Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

Casimir

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
Replies: 8069 (Who?), Viewed: 347600 times.
Page 323 of 323
Space Pony
#8051 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 8:13 PM
One thing I hated in the sims 3 was how the cars and bicycles ran so fast so the houses didn't load properly during the ride. Thank god we don't have that in the sims 4!

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Field Researcher
#8052 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
Hmm I wonder what will happen if you have a famous chef and have them own a restaurant? Will they get more customers? That's probably too much to ask - from EA.

They would have to be creative. Like Sims 4 has good idea but they always an idea short.

A famous Sim politician should be able to run for President for example. Imagine if we could throw campaign events, ect and impact the cities based on laws.
Field Researcher
#8053 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyadina
One thing I hated in the sims 3 was how the cars and bicycles ran so fast so the houses didn't load properly during the ride. Thank god we don't have that in the sims 4!

Yes, thank god we don't have vehicles and/or other natural/normal ways of transportation. I so love having my Sims effortlessly bend the space-time continuum and teletransporting themselves to different lots and worlds, that is an absolute and unparalleled immersive experience.
Mad Poster
#8054 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:26 PM
You know Maxis' new way of doing things. "If it's broke, don't fix it. Get rid of it."

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#8055 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm so tired of reading about the TS3 store. Like with anything sims, sans the base game, anything and everything beyond that is optional.

Being optional doesn't mean it's not crappy.
Forum Resident
#8056 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 3:12 PM
So is the short blue/yellow haired sim on the front of everything thing supposed to be the influencing Youtuber they talked about in the reveal article?

FOR THE HORDE
Alchemist
#8057 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayyadina
One thing I hated in the Sims 3 was how the cars and bicycles ran so fast so the houses didn't load properly during the ride. Thank god we don't have that in the sims 4!

Not sure how cars and bicycles affected that unless you mean you were taking a screen with a sim that's been focused meanwhile you're (s)he was driving a race car pass those lots and you wanted snap a motion-sharp screenshot. Other than that, I think is because your sim just set the foot.

Also, what specs were your computer was at that time you were playing? Often I see players blaming the game than in actually usually it's their fault for not investing in better hardware system.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#8058 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 6:52 PM
My old pc did not run sims 3 very well and took forever too load the game. And got lots of error 12's while playing.
Field Researcher
#8059 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weisskreuz
So is the short blue/yellow haired sim on the front of everything thing supposed to be the influencing Youtuber they talked about in the reveal article?

I don't think so... I think she's just a Premade they made for the new world...
Field Researcher
#8060 Old Yesterday at 12:40 AM
Cars? You clearly can't match Maxis' 69D chess; by the time TS4 ends, portable invisible teleporters will be invented and will replace all other vehicles, once again proving that this game is not only an accurate simulation, but a real-life visionary tool.
Lab Assistant
#8061 Old Yesterday at 2:10 AM
The Sims 4 is all about magic, like the bath tub taps, sink taps and stove ovens are opened themselves without sims touching them.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Lab Assistant
#8062 Old Yesterday at 8:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
The Sims 4 is all about magic, like the bath tub taps, sink taps and stove ovens are opened themselves without sims touching them.

https://youtu.be/UGanJbufi7Q

Never underestimate how lazy some people are willing to get.
Field Researcher
#8063 Old Yesterday at 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably

LMFAO damn... I mean come on it isn't even that hard to fill the tub with bath water... Like why waste the tech on that? 😆
Alchemist
#8064 Old Yesterday at 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably

The 12-yo demographic responding to us...

TS4 can't be techier than that.

Field Researcher
#8065 Old Yesterday at 11:15 PM Last edited by Kompaktive : Yesterday at 11:26 PM.
https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...522668087144448
Quote:
Yes, if you own City Living your Sim can develop their singing skill, and will earn fame when performing in public and earning tips. This will lead to larger crowds gathering to watch them perform.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...487264587833344
Quote:
You could become famous simply by developing your Sim's writing skill and publishing your books, yes. You don't have to specifically join the Writer career, although that is an entirely separate path you could pursue to become famous.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...495575647346688
Quote:
Can we say all the skills ? Or nah ?
Many of them, not all of them. Some just don't do anything that logically made sense in contributing towards a Sim's fame.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...543221619576832
Quote:
Can our sims become famous bowlers?
If you beat another Sim by bowling a perfect game, that sure sounds worthy of fame to me. So... yes.

Okay I'm in for this pack. This is a must have for me, I wanna become Bob Ross.
Scholar
#8066 Old Yesterday at 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kompaktive
Okay I'm in for this pack. This is a must have for me, I wanna become Bob Ross.

"Titanium white...."

I could watch that man paint until my last days - the most soothing voice in the world...

"When in doubt, blame Dad..."
Field Researcher
#8067 Old Today at 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoji
"Titanium white...."

I could watch that man paint until my last days - the most soothing voice in the world...

*Smacking brush*
Accidental ASMR
Space Pony
#8068 Old Today at 6:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Not sure how cars and bicycles affected that unless you mean you were taking a screen with a sim that's been focused meanwhile you're (s)he was driving a race car pass those lots and you wanted snap a motion-sharp screenshot. Other than that, I think is because your sim just set the foot.

Also, what specs were your computer was at that time you were playing? Often I see players blaming the game than in actually usually it's their fault for not investing in better hardware system.

Well, I like to play with the camera set on the sim in motion and rather close. And yes, I take plenty of pictures. I´m not blaming something this or that, but I can honestly say I never liked the sims 3 much.
I play the sims much to experience visual details. In the sims 3 the open landscape was rather important like that -but also quite overrated. The whole open world-thing was about driving fast,cycling,riding or running, and I always hated it when my sims had to go places. I felt motion-sick.

Last time I played 3, the specs was 8 gb ram / nvidia Geforce 650 ti with highest settings in game. (An ok. machine for that game as well as many others, unless one is a complete snob, lol. ) I only had basegame and two or three expansions installed though.The game ran fine (fast) in itself, but trees and houses loaded slow and was totally ugly also when the number of detailed lots was set to 8 ( a bit better than the sims 2 of course) The open world-lag also got worse with time and a growing save-file as I recall it, unplayable after an hour. To my surprise the sims 3 looked and felt much better on my husbands office-laptop with much lower specs Perhaps bc the screen also was smaller and the game actually looked better in a more compact form?

What I personally like most about the sims 4- and I dont compare them really,since the sims 4 didnt exist when ppl loved the sims 3- is how everything, also houses in the distance, has very much details, and how it is playable even without mods and hours of research on problem-solving.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Alchemist
#8069 Old Today at 10:42 AM
I see. Kinda sucks that you have motion-sick. Would put me off (the game) too If I had one. That's valid reason though. However, they could have fixed that while keeping vehicles to the next sequel. I'm start to think that they shouldn't program for cars to drive that FAST. One can argue that the town is small, but really - it feels weird when the car is following the zooming card as If you're drugged. Would been more aesthetically practical If the rate they drove as how it was in TS2 (and maybe even made the world a lot smaller, so that driving time would been in-sych with the speed of vehicles and as a bonus - the town would fit under one frame screen without having to move the camera around).

To clarify what's great about TS4 worlds is by their suitable size: you can see every lot without having to zoom out and edge scroll/move-camera-around (albeit those sort of mechanics don't exist, which is a downfall for some town builders, but I do like that these worlds by default that small). TS3 it was kinda navigating around and especially finding lots that off the side of your position screen until you move the camera around.

Instructor
#8070 Old Today at 11:38 AM
https://twitter.com/SimGuruNinja/st...550517997293568
Quote:
You can make any lot exclusive! We'll tell/show you how soon!

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...544073369505793
Quote:
No, this pack doesn't offer a way for pets to become famous.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...485088364818432
Quote:
Your Sim's public image is saved and shared through the Gallery. Their Reputation, Celebrity Level, Fame Points, Fame Perks, and one other aspect of fame--that I don't believe has been shared yet--will be preserved through the Gallery.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/s...484398481530881
Quote:
Yes, children inherit fame based on the fame of their parent or parents. If their parents are famous, they'll automatically gain some percentage amount of their parent's fame each time they age up.
Page 323 of 323