Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 12:43 PM
TSRW Import UV Broken?
Hey everyone,

I'm working on an object, and I'm running into an issue where the textures become misaligned once I import the mesh into TSRW.

In the modelling software, the textures look like this:

But once I put it into TSRW and into the game, the textures look like this:

Notice the stone base and how some of the steel textures appear on it.

Any ideas why and how to fix this? I use .obj to import into Milkshape. Attached below is the file- would anyone be able to take a look at it?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  07 Bridge Span.zip (3.29 MB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 1:37 PM
I've tried a few tricks in milkshape that would usually fix this issue, but tuns out that it's the UV map! Your UV map seems to overlap the actual UV map area (if that makes any sense :P) And that seemed to have done the trick. I guess the game didn't know what the offset of the UV map was because of that.
Also, love to see you working on that bridge! I think it's simply amazing ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 5:13 PM
@Greenplumbbob - How did you fix it?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 6:11 PM
I made sure that everything was within the texture area, as displayed right here, which seemed to have fixed it. I've only UV mapped the supporting part of the bridge though, not sure if you want the edited OBJ part, since I did the UV mapping pretty fast and I guess I might have missplayed some islands...