Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 1019 (Who?), Viewed: 74734 times.
Page 41 of 41
Scholar
#1001 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 2:34 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 22nd Sep 2017 at 2:45 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
The bug is only happening with the phone camera, so I just bought him the cheapo $75 camera 'till I get money to buy a better one. it's fine. Maybe you just can't do it with a phone camera idfk x.x

Weeellllll... I just did it in my game as a test, with the camera phone and it worked.

See^

My game for some reason, although up-to-date, and yes, I OWN IT, it is slow with patches. For example "We fixed an issue that could cause female Sims to remain wearing a pink bra when taking a shower." - That only recently stopped happening in my game, not immediately after the patch. When they patched the game so that the relationship panels were no longer so cluttered with details, nothing changed. When it finally changed I was like "WTF is wrong with my game?" I went whining on the official forums and they informed me that it was fixed several patches ago. And the second to last patch that said it would delete the "IS KNOWN ALIEN" from appearing TWICE in the relationship panel... Its STILL THERE. I don't know why it is like this. All my alien toddlers/children still know each other are aliens... TWICE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryűchan
Um, has the old toddler/child bug returned recently? I mean, the one where they randomly switch hair and eye colour? I used to have that way back when, but that got fixed (I assumed it was officially fixed in some update since it just vanished from my game), and now it is back again with a vengeance.
Or is it just that I'm plain stupid, taking up the toddler mayhem challenge for myself (one adult and seven toddlers in one household. Hired a butler, but apart from being bother all use as always, the butler keeps trying to commit suicide), that makes my sim tots randomly switch away from the eye and hair colours I gave them?

Happens to me too, but only with Alien toddlers and some children, only their eyebrows will randomly switch color. Pisses me off to no end so I often end up just making them without eyebrows as it doesn't look as bad on aliens.

<---(My avatar is my self-sim and me!) If you want to see my sims creations/families/pictures/available sims visit here: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ How many ears did Spock have? The left ear, the right ear, and the final front ear. :D
Field Researcher
#1002 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 1:59 PM
When I move a family and their whole house/lot to a new neighbourhood will that have any disadvantages? Like will they lose relationships or something?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1003 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:13 PM
You should be fine. It's not like TS3 where the worlds actually were completely different save files.
And if it doesn't work out after you move them, just exit the game without saving if you don't like the result.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
#1004 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:27 PM
I have a stupid question: I dont understand the new household-library after the pets patch. Now we have saved yet unplayed sims (townies and NPCs), but also the option to make fav. (heart) the played and the unplayed households alike. So,in short,which are the sims being culled? Do I need to save all my played sims as favs (heart) , or is the played sims still "safe" also without love attached to them?

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1005 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 9:07 PM
As far as my understanding goes you have to still mark your played families with the hearts now. I've not looked at it much but it seems any of my played households from previous saves have been pre-hearted anyway.

Field Researcher
#1006 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
As far as my understanding goes you have to still mark your played families with the hearts now. I've not looked at it much but it seems any of my played households from previous saves have been pre-hearted anyway.

Thanks,I suppose it is so after all. In my wildest imagination this new system was an actual improvement...turns out it´s just the same but more complicated and with hearts

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Scholar
DELETED POST
13th Nov 2017 at 5:30 AM
This message has been deleted by spidergirl79. Reason: Oops someone already answered
Instructor
#1007 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 8:30 AM
Well on the plus side, using household management and even launching CAS from there is vastly quicker than it used to be. So there's that improvement, at least.

As far as I understand, any Sims marked with a heart are considered "protected" from culling, whereas anyone without is considered fair game for deletion. You can't have more hearted Sims than the defined Sim count though.

It's not clear whether changing the setting to Unlimited disables culling altogether, or only allows for unlimited Sims to be hearted. I would mark any Sims you want to keep with a heart just in case tbh.
Field Researcher
#1008 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 2:44 PM
Is there a way to sell a whole stack from the household inventory? In TS3 you could drag the whole stack and sell it at once, but TS4 always gives me a popup everytime and asks how many items I want to sell and I either have to click the plus sign or type in the max number. Am I overlooking something?
dodgy builder
#1009 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 3:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
Is there a way to sell a whole stack from the household inventory? In TS3 you could drag the whole stack and sell it at once, but TS4 always gives me a popup everytime and asks how many items I want to sell and I either have to click the plus sign or type in the max number. Am I overlooking something?

I've been selling them dozens of times and it works like clockwork. There might have been changes in a patch after toddlers though.
Field Researcher
#1010 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 5:04 PM Last edited by sayyadina : 13th Nov 2017 at 5:19 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsal Axe
Well on the plus side, using household management and even launching CAS from there is vastly quicker than it used to be. So there's that improvement, at least.

As far as I understand, any Sims marked with a heart are considered "protected" from culling, whereas anyone without is considered fair game for deletion. You can't have more hearted Sims than the defined Sim count though.

It's not clear whether changing the setting to Unlimited disables culling altogether, or only allows for unlimited Sims to be hearted. I would mark any Sims you want to keep with a heart just in case tbh.

For me it is also a matter of playing with aging on or off. If played yet un-hearted sims where safe from culling, I could turn the aging on for this unplayed sims and feel they die somewhat natural deaths. Why else keep the system with played or unplayed sims parallell to the heart or no heart? It doesnt make any sense !,and I dont want to risk ruining my game by experimenting. Some sims I created just to fill roles,be neighbours,friends or workmates...I wish to keep them the "played" in the background but not active per se,and thus no little heart for them. Im lost here. / I also dont understand the "save"-size and the total sims count. My game only counts the hearts. Same time the game also saves the unplayed townies ,- or are they generated anew everytime I open up the game? Bc they sure look and act the same as before. Maybe Im obsessing over this, but it is somewhat important in the long run. I own a restaurant and of course I want to know if I should invest in my unplayed chef or if he is going to die any moment

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1011 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:36 PM
Basically, if a household DOESN'T have a heart then the game can delete them when your population reaches the maximum.
I believe the new population cap selections available in the Options screen are for how many households the game will allow you to "heart". So setting it to Unlimited will NOT stop culling but there will be no limit to how many households you can "heart". That is, if I've understood everything I have read correctly.
They really need to release an official blog post explaining all of these new settings in plain English.

Field Researcher
#1012 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:15 PM
This might be a really stupid question, but I'm confused - Can your Sim live in a vet clinic? Like downstairs would be the clinic and the first floor would be their private home.

If I recall correctly Sims could live on retail lots, right? You could open and close your business whenever you wanted and just pay your bills via phone. (Don't know how it is with restaurants because I haven't played that yet.) Is that possible for the vet clinic as well?
Inventor
#1013 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 4:50 PM
It's not just the culling that's the issue, sims without a Heart are a risk of losing relationships, skills, job, etc, if you have a favourite family you never play, I suggest tagging them with a Heart also, the culling system is completely revamped, There's no such thing as "Played" sims anymore, full detail here anyway...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...72605#msg472605
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1014 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:23 PM
I think you mean this link> http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/f...72099#msg472099

dodgy builder
#1015 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote:

I just checked that out and it's the difference between clicking on the grocery icon itself and clicking on the number in the corner. I don't click that much on the number in the corner because I don't think it's that useful. I don't think you can write how many you would like to sell. It's like all at once or one-by.one.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1016 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I just checked that out and it's the difference between clicking on the grocery icon itself and clicking on the number in the corner. I don't click that much on the number in the corner because I don't think it's that useful. I don't think you can write how many you would like to sell. It's like all at once or one-by.one.

I think you are both talking about selling from different inventories.
Selling from the HOUSEHOLD inventory creates a popup, if you have more than one item in a stack, and asks you how many you want to sell.
Selling from the PERSONAL inventory allows you to drag a single item or an entire stack to the sell panel but you can't specify a specific number.

Instructor
#1017 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:38 PM
What happens to children/toddlers/babies when their parents/all adults in the household die?

Sometimes...things that are expensive...are worse.
Field Researcher
#1018 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 5:07 PM
About the flea market - Is there ever anything else on sale except chairs, couches and lamps?

I really like the idea of the flea market, but it takes so long until I actually get one that I usually have earned enough money by then to buy things via Buy Mode. And every time I went there I just saw these three items there (and of course the minerals and dolls on the tables).
Field Researcher
#1019 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 11:49 AM
OK, stupid question time - how long does it take (sim time) for a sim with maxed out skill + inspired mood to paint a painting without mods? I've tried to find information about that and writing, but, uh, no luck.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1020 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:43 PM
Quote:
About the flea market - Is there ever anything else on sale except chairs, couches and lamps?

I really like the idea of the flea market, but it takes so long until I actually get one that I usually have earned enough money by then to buy things via Buy Mode. And every time I went there I just saw these three items there (and of course the minerals and dolls on the tables).

Nope. The rugs only ever sell those three tiems. I think the idea is that there is a "used" set of furniture that can only be obtained by purchasing from the Flea Market (without cheats) that is made up of those objects. I think it's random if those specific items actually show up though.

Page 41 of 41