Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2676 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 11:06 PM
@AndrewGloria - that doesn't work unless you have twojeff's mod that makes having a baby and adopting the same thing. I forgot the name of it though.

As for romance Sims, Peter Ottomas has been seen to actually reject flirts from other Sims. This was before I gave him a family secondary.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2677 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 12:12 AM
I think I do have that mod. I have lots of gays in my game, and I don't do male pregnancy, so adoption is the only way they'll get children. Of course I have no idea whether alljoj has that mod or not! But Bella can get a baby that way, even if it doesn't fulfil her want.

Yes, Romance Sims will reject flirts, especially if they don't like you. They're not a total pushover -- they have some pride. I've even seen Romance Sims with 9 or 10 Nice points start fighting if they didn't like the other Sim's initial approach! The punishment for that in New Desconia is to be made to lie together in a christianlov Easy-Bed, and have to kiss and cuddle each other with the 2 founders watching. The rule there is "Make Love, Not War!"

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2678 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 4:31 AM
A bit cruel to make people who don't like each other kiss and cuddle lol.
Scholar
#2679 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:03 AM
"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOOOING?"
"I think I'm committing a sin by watching this."

Two of my sims (who aren't being controlled at the moment) were woohooing on a couch in the apartment's public space with that one ACR interactions. It's been 4 hours. Help.
Mad Poster
#2680 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:28 AM
A few days after I installed ACR, Goopy GilsCarbo and another townie decided to woohoo, fully naked, on a bench in a public playground.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#2681 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
A few days after I installed ACR, Goopy GilsCarbo and another townie decided to woohoo, fully naked, on a bench in a public playground.

Could have been worse, I had Julian Cooke and a random townie woohoo naked in a church and graveyard.
Scholar
#2682 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:48 PM
"ALICE PLEASE. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE, ALICE. GET PROMOTED, PLEASE FREE ME." [While laugh-crying.]

My sim goes to work in a really bizarre outfit.

Mad Poster
#2683 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:33 PM
Show business or something right?
This career has the most disturbing dialogue, and I won't give more details.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#2684 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:36 PM
Show business, I think. One of the lower-level jobs is a commercial actor.

Scholar
#2685 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:49 PM
Yeah, she's in show business. Luckily, she got promoted that day, but I'm on an apartment lot and their neighbors had to look at her going to work in that every day for a week.
Mad Poster
#2686 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:57 PM
Should've played her household first.

Scholar
#2687 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:12 PM
I didn't notice until I was incredibly invested into the current family.
Instructor
#2688 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:13 PM
When the game first came out, before my sims all had mobile phones, my husband would get all play-cranky about the phones in the game just ringing for ages before my sims could get to them, and he'd half-jokingly shout, "Somebody answer that phone!" Then my sims started reproducing, and the crying began. Then it was, "Somebody answer that baby!"

For about a dozen years now we've continued to say that whenever there's crying, drilling, a nearby train -- whenever there's some loud, annoying noise in our lives that will not stop. "Somebody answer that baby!"

Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
[While laugh-crying.]
My sim goes to work in a really bizarre outfit.

Haha! That terrible outfit is the #1 reason I've been habitually placing little dressers in my sims' living rooms for years. Dumb fry guy head, and you gotta walk all the way upstairs to the other end of the house to change? No. Ditch that noise at the front door. >_<
Mad Poster
#2689 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:25 PM
Christianlov's Gussy Up plugin includes a menu to let Sims change their clothes wherever they are. Even to naked.

Mad Poster
#2690 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:30 PM
Even better, The sim blender. Gussy-up is missing the Outerwear category.

Top Secret Researcher
#2691 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:13 PM
Yeah I hate that commercial actor outfit so much I tried to find a default replacement but without luck.
Mad Poster
#2692 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:27 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the fries will actually clip through the top of the carpool car.

Theorist
#2693 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Yeah I hate that commercial actor outfit so much I tried to find a default replacement but without luck.

That's the trouble witha few of the worst outfits, there's just no good defaults for them

Particularly a costume that's only used for a Commercial Actor could be replaced with anything, since I'm pretty sure people who act in commercials get put into the clothes they are meant to wear in the spot at the set and wouldn't even be allowed to go home in them...

Edit: Might have found the reason; the outfit is listed as "aubodycommercialmascot" in the default database, doesn't that mean the same mesh and textures are used for male and female Sims? That might cause difficulties with replacing it.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#2694 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:29 PM
Yep..I checked in SimPE for the hat(hair) they wear, and it is also a auHair. So for both genders.

Scholar
#2695 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:48 PM
Would we be able to link the uniform for the commerical actor to a different outfit?
Mad Poster
#2696 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:16 PM
Pretty sure the answer is yes. since when making custom careers, you can link an outfit to it, a carpool car as well. Don't look at me, I never did this.

Mad Poster
#2697 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
If I'm not mistaken, the fries will actually clip through the top of the carpool car.

It's not the only one. XD
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#2698 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 11:07 PM
"I don't think this go down well at work"."
My sim decided to to her toddler to work with her.
"Well this is awkward."
My sim has two lovers and rolled wanting to get engaged to one and get married to the other.
Mad Poster
#2699 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:50 AM
"Coming out of the closet, perhaps?"

I installed simler90's Outfit Sense and I'm loving it so far. But it's really amusing to see a randomly generated townie who could best be described as a dudebro wearing a bright pink tuxedo.

Top Secret Researcher
#2700 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 7:05 AM
"Awww" Two Sims met for the first time and had a 3-bolt attraction for each other.
"What the hell? You don't even need a bath!" to a Sim casually cleaning herself while 2 desperately stinky family members are waiting.
"Oh shit!" at the disappearance of a student Sim from the dorm. Eventually I found her urn beside the bed, the second fatality of the dreaded new flu.
Page 108 of 168