Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 4:12 AM
Default WCIF more hairstyles
I know Sims 3 hairstyles can be converted to Medieval, but I don't have Sims 3. I'd like to get more hairstyles but most searchs I do finds the opposite, Medieval to Sims 3 and not vice versa. Player made hair requires permission so would prefer Sims 3 originals. Thanks
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 4:32 AM
I'm working on being able to clone and edit TSM CASP file which includes hairstyles. I have a experimental version of a Medieval CASP Cloner available.

As for TS3 to TSM conversions, I know of none. No one seems to have permission for any of the TS3 hairstyles. Plus, TS3 harstyles and clothing don't fit right in TSM(Geometry, not CASP). They can be edited to fit right by Milkshape or other programs, but some also seem to contain bone errors, which can be fixed, but requires more advanced tools or great skill to accopmlish.
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 7:23 PM
Are there any Mod for Hair Style-Unisexed?

I think Hair with Accessaries(3 kinds) help to make charactors Man-Elf!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
I'm working on being able to clone and edit TSM CASP file which includes hairstyles. I have a experimental version of a Medieval CASP Cloner available.

As for TS3 to TSM conversions, I know of none. No one seems to have permission for any of the TS3 hairstyles. Plus, TS3 harstyles and clothing don't fit right in TSM(Geometry, not CASP). They can be edited to fit right by Milkshape or other programs, but some also seem to contain bone errors, which can be fixed, but requires more advanced tools or great skill to accopmlish.

So pretty much easier said than done. Love how Maxis and EA killed modding for the sims games its harder to do now than it was in Sims 1 and 2.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 2:33 AM
It doesn't look like there are as many modding tools for TSM as there were for TS3 several months after its release.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 3:33 PM
I'm glad someone brought this up. I read through the hair modding thread and waded through all the drama, and there were no hairs available there. So I posted my question on the thread there about available hair. Either no one could get permission from the original designer, or no one was successful. I mean, I'd be happy to get a PM from someone that has a hair they wish to share, but there has been zip from anybody, so I'm guessing no one was adequately successful. There are some serious differences involved about headsize and whatnot that make for incredible difficulties. But I do wish we could get some nice hair and some interesting facial hair for the game.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:02 PM
I think that is the same reason that there hasn't been a clothing challenge like TS3 has. It seems to be much more difficult to do. For what that's worth from someone with ZERO talent in that direction.

Yes it is the clothes that makes the Sim
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Outfit_Planner
I think that is the same reason that there hasn't been a clothing challenge like TS3 has. It seems to be much more difficult to do. For what that's worth from someone with ZERO talent in that direction.

Sadly, I also have nada talent in the modding and customizing department. The people who do have the talent are saying it's nearly impossible to do this stuff. That all adds up to a serious drag.

Since the game was designed to be quest based rather than a standard Sims game, no one in development seemed to care about how difficult creating objects and custom content was going to be.

(Sigh) I have to leave that up to people with far more patience and talent than I have.

I like playing The Sims. I don't like to be played like a Sim.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Oct 2011 at 4:38 PM
I've followed the tutorials and converted a couple of TS3 hairs for TSM. Unfortunately, they look rather ugly because most seem too big for the TSM heads and some have bald spots, as mentioned by many people who have done their own conversions. I converted something like 12 hair packages and the only converted hairs I've found that looks ok in TSM is Nouk's long wavey hair and Jeanette Raven remake by Elxis. They also only show up in the initial CAS for character creation, and won't show up for subsequent CAS in game (perhaps I didn't flag them properly in S3PE). I also converted a full body TS3 outfit, but realized that it won't scale to TSM body shapes.