Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 1:02 PM
Replies: 1121 (Who?), Viewed: 82358 times.
Page 45 of 45
Field Researcher
#1101 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 9:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
Like...is there a cheat or something I can use to cancel the "phase"? It was cute at first but now it's just getting stupid.


testingcheats on
traits.remove_trait ChildhoodPhase_Bear

here there are more in case you'll need
just replace the "equip" with "remove"
https://twinfinite.net/2017/06/sims...enthood-cheats/
Mad Poster
#1102 Old 1st Jul 2018 at 10:19 PM
You are a life saver xD

The Receptacle still lives!
Scholar
#1103 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 1:20 AM
How do people play households with more than 1 dog? It seems like I spend all sim day walking them. And if I don't walk them then they whine so bad

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1104 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive
How do people play households with more than 1 dog? It seems like I spend all sim day walking them. And if I don't walk them then they whine so bad


If you want you can get someone else for the job
Scholar
#1105 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
If you want you can get someone else for the job


OMG THANK YOU. So gonna try this

I've always said I could never get a dog because I'm too lazy to activate them enough. Can't even be bothered to walk them ingame smh...

...Which is why I got a cat

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Field Researcher
#1106 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ive
OMG THANK YOU. So gonna try this

I've always said I could never get a dog because I'm too lazy to activate them enough. Can't even be bothered to walk them ingame smh...

...Which is why I got a cat


Just yesterday the same modder posted a mod to allow sims to walk their cats as well..
I guess you're not gonna use it

but yeah, cats are the best
Forum Resident
#1107 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:31 PM
How do sims treat/get rid of pulled muscles? One of my jocks pulled a muscle several days ago, and when it didn't go away on its own I started experimenting with things that made sense -- making him take restful baths, making him sleep as much as possible, making him lounge on the couch. It doesn't seem to be doing anything. There's 2 arrows flashing red "upward" on the Pulled Muscle moodlet, which makes me think it's getting worse. Any ideas? I tried googling but only found one sims-related result, and it was a picture of a sim with a pulled muscle.
Field Researcher
#1108 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellincoffee
How do sims treat/get rid of pulled muscles? One of my jocks pulled a muscle several days ago, and when it didn't go away on its own I started experimenting with things that made sense -- making him take restful baths, making him sleep as much as possible, making him lounge on the couch. It doesn't seem to be doing anything. There's 2 arrows flashing red "upward" on the Pulled Muscle moodlet, which makes me think it's getting worse. Any ideas? I tried googling but only found one sims-related result, and it was a picture of a sim with a pulled muscle.


You have a special interaction on the bathtub "muscle-relaxing bath" or something like that
and if you have Spa Day you can also let him have a massage at the spa/at home.
Field Researcher
#1109 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 8:17 PM
Funny, I've never seen a Sim get any bad moodlet from exercise that didn't go away on its own eventually, at least with a nice hot bath. Same with all other Uncomfortable moodlets (Lousy Drink? Really?) I guess I need to Tri Moar (TM).

So here's my stupid question for the day: Is there any real difference between Watch TV and Channel Surf? Because I always use Channel Surf, though I have no idea why.
Forum Resident
#1110 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
You have a special interaction on the bathtub "muscle-relaxing bath" or something like that
and if you have Spa Day you can also let him have a massage at the spa/at home.


It was gone when I loaded the game, so its persistence was just a glitch, I think . Thanks for the bath info, though..glad to know my thinking was on the right track.
Field Researcher
#1111 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 12:07 AM
Ah. Could be one of those stuck moodlets that needs <testingcheats on> followed by <sims.remove_all_buffs> probably followed by <testingcheats off> just to play it safe. Good thing we have those cheat codes back through a mod.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1112 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuusei86
Funny, I've never seen a Sim get any bad moodlet from exercise that didn't go away on its own eventually, at least with a nice hot bath. Same with all other Uncomfortable moodlets (Lousy Drink? Really?) I guess I need to Tri Moar (TM).

So here's my stupid question for the day: Is there any real difference between Watch TV and Channel Surf? Because I always use Channel Surf, though I have no idea why.

I think telling a Sim to Watch TV means they will watch whatever channel was on last and stick with it. If you tell them to Channel Surf they should change channels every so often.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#1113 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 7:55 PM
I wanted to place some custom rooms at my apartment, but some of them give me a "invalid rounded room" error. What is that supposed to mean?
Field Researcher
#1114 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
I wanted to place some custom rooms at my apartment, but some of them give me a "invalid rounded room" error. What is that supposed to mean?


Does any of them use rounded floor bits?
try to place it a few tiles away from where you're currently trying
a print-screen should be helpful as well..
Instructor
#1115 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Does any of them use rounded floor bits?
try to place it a few tiles away from where you're currently trying
a print-screen should be helpful as well..
Yeah, it has rounded floor bits.
I just realized that it does work on the second floor of the apartment. The room has a fountain and I realized I can only build fountains on the second floor, but pools work on both floors. Isn't that weird?

Pics if they're still needed:
Field Researcher
#1116 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
Yeah, it has rounded floor bits.
I just realized that it does work on the second floor of the apartment. The room has a fountain and I realized I can only build fountains on the second floor, but pools work on both floors. Isn't that weird?

Pics if they're still needed:


I think you can build fountains on the first floor as well, it was something wrong about the existing corners meeting rounded corners in a wrong way
I can't seem to spot it on the pictures tho, but I guess you figured it out?
Instructor
#1117 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
I think you can build fountains on the first floor as well, it was something wrong about the existing corners meeting rounded corners in a wrong way
I can't seem to spot it on the pictures tho, but I guess you figured it out?
I just improvised and basically copied the room by myself. No big deal, but I'm still confused what the problem was in the first place. I googled and some old threads said it was some kind of bug and they didn't get the error the next day, so maybe it really is some random bug.
Field Researcher
#1118 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
I just improvised and basically copied the room by myself. No big deal, but I'm still confused what the problem was in the first place. I googled and some old threads said it was some kind of bug and they didn't get the error the next day, so maybe it really is some random bug.


I don't think it was a bug, there are some sorts of round corners that are impossible for the game to deal with
like what I've just done here:


so it's not a bug, it's the way the game works with rounded stuff.
Lab Assistant
#1119 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:17 AM
Question about kids doing exercise (push up/sit up etc.) in energized mood, do those exercises build up any fitness skill?
Field Researcher
#1120 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu_c
Question about kids doing exercise (push up/sit up etc.) in energized mood, do those exercises build up any fitness skill?


It builds up their motor skill, since kids have no fitness skill to build up..
but if they have the Rambunctious Scamp Aspiration and they complete it, they would get a reward trait (Physically Gifted) to help them earn fitness skill faster after they grow up.
Forum Resident
#1121 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:13 PM
What's the difference between a "Game pack" and an "Expansion Pack"? I get "Stuff packs". Sims 3 only has EPs and SPs.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#1122 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 6:44 PM
A 'Game Pack' is somewhat a 'middle of the road' pack: not as big as an Expansion, but not as small as a Stuff Pack. In practice, is a pack centered around a single theme (opposed to the expansion, that tends to have at least two), and a single feature that is developed profoundly. For example, 'Outdoor Retreat' is a Game Pack that centers around camping, and as such includes a camping location, camping activities, and camping skills, like Herbalism. 'Dine Out' is a game pack that centers around having restaurants, and it includes different kinds of restaurants, a restaurant bussiness system... to be fair, nowadays they are more well developed (and received) than Expansion Packs.
Page 45 of 45
Back to top