Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#16551 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 7:51 PM
Can do.

1. Download and install Advanced Renamer. Or get the portable version and unzip it somewhere.
2. Open Advanced Renamer.
3. Open up your Neighborhood folder. Pick which folder you want to rename. (For my example, I'm going to change Oakbrook, N004, to N123.) Drag and drop it into the right pane of the program and choose to "add the files in the folder." Make sure that the subfolder bit is checked:

4. In the left panel, close any of the existing settings with the X button. Then click on the "Replace" button. It'll open up a box in the left panel. In "Text to be replace," put in N004. In "Replace With," put N123. (Obviously, substitute with whatever you want.)

5. Take a look at the right pane. It'll list the new filenames so skim to make sure everything looks right. Although this won't happen for a simple text-swap, any red text means conflicting filenames. Once it is, press the big Start Batch button in the top right:

6. Wait for your files to be renamed. Check to make sure everything looks okay. Now rename your folder from N004 to N123.

Advanced Renamer also has a nice "Undo" feature that saves the old names. So if you want to revert it afterwards, you can do so:

Screenshots

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16552 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Okay, I'm not very good at that stuff (numbers and things). So my Mainhood number is E001(Belladonna Cove). The Subhoods are B998 (Desiderata Valley), B997 (Riverblossom Hills), B996 (Veronaville), B995 (Strangetown), B994 (Pleasantview), B991(Viper Canyon), B101 (A Default Townie Pool Replacement) & B001 which is Bluewater Village. What do I change? Do I change them like B001 for Pleasantview and B002 for Riverblossom Hills or? Sorry, I'm not very bright...

The renaming procedure shown in previous posts will work to change the order of base neighborhoods in the main chooser, but I'm not sure it will work for subhoods/shopping districts in the subhood chooser. In my game the subhoods appear to be listed in the order that I added them to the base hood, not alphabetically by neighborhood ID.
Mad Poster
#16553 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:04 PM
I figured that Fyren wanted to rename the neighbourhood templates so that when adding them to the main hood, they would appear in a specific order. (I'm not entirely sure if this would work, though it's worth a try.) I've attempted to swap around already-attached subhoods to not much success.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#16554 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The renaming procedure shown in previous posts will work to change the order of base neighborhoods in the main chooser, but I'm not sure it will work for subhoods/shopping districts in the subhood chooser. In my game the subhoods appear to be listed in the order that I added them to the base hood, not alphabetically by neighborhood ID.

Ah, I only have my Uber/Megahood showing in the actual neighborhood chooser. I like it that way. Is that what would be changed using Bulbizarre's tutorial?

When I installed the subhoods to my Mainhood without Viper Canyon, they were in the order I wanted them. As soon as I added Viper Canyon before or after Strangetown, they were all jumbled up with Viper Canyon and Strangetown being the first two Subhoods then Veronaville etc (this is after I close the game and re-launch). Pleasantview was last when it should be first. Maybe I'm supposed to do the reverse, putting Strangetown and Viper Canyon first and then the others in the order that they would be. Will that make the last one that I added be the first one to show up in the Subhood panel? I've confused myself..
Mad Poster
#16555 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:23 PM
I'm afraid I'm not really sure on that. Sorry.

Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
@Bulbizarre I found a thread about Slig_Rocks http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=616827. It seems like it's neighborhood rocks.

Oh! I downloaded it to check the rar version. I guess I never deleted it afterwards.

Mad Poster
#16556 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:38 PM
Oh, you mean the subhoods, okay, got it.
Each neighborhood goes to the top of the list when you add it. So if you attach Pleasantview first, then Strangetown, Strangetown will be at the top of the list above Pleasantview. Then you add Viper Canyon, and it's above Strangetown on the list. And so on.

Sorry we misunderstood you. On the plus side, you now know how to use a bulk renamer.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#16557 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:42 PM
When and what exact amount of simoleans has to have the Sim to get classified as rich? I heard that the Rich Sim is the one with starter (relocation) money that is higher than of the fund's of the household with the sim who's asking to move in. Is that true?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#16558 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:45 PM
Oooooh, ahaha I'm so sorry I wasn't clear enough! No worries, but thank you so much for teaching me something new! I appreciate it!

I just tried redoing the order of my Subhoods attached to my Belladonna Cove. I did this order "Pleasantview, Riverblossom Hills, Veronaville, Desiderata Valley, Bluewater Village, Viper Canyon, Strangetown" and when I re-launched the game, it looks like this:

I've done this order before and it used to load like this when re-launched: "Viper Canyon, Strangetown, Veronaville, Bluewater Village, Desiderata Valley, Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview"

Edit: I really don't know what order they should go in so they show up like this : "Pleasantview, Riverblossom Hills, Veronaville, Desiderata Valley, Bluewater Village, Viper Canyon, Strangetown" - I re-read what you said Peni, does this mean I should be doing my order in reverse?
Instructor
#16559 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:57 PM
What order are the numbers of you Subhoods in your Neighborhood Template?

Maybe you should install them backward. Instead of doing Pleasantview, Riverblossom Hills, Veronaville, Desiderata Valley, Bluewater Village, Viper Canyon, Strangetown. Install Strangetown first, then Viper Canyon, etc...

There is a way to edit the subhood.package files in the neighborhood folder, but I'm not sure if it affects the sims or lots in the hood.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
When and what exact amount of simoleans has to have the Sim to get classified as rich? I heard that the Rich Sim is the one with starter (relocation) money that is higher than of the fund's of the household with the sim who's asking to move in. Is that true?

I think a sim has to have a net worth of §50,000 in order to be considered rich.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Scholar
#16560 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Fyren5 : 12th Dec 2018 at 9:08 PM.
The Subhoods are B998 (Desiderata Valley), B997 (Riverblossom Hills), B996 (Veronaville), B995 (Strangetown), B994 (Pleasantview), B991(Viper Canyon), B101 (A Default Townie Pool Replacement) & B001 which is Bluewater Village.

I'll try putting them in backwards to see what happens, will edit with results and pictures under spoiler when I've done it! :D

Edit: Results:

Mad Poster
#16561 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 8:58 PM
Okay, in that case, I have no clue what's going on.

Phoenix, for purposes of the "married a rich sim" memory, the specified threshold in the code is $50K.

However, in practice, I have found that, if the sim initiating the marriage has less that $50K, and the sim being married in has even less than that at the time of move-in (i.e., after the fund's she's bringing with her have been separated from the household she comes from), the married-in sim will get the "married a rich sim" memory. It is also my experience that the value of the entire household the sim is being married into is calculated, but the sim being married in can only count cash in hand - nothing in inventory counts.

Quibble: I do not know if the value of an owned business is included or not, as I've never done it this way. It is also possible that the value of an entire apartment lot is added to the value of an apartment dweller marrying in someone from outside the complex. Someone on here was going to test that second proposition, but I don't remember seeing the result.

In any case, no calculation is done at all if the sim is already a resident on the lot, so if you want to fill the want and get the memory, do not have the sim with the want call the wedding, and do not move her in before the marriage even by a few minutes. Throw a wedding party, invite her over as part of it, get married, and the odds of filling the want go up a great deal.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#16562 Old 12th Dec 2018 at 10:49 PM
This is a board question, but I figure I'd get an answer here more quickly. Does anyone know how to delete an old attachment from a post? I have an old copy of a mod that I want to remove.
Mad Poster
#16563 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
This is a board question, but I figure I'd get an answer here more quickly. Does anyone know how to delete an old attachment from a post? I have an old copy of a mod that I want to remove.

Can you not edit the post? One of the tabs under edit should show attachments.
Instructor
#16564 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 11:35 AM
Just wondering: is it normal that in the task manager it says "The Sims 2 (32-bit)"? I could swear it use to be 64-bit somehow, but I don't know if it has anything to do with the 4GB patch or similar...
Alchemist
#16565 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Can you not edit the post? One of the tabs under edit should show attachments.
I'd gone to that section, but there wasn't a delete button. Jo helped me out, though. If anyone else runs into the issue, you have to open the flash uploader first (there's a link to it on the attachment tab). Thanks, Jo, BTW.
Mad Poster
#16566 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewInTheSky
Just wondering: is it normal that in the task manager it says "The Sims 2 (32-bit)"? I could swear it use to be 64-bit somehow, but I don't know if it has anything to do with the 4GB patch or similar...

It's normal (although for Windows 7, it displays as "whatever.exe *32" instead). There's no x64 version of the game, unfortunately. 4GB patcher only works on x86 programs to begin with.

Lab Assistant
#16567 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 3:57 PM
If i delete say, file X and immediately replace it with the same file but with different name without opening the game, do sims still keep it (like if it was hair or something) or does it disappear from them since it's technically different file?
Mad Poster
#16568 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 4:16 PM
As long as they have the same GUIDs, it should work. If not, you might end up with it either reverting to a Maxis hair or the occasional glitch where they become permanently bald.

Instructor
#16569 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It's normal (although for Windows 7, it displays as "whatever.exe *32" instead). There's no x64 version of the game, unfortunately. 4GB patcher only works on x86 programs to begin with.
Great, I must have imagined then - thank you as usual, Bulbizarre
Alchemist
#16570 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thewrittenletter
If i delete say, file X and immediately replace it with the same file but with different name without opening the game, do sims still keep it (like if it was hair or something) or does it disappear from them since it's technically different file?

We rename files as we organize them and such without it making any difference to the game. If I understand you, it shouldn't matter at all. Like B says - GUIDs and all that.
Scholar
#16571 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:13 PM
Just checking if ACR will work with my newly edited aging system.
If this system seems odd or will not work with ACR, feel free to suggest any edits.

Here are my new aging settings:

Babies: 2 Days
Toddlers: 5 Days
Children: 8 Days
Teenager: 12 Days
Adult: 37 Days
Elder: 10-20 Days
Plant Toddlers: 8 Days
PlantSim Adults: 40 Days
PlantElders: 10-30 Days

Additional Info: I'm trying to decide whether to use Imalia's 48 Hour Pregnancy Mod or use a 1.5 Day Pregnancy Mod by Lientebollemeis. I play a 7 Day Rotation, Monday-Monday. University lasts 8 Days (24 Hours). I use Squinge's Mega College Pack. Any suggestions for my aging system etc is appreciated! :D
Alchemist
#16572 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I noticed a BCON that controlled that; but forgot the shipped version amount. for sims to get the wed rich sim memory, the amount from the other household would need to exceed BCON's value.
for the played household, "other household" means the characters that are being added. for the characters being added, "other household" means the played household.
it is possible for either or both or neither to get the memory.
Mad Poster
#16573 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Just checking if ACR will work with my newly edited aging system.
If this system seems odd or will not work with ACR, feel free to suggest any edits.

Here are my new aging settings:

Babies: 2 Days
Toddlers: 5 Days
Children: 8 Days
Teenager: 12 Days
Adult: 37 Days
Elder: 10-20 Days
Plant Toddlers: 8 Days
PlantSim Adults: 40 Days
PlantElders: 10-30 Days

Additional Info: I'm trying to decide whether to use Imalia's 48 Hour Pregnancy Mod or use a 1.5 Day Pregnancy Mod by Lientebollemeis. I play a 7 Day Rotation, Monday-Monday. University lasts 8 Days (24 Hours). I use Squinge's Mega College Pack. Any suggestions for my aging system etc is appreciated! :D

ACR and aging mods - I did some reading on this and as I understand, it seems that ACR and aging mods do not actually clash at all - it is only that, due to the fertility rate coming down with ACR, there may be no surprise babies later in the adult life, especially if it is really very long (but of course, the try for baby option can still be used). I actually like your choice of number of days.
Instructor
#16574 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 9:16 AM
If I recall correctly, ACR counts the number of days for aging. So your fresh adults will be in their mid-20s. The only thing is, just as Justpetro said, at age 40/45/something like that, women have a lower fertility rate, which will be around 35 in your game. That's the only thing to think about.
Mad Poster
#16575 Old 14th Dec 2018 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
I noticed a BCON that controlled that; but forgot the shipped version amount. for sims to get the wed rich sim memory, the amount from the other household would need to exceed BCON's value.
for the played household, "other household" means the characters that are being added. for the characters being added, "other household" means the played household.
it is possible for either or both or neither to get the memory.

What's BCON?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 663 of 1339