Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 7:51 PM
Default Fisherman's Challenge - Legendary trait
I have heard several times that your hero must have the 'Whale ate my parents' trait, in order to replace his/her fatal flaw. I played as the physician (Friendly, Fun-Loving, Insomniac).
I took the shorter path to give the apple to Marlin (is that his name)? Do you have to have the WAMP trait or just follow the longer path?

I have a save before taking this quest, so I can try again.

Thanks,
AJSimon

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:16 PM
Is there really a legendary trait in this quest?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:24 PM
The Prima Guide and The Sims Wiki (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary_Trait) list this challenge as one of the ones that give the ability to change the trait.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:24 PM
I highly doubt there is a legendary trait. All the quests that have a ledgendary trait available say so in the quest description, this one does not.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:56 PM
Actually there is, strangely enough. Although it looks like you may be able to miss it.
After you finish the hunt, an option to talk to Barney shows up in addition to the Royal Advisor. WAMP is required though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:59 PM
OK, I'll try another quest with the physician. Thanks guys

Scholar
#7 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 8:59 PM
There is, and garghuul is correct, as I got the legendary trait from the quest myself. Had it replace Glutton (once I get that 5 Drunkards, 5 Gluttons achievement , I swear, never doing Glutton again for a long while).

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 9:05 PM
Not to change the subject, but what trait(s) are required for the Tournament of Honour quest?

Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 9:16 PM
I got the legendary trait with my WAMP insomniac Jacobean priest (now Industrious). I'm pretty sure you have to pick Barney, not Marlon. This is the path I followed and it worked (only listing choice points):

Paid the entrance Fee
Choose Barney
Stick with Barney (instead of switching to Marlon)
Yes go on the whale hunt

I got the legendary trait as soon as I got back from the successful hunt, even before talking to anyone and finishing the quest.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anadandy

Paid the entrance Fee
Choose Barney
Stick with Barney (instead of switching to Marlon)
Yes go on the whale hunt

This. I played the quest exactly this way with a WAMP sim, just last night in fact, purely by coincidence. Much to my surprise, I got to choose a legendary trait after the whale hunt. :D
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 11:15 PM Last edited by garghuul : 16th Apr 2011 at 11:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AJSimon
Not to change the subject, but what trait(s) are required for the Tournament of Honour quest?

I don't think there are any, other than annexing Advorton (Make Ally.)

Edit: Bah, sorry about that. You also need a Tavern and Kingball Court built.
Eminence Grise
#12 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 12:02 AM
This is the ONLY quest I've heard of that requires ANY specific trait... and that's just to get one possible outcome of the quest.

Annexing Advorton has a truly annoying number of prerequisites, in terms of building... but no trait prereqs. (Annoying mainly since Advorton has by far the most useful annexation benefit.)
Test Subject
#13 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 1:14 AM
Yet, the benefit fades in comparison to enabling the cheats. Less work, better results.

Not to hijack the tread, but TSM really needs more freedom. And clarity in which quest gives what rewards.
Scholar
#14 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 1:46 AM
I think, maybe in some ways, the ambiguity is purposeful? Sort of like, meant for us to discover it. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Is that a shillelagh in your pocket, or are you just sinning against God?
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:15 AM
Yup... I wouldn't even call it ambiguity. There are a lot of lil surprises, which I kinda enjoy.

As for "less work, better results" with cheats... well yah... that's true for all games... if your goal is to bypass the entire reward system of the game

Which it may well be, but IMO if you don't enjoy ANY of a game's reward structure as designed, you're probably better off with a different game. No amount of cheating will turn TSM into The Sims, for instance.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AJSimon
I have heard several times that your hero must have the 'Whale ate my parents' trait, in order to replace his/her fatal flaw. I played as the physician (Friendly, Fun-Loving, Insomniac).
I took the shorter path to give the apple to Marlin (is that his name)? Do you have to have the WAMP trait or just follow the longer path?

I have a save before taking this quest, so I can try again.

Thanks,
AJSimon

You can remove a fatal flaw by doing shift+click and Modify Traits for Active Sim. I will be putting up screenshots and instructions on Winterhart's Sims Medieval :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
You can remove a fatal flaw by doing shift+click and Modify Traits for Active Sim. I will be putting up screenshots and instructions on Winterhart's Sims Medieval :lovestruc

Nice, I might give this a try.

Thanks Winterhart!