Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#51 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Maxis added it for nothing. It is there but..without cheat, not accessible. You can though, categorize anything to be PJ, I did for the diaper. So I can have toddlers only wearing a diaper as their PJ.

Alrighty, thanks! I've always wondered that.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:24 PM
Undies in Spring and Summer, pajamas in Fall and Winter.
Scholar
#53 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:02 PM
Whatever i click first

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#54 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:09 PM
mostly pyjamas for me because it doesn't seem appropriate to wear undies in front of young children (i'm pretty sure only a handful of sims in my game don't have kids)

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Alchemist
#55 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
mostly pyjamas for me because it doesn't seem appropriate to wear undies in front of young children (i'm pretty sure only a handful of sims in my game don't have kids)
not sure if Child/younger would have a reaction toward underwear.
the Crumplebottom NPC did have a reaction (before I gotten expansions 4,5,8); after my sims done WooHoo/Try-For-Baby.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:49 AM
Mostly PJs. But if it's during the daytime; underwear. Or, if it's in summer, I'll let them wear their undies to bed.

My simblrIcon credit
Scholar
#57 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 5:39 AM
Undies all the way! I'm so use to it that there would be birthday parties and a sim or two are still in their undies, especially grandparents (oops!) :p
Test Subject
#58 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 9:42 AM
It depend on what sims I made, if it lazy one then it underwear other it PJ.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:12 PM
For some reason I almost always have my sims sleep in underwear. No reason, I just do it and I don't know why.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:57 PM
PJs in winter and autumn, underwear in spring and summer :D
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Slight derail. Is it usual for children to take an afternoon nap in RL? I always find that my sim children's energy drains faster than the adults'.

Sims 2 children seem to represent very young kids, like about 5-10, and I've known kids as old as eight who take afternoon naps, so it is normal, at least for young children. It would seem reasonable for Sim children to take afternoon naps, at least during the first half of the stage.

On topic: Pajamas always for teens and younger, unless there's a story explanation for undies(poor family so not much to wear, apocalypse situation, etc.). For adults they wear undies if they're sleeping alone or with a lover, if I need them to share the bed with someone they are not romantic with they wear PJs, also neat or shy sims usually wear pajamas even alone.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Forum Resident
#62 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 9:59 PM
My sims will sometimes autonomously go to bed in their knickers. I let them. It really doesn't bother me, but I do find it kinda funny. When I direct them it's always 'sleep in pajamas'.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:08 PM
my sims mainly wear pyjamas besides Paul. I also usually sent them directly to change into everyday clothes when they wake up - which is a handful when the family big =3=

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#64 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 1:38 AM
A few old-fashioned Sims wear pyjamas, and a few others, mostly female I think, have invested in alluring nightwear, so choose that at bedtime, but, as already mentioned, most of my Sims sleep in their undies. And that generally means sexy skimpy underwear too -- for males as well as females. But, let me tell you a story. . .

One night Andrew invited his long time friend and chess partner Malory Mace round after school. They soaked together in the hot tub chatting; then they played chess together in Andrew's room. About half past eleven Gloria interrupted them and said, "Andrew, it's really too late for Mallory to go back home to Downtown on her own. Ask her to stay the night."
"But mum," said Andrew, "Where will she sleep?"
"Why, in bed with you of course, Andrew," replied Gloria. "It's a double bed. There's plenty of room for both of you."
"But Mum!" exclaimed Andrew. "Mallory's Romance! She might get ideas."
"You little prude!" answered Gloria with a kiss. "You and Mallory have been friends for years. Of course she knows that you're gay. And that you're going steady with Julian. And she respects you. She's not going to get any 'ideas'."
So Andrew dutifully asked Mallory to stay the night. And Mallory readily accepted her friend's invitation.

But Andrew was still not completely convinced. Instead of going to bed in the tiny tie-side briefs he usually wears, he went to his wardrobe and dug out a set of sky blue pyjamas that he hadn't worn in years.

And he insisted that Mallory put on full-length pyjamas too.

And so the two friends did sleep together . . .

. . . each keeping very carefully to their own side of the bed!

Sorry for the tiny pictures. The incident happened a few years ago. And personally I think Andrew actually looks quite fetching in his old Maxis pyjamas. What do you think?
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Space Pony
#65 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:29 AM
What ever is the first/fastest option if they do not go themselves, might be pajamas then.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
#66 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
The Question of the Universe is yet to be asked and debated on....

PJs vs Underwear

Nude all the way.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#67 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:54 AM
Always pajamas, unless they woohooed and fell asleep afterwards, in which case they wear whatever they woohooed in (which they choose by themselves, thanks to ACR). I remember seeing a download that was a ton of super cute little girl's panties and almost downloading it before remembering that I would never actually see those undies in my game.

Speaking about toddler PJs, though, I dislike how toddlers are perpetually in PJs because they change into them to go to sleep and then they never change out unless you do so manually, which I always forget to do. It's unfortunate because I think some of the toddler everyday clothing is actually cute and would like to see it more often. Is there a "automatically change toddlers into everyday when taking them out of their cribs" hack somewhere?
Mad Poster
#68 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:58 PM
The thread just above this one: Sleep in underwear or pajamas---?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Undead Molten Llama
#69 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Slight derail. Is it usual for children to take an afternoon nap in RL? I always find that my sim children's energy drains faster than the adults'.

In the game, a child's energy definitely does degrade faster than an adult's. Which I think is realistic; growing takes lots of energy. I think their hunger should degrade faster to reflect this, too, although I've never noticed if it does. IRL...Well, babies and toddlers crash all the time, of course. Their natural rhythm is to sleep when they're tired and be awake when they're not, regardless of the time of day Between the ages of about 4 and 8, my kids had to take an afternoon nap (or at least just have some quiet downtime in their bed/room; I homeschooled them, so they were home, not at school) just to get them out of my hair for a while. Then when they were going through puberty, they were exhausted all the time, and often power-napped of their own volition. My very physically active son took long naps when he could (and developed a talent for sleeping under any conditions, which serves him well now that he's in the Army, too), but even my far more sedentary and nerdy/bookwormy daughter napped a lot then. I remember doing so during puberty, too. The physical and hormonal changes that puberty brings are exhausting.

As for the thread's real topic...Many of my Sims go for Option 3: Nekkid, because I have a nudist mod. I don't use it in every neighborhood, though, and where I don't, if they're putting themselves to bed, I let them choose their sleeping attire. If I'm commanding them to sleep, I'll usually pick PJs for chicks because sleeping in a bra and panties, to me, qualifies as torture, and underwear for guys because all the boys/guys I know, if they don't sleep naked, seem to prefer sleeping in their boxers. Probably because it's the lazy choice, as they're already wearing them.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Page 3 of 3