see a meteor in the game. I would like to see more, but don't want to use a mod. How do you do it in game?
Mad Poster
#58 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 10:21 PM
If you have Seasons and an alien Sim who is a teen or older, they can use brain power to summon one. Outside of that, luck? Good or bad depending on the situation :v.
#59 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
If you have Seasons and an alien Sim who is a teen or older, they can use brain power to summon one. Outside of that, luck? Good or bad depending on the situation :v.

Yeah, I've done the alien summon meteor thing, and my teen aliens have a bad habit of dropping meteors right on top of my sunbathing foster parent human sims, but I don't get many meteors outside of that.

About twice in a year of pathetically compulsive playing. One smashed into the science building in the University world (Killed a bunch of sims), and once just outside of town in one of the other worlds (didn't hurt anything).

Be nice to get some more, you know, senseless death and gigantic meteors for simolians. .
Mad Poster
#60 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 12:28 AM
Yeah, it was at one of the Uni rabbit holes where a random meteor fell in my game last! Whole bunch of people died and my Sim probably shat her pants.
Theorist
#61 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
How do you folks get so many meteors? I hardly ever see a meteor in the game. I would like to see more, but don't want to use a mod. How do you do it in game?

I've only had meteors show up twice in any of my games - it's when I create a new sim and put him/her in the firefighter career. BOOM - death, destruction and mayhem abound. Needless to say haven't had anyone in the firefighting career since. No meteors

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 5:02 AM
I'm jealous of all of these meteors, I got an alien baby for the sole purpose of seeing meteors, considering i haven't seen one since i've started playing.
I crave the chaos! I'll trade!
Banned
#63 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 4:10 PM
Me. Not one meteor. Ever.
Come along now, mods, threadcromancy here.
Instructor
#64 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 6:42 PM
I have never seen meteor in my game

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#65 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 2:58 AM
One killed my sim once. He was quietly fishing in China, at Han's Orchard. Newly wed..on their honeymoon..his wife seemed a tad upset by this.
(I went back to main menu without saving. You know..I was just not quite ready for this?)
That was the first and last time, in years of playing.
Needless to say, this is not something I fear.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Banned
#66 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 7:17 AM
Ooooooh crap, my first meteor is coming. My sim is in a taxi. How will this end?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#67 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 8:44 AM
From my experience meteors will strike when you absolutely have forgotten that they even exist and when you completely do not expect any. And then the situation will be such that the possible outcome will be something that you absolutely do not want at that moment.

And it will kill everybody you care about but leave the threadcromancer alive.
Banned
#69 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 3:33 PM
It landed not even on a lot.
I will soon collect that rock, and be all smug about it.
Site Helper
#70 Old 14th Jul 2015 at 5:22 PM
If Master Controller was what was responsible for meteors, it doesn't seem to do that anymore. The last meteor I saw was when one landed on the Sphynx in a game that died a year ago.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#71 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
From my experience meteors will strike when you absolutely have forgotten that they even exist and when you completely do not expect any. And then the situation will be such that the possible outcome will be something that you absolutely do not want at that moment.

And it will kill everybody you care about but leave the threadcromancer alive.

This has been my experience too. The last time it happened was right in the middle of my sim's university graduation and it killed three of her class-mates.

I recently got one of those challenges you sometimes get when moving into a new house, where apparently a meteor had just hit the house and my sim had to clear up the mess. She had just done most of the work herself when a fire fighter showed up and just stood there doing nothing. Once my sim had cleared up the last of the mess he came over and congratulated her on doing a good job!

Anybody ever have an earthquake? It only ever happened to me once, when I was playing a fire fighter. He had to go to several lots in the town and rescue trapped citizens. I'm not sure what EP that came with.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#72 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
If Master Controller was what was responsible for meteors, it doesn't seem to do that anymore.
Outdated script mods (i.e. not in sync with the game version) may cause meteor madness. It's a rather weird issue, because the mod itself may still seem to work properly.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
#73 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Anybody ever have an earthquake? It only ever happened to me once, when I was playing a fire fighter. He had to go to several lots in the town and rescue trapped citizens. I'm not sure what EP that came with.

Only deliberately induced earthquakes. They're from Ambitions, and only available while on the job in the firefighter profession once you get high enough. Not sure what level unlocks earthquakes though.
Banned
#74 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 5:16 PM
The meteor was about the size of my Sims' (unusually fast) Lada.
Well that was boring.
Test Subject
#75 Old 20th May 2016 at 11:26 AM
Still, does anyone know a way to get rid of them? I was about to reach level ten on both gardening and fishing skills when a damn meteore hit my sim when he was sleeping inside his tent. I cheated the start and took away all his money, I put him in a 10x10 empty lot and he already had almost ten perfect plants, a bathroom, a firepit to fry his dinner (he ate mostly fishes and fruits), and I've just got him some walls and roof for a batrhom!!! It's really anoying! Now he's dead
Page 3 of 3