Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:15 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Blank thumbnails, freezing in CAS (again)
So I had this issue before but it wasn’t solved. I solved this by rolling back my graphics drivers, which helped for a bit until I had to get a new CPU (the old one had bent pins). The issue came back. I updated my drivers, and the issue still remains. The thumbnails in the family bin are either blank or just show the head, and when I finish creating a family and press Confirm, it just freezes.
I haven’t downloaded any CC since before this issue first occurred, so it can’t be CC I’m sure. I’ve also done the Graphics Rules thing, which didn’t help. Just strange.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:31 AM
I came here after seeing your question on the silly question thread. Do you by chance have an AMD graphics card? if so you might want to look over the sticky thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641 and read the comments starting from my post 56# on. A few of us have had trouble with AMD cards and the update they did which took away direct 9 games and we also believe was compounded by a windows update in February. My only fix was to buy a new Nvidea graphic card.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:23 AM
That’s pretty frustrating, but thank you! I hope to buy a new graphics card one of these days (Nvidia 1060 or something like that) so hopefully that resolves the problem.